Non-Key Tweets | Page 417 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

I'll give MH is proper credit: for a non-UConn guy he seems to understand that UConn is very well positioned in all metrics, including a very quick and easy expansion of the Rent. If we begin B12 play in 2017, we are probably at 55K on opening day. Many people out there don't understand how the Rent was designed and built in the first place.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
@alexbrowns19 I think 14 is the magic number for a network. UCONN & 1 of the Fla schools at least are in..

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@alexbrowns19 13 & 14 would be between a Fla school, BYU & UC.

@alexbrowns19 My primary concern if I were a UC fan would be that the B12 hired a consulting firm to use deep analytics on feasibility.

@alexbrowns19 This is only my opinion but based on my research UCONN, BYU & UCF should be locks.

Alexander Vinolus ‏@alexbrowns19 · 1h1 hour ago  Cincinnati, OH
@theDudeofWV @alexbrowns19 but not UC?

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@alexbrowns19 Well. UCONN makes a network feasible. USF has 1.8M CHs, UCF has 1.4M CHs. BYU is truly the only P5 worthy school.

@alexbrowns19 I think UC would get the 14th spot but I'm far less certain they would get 11 or 12th spot.

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 · 52m52 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @alexbrowns19 just a few months ago u said UC was a lock @ 11 but no one could agree on 12. Once again your all over the place

@Mike_ohio26 @alexbrowns19 No. The network changed it.

@Mike_ohio26 @alexbrowns19 I said a lock if the B12 expanded. But the consulting firm may have reset appraisal.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 17m17 minutes ago
@Mike_ohio26 @alexbrowns19 What I said was based on my opinion only.

@Mike_ohio26 @alexbrowns19 The more i think about the B12 hiring a firm the more I think it will be a data driven decision.

@alexbrowns19 The B12 is 6 votes short for any expansion. Only the most profit changes those votes.

@alexbrowns19 There is a simple reason: Any B12 b
Network would have to pay Texas $15M each year off the top. Need the most cable homes.

Last edited:

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I'll give MH is proper credit: for a non-UConn guy he seems to understand that UConn is very well positioned in all metrics, including a very quick and easy expansion of the Rent. If we begin B12 play in 2017, we are probably at 55K on opening day. Many people out there don't understand how the Rent was designed and built in the first place.
I have seen this many times before and have always been intrigued what the potential plans might be, are there any stories/ examples for what the potentially renovated rent would look like or where it is we would add seats?

Reaction Score
Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 · 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @alexbrowns19 just a few months ago u said UC was a lock @ 11 but no one could agree on 12. Once again your all over the place

@Mike_ohio26 @alexbrowns19 Besides that was only my opinion. Not info passed down from B12.

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 · 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV @alexbrowns19 You still had Cincy @ 11 after the network talk started

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 37m37 minutes ago
@Mike_ohio26 @alexbrowns19 Didn't I explain it. After thinking about it the fact the B12 hired a firm leads me to believe data is king.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 33m33 minutes ago
@Mike_ohio26 @alexbrowns19 Mike your criticism today is undeserved as I made it very clear I was postulating scenarios not stating fact.

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 · 27m27 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @alexbrowns19 your opinion "based on your research" only pointed out earlier based on ur reseach u said UC was in

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 22m22 minutes ago
@Mike_ohio26 @alexbrowns19 I think I made it clear UC's best metric was distance from Morgantown.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 23m23 minutes ago
@Mike_ohio26 @alexbrowns19 It's pretty simple. UCONN, USF & UCF all have larger DMAs.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I have seen this many times before and have always been intrigued what the potential plans might be, are there any stories/ examples for what the potentially renovated rent would look like or where it is we would add seats?

From what I understand, it would be a third deck added to the UConn sideline that would stretch from the end of the scoreboard side and connect through to the press box (adding seating in the student section end too). If some renovations can be made to the scoreboard side, either additional seating or an advanced lounge bar area, that could add additional capacity too. Also, I believe original plans called for some luxury boxes on the main concourse between the 1st and 2nd decks (where some beer carts are). 55K easy. And with the land acquired in the PAWS renaming deal, the parking land is in place to accompany an expansion as soon as it happens.

Reaction Score
From what I understand, it would be a third deck added to the UConn sideline that would stretch from the end of the scoreboard side and connect through to the press box (adding seating in the student section end too). If some renovations can be made to the scoreboard side, either additional seating or an advanced lounge bar area, that could add additional capacity too. Also, I believe original plans called for some luxury boxes on the main concourse between the 1st and 2nd decks (where some beer carts are). 55K easy. And with the land acquired in the PAWS renaming deal, the parking land is in place to accompany an expansion as soon as it happens.
Only question I'd have is with all of the garbage going on with the XL renovation funding, where would UConn/the state get the $$ for such an expansion? Of course it wouldn't be $250 million, but if they can't get money to redo a decaying facility, how are they going to budget money to expand the Rent? Plenty of NIMBYs and morons in CT to protest funding for it.

Reaction Score
I don't take any of this news as news.

It's non-key news that isn't coming from anywhere or anyone who knows what's going on.
If you want to sh---t all over Flug in the Key Tweets thread that's fine.
But over here in the Non-Key Tweets thread you better tread lightly.
You can't control both the real world and Bizarro world. That's not fair.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Only question I'd have is with all of the garbage going on with the XL renovation funding, where would UConn/the state get the $$ for such an expansion? Of course it wouldn't be $250 million, but if they can't get money to redo a decaying facility, how are they going to budget money to expand the Rent? Plenty of NIMBYs and morons in CT to protest funding for it.

No argument there. My only guess is that this money has been buried somewhere in Storrs as part of all of the bonding going on that has been passed over the last several years. Or maybe Conspiracy Kitty is onto something: the baseball field is delayed so that the Connecticut can find some car wash money for the Rent.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I don't think we automatically expand unless it's a prerequisite. And if it is, I think the number is 50k with the upper deck. I'd leave the end zone open with the understanding that we could add an extra 2.5-3k overnight with temp bleachers.

Reaction Score
I don't think we automatically expand unless it's a prerequisite. And if it is, I think the number is 50k with the upper deck. I'd leave the end zone open with the understanding that we could add an extra 2.5-3k overnight with temp bleachers.
We don't have nearly the expansion problem UC does, there's absolutely no room to add a whole lot more there without knocking down buildings and making enormous changes. I'd also imagine there's a cap on how many people the surrounding walkways can hold without it being a fire code violation. As long as the money is there for UConn (which isn't a given), we could plop 100K seats in and there'd be room for it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Put another level of stands on UConn's side of the stadium (opposite Suites). Put some bleachers on end zone with student section. Create an open air bar on the end zone opened towards Hartford. 500-750 "tickets" issued. No permanent seating, just bar height tables.
15,000 extra people per game with only one concourse to be built. Done in 10 months.

Reaction Score
Put another level of stands on UConn's side of the stadium (opposite Suites). Put some bleachers on end zone with student section. Create an open air bar on the end zone opened towards Hartford. 500-750 "tickets" issued. No permanent seating, just bar height tables.
15,000 extra people per game with only one concourse to be built. Done in 10 months.
Got the $ for it?

Reaction Score
I believe I have a working title for The Dood's Memoir " Postulating scenarios not stating fact."

He reminds me of my Sophomore Year at the Upper Deck in Storrs. If I had enough to drinks and talked to enough girls, at some point in the course of an academic year, I was bound to get lucky simply based on statistics.

Reaction Score

Feathered in tiered revenue from conference affiliation? If/When a conference deal is signed sealed and delivered, there has to be a creative above the table way to "funnel" the money received by the school back to the State to underwrite expansion costs for Rent/XL? I could be wrong on the financing/bonding side...

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MHv er3 3h3 hours ago
Nippert Stadium will need to add about 8k more seats in the next 8 years if they join B12.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
UC president tells AD to "get ready" in regards to changing conference affiliations.

Aerocat ‏@aerocat08 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 We gonna have to wait until May?

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@aerocat08 may or June before there is even a vote to add. Then the waiting game to join.i doubt you will do the 27 month thing.

Brandon Bartlett‏@BBartlett819 Feb 6
@MH ver3 sc keep Clemson out of the sec?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 Feb 6
@BBartlett819 no SECN keeps Clemson and FSU out in favor of new markets in VA and NC

Seanbo Sengo ‏@SeanboSengo Feb 7
@MHver3 @BBartlett819 sec wont allow FSU and Clemson to go to b1g or b12

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 Feb 7
@SeanboSengo @BBartlett819 then why didn't they target them when they expanded last before the ACC GOR?

Seanbo Sengo‏@SeanboSengo Feb 7
@MH ver3 @BBartlett819 ACC keeps Clemson & FSU down, B1G would give them more money to compete against SEC schools.

TheFrogCast ‏@TheFrogCastTCU 2h2 hours ago
@SeanboSengo @MH ver3 @BBartlett819 Big Ten wanting FSU and Clemson with their academics! Ha

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@TheFrogCastTCU @SeanboSengo @BBartlett819 FSU was already turned down by both sec and B10 years ago. Not on their radar.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
Rentschler would also need to add at least 8K after joining but that will be less of an undertaking then Nippert.

Lime_GeorgiaSouthern ‏@limebalz1 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 UCONN and Cinci is not a positive move for BIG12. Just adding lackluster programs who've done squat in recent years

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 1h1 hour ago
@limebalz1 I would take them over Rutgers and Maryland any day.

Mike Ross‏@Mike_ohio26 28m28 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @alexbrowns19 Its not just DMA there are schools available with a larger DMA then you just listed but are not candidates....

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 26m26 minutes ago
@Mike_ohio26 @alexbrowns19 Not in the east.

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 17m17 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @alexbrowns19 last time I checked Temple is in the east.....Philadelphia is top 5

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 16m16 minutes ago
@Mike_ohio26 @alexbrowns19 Mike, really Temple. Look at their financials.

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 14m14 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @alexbrowns19 kinda like Rutgers when the B1G brought them in for DMA ..Once again this expansion isn't only about DMA

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 10m10 minutes ago
@Mike_ohio26 @alexbrowns19 RU was only brought in for there DMA.

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 2m2 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @alexbrowns19 making my point U said those other schools would be the choice because they lead in DMA Other things factor too

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 21m21 minutes ago
@Mike_ohio26 @alexbrowns19 UC doesn't lead the pack in any metric. That's the truth.

Steven Czyrny ‏@stevenczyrny 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV @Mike_ohio26 @alexbrowns19 based on football and basketball cincy is the best out of those.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 22m22 minutes ago
@stevenczyrny @Mike_ohio26 @alexbrowns19 BYU? UCONN hopes is better. UC football has been barely average against weak competition.

Steven Czyrny ‏@stevenczyrny 21m21 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @Mike_ohio26 @alexbrowns19 yes BYU is the best, but they weren't part of that group listed.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 20m20 minutes ago
@stevenczyrny @Mike_ohio26 @alexbrowns19 I did. If I didn't it was by error.

Steven Czyrny ‏@stevenczyrny 18m18 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @Mike_ohio26 @alexbrowns19 uc brings a good state, metro area, good academics, and solid football and basketball plus near wv

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 11m11 minutes ago
@stevenczyrny @Mike_ohio26 @alexbrowns19 Honestly. Compare UC metric by metric to the others. Does it lead in any?

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 13m13 minutes ago
@stevenczyrny @Mike_ohio26 @alexbrowns19 If I were a UC fan I would accept whatever advantage they had.

ME: Seriously, if you're eventually picked by the Big 12, I'll open a thread to congratulate you.

Reaction Score

This has been publicly released. The foundatons are in place, and the rest rooms and food service areas were built, to support a 10k to 12k addition going higher on the side behind the UConn bench. Fans have talked beyond that -- like putting in sides where the temporary Michigan seats were -- but the extra seats on the sunny side were planed for when they build the building.

Reaction Score
This has been publicly released. The foundatons are in place, and the rest rooms and food service areas were built, to support a 10k to 12k addition going higher on the side behind the UConn bench. Fans have talked beyond that -- like putting in sides where the temporary Michigan seats were -- but the extra seats on the sunny side were planed for when they build the building.
Yep, my buddies dad worked up there as part of the operating engineers union, and that is exactly as i remember him telling me.

My only question is how much that would cost today.

Reaction Score
And from one of our Star Wars "friends":

Utini ‏@PromiscuousJawa 2h2 hours ago
Lots of smoke. But no one w loose lips knows a thing. Believe that. B12 is on lockdown for info. 11 is decided and fully vetted. 12 isn't.

Utini ‏@PromiscuousJawa 2h2 hours ago
no new timetable or est on when. The next possibility is May/June. even then is foggy. Trust no one who isn't a prez/AD who says otherwise.

Reaction Score
According to the website for Blakeslee Prestress, Inc., the company that did the concrete construction for the stadium, "The layout and design for the structure will allow expansion of another 20,000 seats in the future."

I think that this must be an error, though. Every other thing that I've read states that the stadium was built to be expanded to 50,000 seats.

http://www.blakesleeprestress.com/p...B46E-F1F6-B13E-86AA1F84C6375FA7&searchString=

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Some of these people make the 'shiners look sane.

Reaction Score
According to the website for Blakeslee Prestress, Inc., the company that did the concrete construction for the stadium, "The layout and design for the structure will allow expansion of another 20,000 seats in the future."

I think that this must be an error, though. Every other thing that I've read states that the stadium was built to be expanded to 50,000 seats.
Pre-construction and during construction, I distinctly remember 55K being quoted and cited many times. In more recent years, 50K has been referenced.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom