Non-Key Tweets | Page 414 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Julie Hermann, Rick Pitino and Bobby Petrino... Imagine that PR all star line-up for L'Ville athletics! Maybe they could talk to Barry Bonds about coaching baseball and complete the Mt. Rushmore of scum bags.

Honestly, that would be too good to be true. The NCAA will probably have to open a satellite office on Louisville's campus to investigate the daily infractions and criminal activity.

Reaction Score
Someone called WTIC 1080 yesterday talking about the absolute disaster that is BC and how it makes no sense for it to be in a power conference while UCONN is far more deserving. It had to be a Boneyarder.
What was WTIC response ?

Reaction Score
Someone called WTIC 1080 yesterday talking about the absolute disaster that is BC and how it makes no sense for it to be in a power conference while UCONN is far more deserving. It had to be a Boneyarder.
At some point conferences are going to have to kick out members that don't pull their weight. If they are reluctant to add members because they do not want to divide the pie any further, but want the pie to get bigger, they're going to have to consider swapping one member for one that brings in more money.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
At some point conferences are going to have to kick out members that don't pull their weight. If they are reluctant to add members because they do not want to divide the pie any further, but want the pie to get bigger, they're going to have to consider swapping one member for one that brings in more money.
BC and Wake are never getting kicked out of the ACC

Reaction Score
One of the big reasons I have trouble believing only the B12 or only the ACC will survive is the dead weight both conferences carry. It would make much more sense for the ACC and B12 All Stars to form a new conference and leave behind lightweights. I'm not picking on Wake or K State etc. but between the issues of having small market schools, over saturation of markets and resulting network challenges, it seems a new conference makes more sense.

Reaction Score
Welp Temple has beat us 4 straight times in hoops and without looking probably 7/10 times in football. Invite them to all 3 conferences were begging to get into instead.

Reaction Score
Wake is currently fairly mediocre in football...but...they have won an ACC football Chanpionship (2006). And the last two times that they played UConn, they won by double digits, including 2007 when UConn shared the Big East title with WVU.

Replacing Wake with UConn for football does not appear to add anything to the quality of the football match ups.

Cable boxes, yes.

Reaction Score
Wake is currently fairly mediocre in football...but...they have won an ACC football Chanpionship (2006). And the last two times that they played UConn, they won by double digits, including 2007 when UConn shared the Big East title with WVU.

Replacing Wake with UConn for football does not appear to add anything to the quality of the football match ups.

Cable boxes, yes.

That's like saying Florida State generally sucks at basketball from our viewpoint, so they wouldn't really add anything to the AAC if we swapped them out for ECU.

Wake is like BC. They are there, but nobody really knows it. You are tone deaf to what UConn is and can be. The state is all UConn all the time and shares it with no one. Tallahassee is more divided between Gators and Noles than CT is divided UConn and anyone else. The whole state worships the UConn. In 2007 UConn was 6 years into BCS football.

Reaction Score
I am probably tone deaf to basketball...you are probably correct. It's obvious, after last night at Cuse, that FSU just isn't a basketball school.

We are probably tone deaf to basketball just like the Big Ten is tone deaf to baseball....I guess it must be 30 years since a Big Ten team played in the World Series. And baseball is important in the southern ACC.

But...maybe things will look up in basketball...FSU did bring in a top 10 class in BB this year...sigh!

But then again, Coach Hamilton always does less with more.

Reaction Score
I am probably tone deaf to basketball...you are probably correct. It's obvious, after last night at Cuse, that FSU just isn't a basketball school.

We are probably tone deaf to basketball just like the Big Ten is tone deaf to baseball....I guess it must be 30 years since a Big Ten team played in the World Series. And baseball is important in the southern ACC.

But...maybe things will look up in basketball...FSU did bring in a top 10 class in BB this year...sigh!

But then again, Coach Hamilton always does less with more.

WTF are you talking about? The comparison was FSU Basketball to UCONN Football. What does Big 10 Baseball have to do with anything?

Reaction Score
My previous post says that is it is awaiting moderator approval. Is this something new?

pj

Reaction Score
My previous post says that is it is awaiting moderator approval. Is this something new?

Did your post have a questionable picture in it? Billybud in his underwear perhaps?

Reaction Score
I think Fishy wants some sort of tribute sent his way (to show your approval).

I see how it is. I'll make sure to personally hand him one of these at my tailgate when UCONN visits State College as a member of The B1G.

Reaction Score
Did your post have a questionable picture in it? Billybud in his underwear perhaps?

Nah. I keep those for my private collection. Honestly I'm not sure what was objectionable. Maybe WT*?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom