Non-Key Tweets | Page 418 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't take any of this news as news.
It's non-key news that isn't coming from anywhere or anyone who knows what's going on.

I'm still buying a new cup, just in case.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score

They put us 8th on a list of schools that should be added... Below Northern Illinois.

Words can't even...

w-t-f kinda garbage is this...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Pre-construction and during construction, I distinctly remember 55K being quoted and cited many times. In more recent years, 50K has been referenced.

I remember the same - 55,000.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Pre-construction and during construction, I distinctly remember 55K being quoted and cited many times. In more recent years, 50K has been referenced.
I took a tour before The Rent opened. Back then, they were saying seats could be added on all three non-club section sides to get us to 55K.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Put another level of stands on UConn's side of the stadium (opposite Suites). Put some bleachers on end zone with student section. Create an open air bar on the end zone opened towards Hartford. 500-750 "tickets" issued. No permanent seating, just bar height tables.
15,000 extra people per game with only one concourse to be built. Done in 10 months.

I screwed up with the student section end zone. It already has a second concourse. It just needs another 8-10 rows so that is even with two corners of the end zone.

upload_2016-2-15_21-15-51.png

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A good image to see how another concourse would look on the UConn bench side of the field and how you could put an open air standing room only bar in the scoreboard end zone.

upload_2016-2-15_21-18-48.png

Reaction Score
Reduced from 55k in early designs to compensate for the increased size of the average american body in 15+ years ;)
Hah, never been to home games in sections of Michigan, Penn State, Bama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, and many other big 1-A schools? They squeeze 'em in with the best, or the worst, of 'em!

Reaction Score
Hah, never been to home games in sections of Michigan, Penn State, Bama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, and many other big 1-A schools? They squeeze 'em in with the best, or the worst, of 'em!

Michigan lost a lot of seats a few years ago due to widening of some aisles, and... fatter people.

This happened during and just after the major renovation and suite expansion so it was a modest net gain that was slightly offset by a small loss when all was said and done.

Reaction Score
May stand correction Seaa Blue regarding some sections, but this reasonable-size adult found allotted seat space to be less than reasonable and neither excessively fat people nor extra #s of people appeared in the rows compared with neighboring rows. Respectfully, Mixhigan alum friends and I were not in the high rent district and they confirmed too many people are inserted by some sections' ticket sales - still enjoyed the games.

Reaction Score
Daniel Figurelli ‏@FigurelliSports · Feb 14
Take this with a grain of salt (seriously), but I was just told that the U. of Cincinnati has accepted a Big12 invite as of 2 weeks ago.

Timothy Hinds‏@Timhinds4
@FigurelliSports what area of the country does your sources come from?

Daniel Figurelli ‏@FigurelliSports · 13h13 hours ago
Right here in Houston

Chris Prime‏@ChrisPrime17
@FigurelliSports They were just talking about this today on the radio(790). Hopefully, UH is the other.

I've said it time and time again, from what I was directly told from certain UH personnel, we will be in P5.

Daniel Figurelli ‏@FigurelliSports · 15h15 hours ago
For the many asking, I have not heard hardly anything about UCONN being on lock for the Big12. Not saying it's not true, but I'm skeptical.

noeynox‏@noeynox2
@FigurelliSports so hardly anything means you've heard SOMETHING, right?

Daniel Figurelli ‏@FigurelliSports · 14h14 hours ago
Yes.

Daniel Figurelli ‏@FigurelliSports · 9h9 hours ago
Boiled down to the fact that UCONN is a great academics school in a great location...and that's about all

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Take this with a grain of salt (seriously), but I was just told that the U. of Cincinnati has accepted a Big12 invite as of 2 weeks ago.

Timothy Hinds‏@Timhinds4
@FigurelliSports what area of the country does your sources come from?

Daniel Figurelli ‏@FigurelliSports · 13h13 hours ago
Right here in Houston

Chris Prime‏@ChrisPrime17
@FigurelliSports They were just talking about this today on the radio(790). Hopefully, UH is the other.

I've said it time and time again, from what I was directly told from certain UH personnel, we will be in P5.

Daniel Figurelli ‏@FigurelliSports · 15h15 hours ago
For the many asking, I have not heard hardly anything about UCONN being on lock for the Big12. Not saying it's not true, but I'm skeptical.

noeynox‏@noeynox2
@FigurelliSports so hardly anything means you've heard SOMETHING, right?

Daniel Figurelli ‏@FigurelliSports · 14h14 hours ago
Yes.

Daniel Figurelli ‏@FigurelliSports · 9h9 hours ago
Boiled down to the fact that UCONN is a great academics school in a great location...and that's about all

Isn't that kind of our value? Along with elite basketball and Olympic sports? He's seen the light!!!!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Isn't that kind of our value? Along with elite basketball and Olympic sports? He's seen the light!!!!

If these imbeciles make decisions based on current football performance, they deserve to suffer. There is no more stupid metric. UConn's football potential, as a flagship with really no local competition, is much higher than any of these schools.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If these imbeciles make decisions based on current football performance, they deserve to suffer. There is no more stupid metric. UConn's football potential, as a flagship with really no local competition, is much higher than any of these schools.
It just goes to show you how important last season's 6-6 regular season finish was. The timing of it was impeccable. Thank you Coach Diaco.

MattMang23

Reaction Score

That nutsack kick already occurred 3.5 years ago.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
What's it tell you that UCF was the front-runner to be No. 11 for 3 years, and now after a 1st round QB graduating, coaching change, and 0-12 season, they are lucky to be mentioned as an after thought for No. 14?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That nutsack kick already occurred 3.5 years ago.

Louisville was bad...because the academics suck and their market sucks...but they had the athletic department budget of a P5. UConn does too. Nobody else does. Losing out to one of these remaining basket-cases would be much more painful. More like having your member and Senor Testiculo(s) beheaded by ISIS than a mere kick.

I am comforted only by the fact that the idiocy being displayed by those who don't have UConn at the top of the list is just that. Uninformed stupidity.

Reaction Score
What's it tell you that UCF was the front-runner to be No. 11 for 3 years, and now after a 1st round QB graduating, coaching change, and 0-12 season, they are lucky to be mentioned as an after thought for No. 14?
Memphis too. Haven't heard much at all about them since Fuente left.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Beating Houston probably was a good thing too. I mean really how good could Houston football be... UConn in a rebuilding year trumps Houston in their best year. :D

As far as funding for expanding the Rent goes... I wouldn't worry about it, if our entrance to a P5 is contingent on expansion of the Rent... I think the money would come pouring in.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I wouldn't worry about it, if our entrance to a P5 is contingent on expansion of the Rent... I think the money would come pouring in.
I got 5 on it.

Reaction Score
Beating Houston probably was a good thing too. I mean really how good could Houston football be... UConn in a rebuilding year trumps Houston in their best year. :D

As far as funding for expanding the Rent goes... I wouldn't worry about it, if our entrance to a P5 is contingent on expansion of the Rent... I think the money would come pouring in.

Errr, but Uconn beat Louisville last go round as well.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Errr, but Uconn beat Louisville last go round as well.

We all know the reason Louisville was taken had nothing to do with on the field football... it was because of Warde and doughnut margaritas... and because Louisville was the #1 college basketball market! ;)

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Louisville was bad...because the academics suck and their market sucks...but they had the athletic department budget of a P5. UConn does too. Nobody else does. Losing out to one of these remaining basket-cases would be much more painful. More like having your member and Senor Testiculo(s) beheaded by ISIS than a mere kick.

I am comforted only by the fact that the idiocy being displayed by those who don't have UConn at the top of the list is just that. Uninformed stupidity.

I still haven't gotten over that kick delivered by our "friends" in the ACC and the CCL (Community College of Louisville). If we lose out to the CCH, CCSF, CCCF or God be dammed the CCM for the last train out I will never get over it. I at least respect Cincy even though we are clearly a better candidate by all metrics except distance to Morgantown.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom