Non-Key Tweets | Page 348 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
FIFY.

Maybe...But it also may be naive to think that the Big Ten's added sanctions did not anger PSU football fans. Two years ago, the Big Ten had in place sanctions against PSU...to include no sharing in bowl revenue for 4 years and a 4 year ban from a conference championship game.

Reaction Score
Total BS, my father voted for PSU as an AP voter for the St. Paul Pioneer Press & Dispatch. In fact the Midwest may have given PSU more votes than any other region - though not much. Even the Upper East Coast went overwhelmingly for Nebraska.

Nebraska was the sentimental favorite for years because Osbourne had so many close losses and they got hosed against PSU during the season PSU won it all, I believe 82. PSU had already won 2 NCs under Paterno before Osbourne got his first.

The 94 PSU team was great, but they barely squeaked by Indiana and Illinois that season.

The country, again, went overwhelmingly for PSU.

Stop reading PSU threads, they're dominated by old timers who can't accept how mediocre the program became towards Jo Pa's twilight where he utterly lost control of the program - was way too old to coach. If you monitored BWI Illustrated over the last 4 years of Jo Pa's career, the vast majority of the mostly terrible human beings on that website wanted Jo Pa gone, but then did a 180 when PSU lost control of their program & got what they deserved, but recaptured their wins due to legal mistakes by the NCAA.

Bottom line: PSU got watered down in the BIG because they simply can't beat the likes of Michigan and OSU in the big games, so the old timer Jo Bots blame the refs. They are hardly the core of that fanbase. Heck, PSU hardly has winning record against Minnesota in BIG play.

It's been argued that Barry Alvarez was concerned about losing PSU to the ACC, but he was knee jerking to threads and message boards via misinformation and he's far from the commissioner of the league.

But to be honest with you, I could care less of PSU leaves - there are too many whiners in that fanbase. Their wrestling and volleyball programs would fall apart in the ACC, they've won 11 titles over the past decade in these sports in large part because of BIG membership. Their recruiting base would crumble in these two sports with an ACC membership. They've never proven to be a good basketball school capable of capturing a rich stock of Pa hoops talent - so they'd just cellar dwell in ACC hoops.

I dare say if PSU bolts to the ACC, then a program like Rutgers, Jersey having better hs talent than PA now, could rise under the right coach.

Lastly, PSU can't complain about having a Midwestern feel anymore, Rutgers and Maryland, along with OSU give the program 3 border state programs. Moreover, PSU idiots often complain about the Rust Belt, when in fact PA is very Rusty - historically speaking.

So full of BS.

There are literally photos of TEs standing straight up with the balls at their feet, called completions. With instant replay, never would have happened. Late game penalties for too much noise!!!

Reaction Score
So full of BS.

There are literally photos of TEs standing straight up with the balls at their feet, called completions. With instant replay, never would have happened. Late game penalties for too much noise!!!

Total B1G Homer mentality. Completely brainwashed to accept his forever seat at the table of The Little 8. I'm sure we imagined the voters in Ohio who dropped PSU behind Nebraska in The AP Poll the week after PSU hung 63 on The Bucks in Happy Valley.

I guess we imagined Hartsock's Bouncing Completion, Tony Johnson's 2 Feet on green grass OOB call that lead to replay in the conference, the extra 2 seconds at UM in 05, the TD/fumble at UNL, Von Bell's ridiculous trapped INT, OSU getting three extra seconds to kick a field goal after the play clock expired in the same game. The greatest of all time however were the penalties in the 93 Michigan Game for excessive crowd noise. PSU was literally penalized for its crowd making too much noise. You can't make that shitt up. I'm sure GFunk will tell you that this didn't happen either, but it did because I was there.:mad:

I did enjoy his dig about PSU Sports falling apart should we leave the conference. I mean our AD is clearly a hot mess ala Rutgers. If anything we have elevated the overall quality of athletics across multiple sports since our inclusion in his little club. Much like UCONN we have had to fight against the established "blue bloods" to carve out our slice of history. The fact that we have won more total team National Championships over the last 10 years than the majority of B1G Teams combined just burns up plenty of the conference's old guard. I mean if we were to go to The ACC, our AD would implode. How would we ever land any athletes? Oh wait the overwhelming majority of these athletes come from ACC Country? Yeah I think we'd be just fine. That said we'll still make an exception to steal Minnesota's best athletes like we did with #1 P4P Wrestler Mark Hall.

Reaction Score
popcorn-blank.gif

Reaction Score
Maybe...But it also may be naive to think that the Big Ten's added sanctions did not anger PSU football fans. Two years ago, the Big Ten had in place sanctions against PSU...to include no sharing in bowl revenue for 4 years and a 4 year ban from a conference championship game.

On one hand it did feel a bit like a piling on, but that's not really what angered so many fans. It was the fact that The B1G did not penalize OSU, who was also under NCAA Sanctions at the time, in the same manner. They continued to receive their full bowl pay out, which totaled millions of dollars, despite not being able to contribute to the pot.

Another truly disturbing situation was that The MSU President, a member of the infractions committee, consistently beat the sanctions drum louder than anyone not named Mark Emmert. If ever there was a direct conflict of interest this was it. This would be akin to BC or Syracuse's President having sway over penalties in a UCONN NCAA Case. No Bueno.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 8h8 hours ago
BTM has some info....B10 perception Oklahoma and Texas have never been further apart in their relationship and vision. B10 perception

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 8h8 hours ago
B10 perception: B12 has about 60 days to secure Oklahoma's future in the B12 beyond 2025. Oklahoma & Texas relationship has torn apart

Why is this B10 perception? Because Sooners outside of Okkahoma current Admin is baking sure B10 knows this...just like in April.

The gap has widen between Okkahoma & Texas last 2 months. Boren has working majority on expansion but Texas won't expand B12 exposure-B12N

Oklahoma and Texas have always talked...even during 2010 closely. Not now. Both entrenched with 2 different visions. OU not staying silent

Again...this B10 perception is being fueld by gossip/info from Sooners (not OU Admin) communicating in unison with B10 Admins. It's real

B12 has 60 days to act. To reform itself. Bowlsby knows this...Gee knows this...Starr knows this. Texas giving middle finger to OU.

What's at stake? If no expansion..if no working B12N...even if it's limited in content by 2017...OU discontinues trying to save B12

OU will continue to be a member of B12 if no "Reform" until 2025. But if no reform happens OU will work on viable 2026 alternatives.

OU wants their own "100 year decision" 1) either B12 reform= Expansion + B12N (even if it's limited) 2) 100 year decision w SEC/B1G in 2026

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 8h8 hours ago North Kansas City, MO
@flugempire explain - 60 days.

@pfac51 by end of FEB B12 needs plans in place for expansion + Future plans seriously talked about for limited B12N...

Oklahoma wants to make their own "100 year decision" Oklahoma has let everyone know this...Texas...OK ST...Kansas...SEC/B1G....everyone.

BTM communicated all of this last Spring right before Boren came out in public with his statements..and now BTM has received same info again

You should expect Boren to double down again in public after JAN Deregulation vote. Expect it..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 7h7 hours ago
OU commitment on enlarging their Exposure/Pond in which they will live in Academically/Reseach/Athletics goes beyond Boren's tenure.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 7h7 hours ago
The needs and wants of the University of Texas and needs and wants of Oklahoma University in future years are not the same in any measure

Oklahoma wants to "Nationalize" their brand and their opportunities while Texas wants status of B12 to remain the same.

Population/Resource differences is one root cause of the widening gap between visions of Oklahoma University and University of Texas.

The Sooner - Longhorn widening gap in vision for future is real.

Chad Rice ‏@chad_rice 7h7 hours ago
@flugempire IMO, UT has a mega platform for everything it wants to do. OU is pushing to get there and believes UT is keeping a thumb on them

@chad_rice Good way of putting it...yes

Reaction Score
Russell Evans ‏@rssll5 7h7 hours ago Katy, TX
@flugempire I'd expect that UT might try and "call the OU bluff" to avoid expansion and see if they can mend fences w/ OU by 2026

@rssll5 Could be happening. OU will have options in 2026...and will work on that starting years before end game of 2026.

Aaron ‏@posas13 6h6 hours ago
@flugempire @rssll5 what would a buyout cost for remaining 9 years?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
@posas13 @rssll5 Buyouts not possible. OU world will change in 2026 if B12 does not reform after meeting late JAN/FEB.

Andy smith ‏@Doctor_alesmith 4h4 hours ago Minnesota, USA
@flugempire @posas13 you can not buy out but I would love to see the court battle of a conference essentially tries to bankrupt a school

BostonCoug ‏@BostonCoug 7h7 hours ago
@flugempire that conference is such a cluster. What other conference fights things out publicly. I blame Texas

@BostonCoug The relationships between tOSU/MICH...UCLA/USC/STAN...ALA/LSU/AUB/UGA/FLA....UNC/DUKE/FSU are tense at times..but not like this

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
Been asked great question. Why would no movement on B12 expansion and no move toward a planned limited but real B12N in next 60 days keep...

...OU in place for 9 years? 1) OU realizes that there will be no better storm of issues that would spur B12 reform in next decade vs 2016/17

2) Big 12 GOR is real. Oklahoma not going to tangle with the Grants of Rights issue...won't even talk directly with SEC/B1G/PAC = violation

Paul Hornstein ‏@pfh1964 58m58 minutes ago
@flugempire Direct talk, no. But that's just semantics.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 56m56 minutes ago
@pfh1964 Correct. Indirect talks going on constantly. But no direct talks.

Paul Hornstein ‏@pfh1964 55m55 minutes ago
@flugempire I, honestly, don't think it will be that long. I think they force that elephant in the room to or get off the pot.

But for this reason, and others, Boren elected to talk last Spring in public...and will again in Mid-Late JAN on B12 needing to move forward

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 59m59 minutes ago
I understand there are many who believe OU is not serious about a reformed expanded Big 12 or else they will bolt. You will be reminded

There are "Sooner People" outside of Admin that is communicating to others in B12...it's time to expand footprint and cast off disadvantages

And same "Sooner People" are communicating outside of B12 with same message. Listen to Bowlsby's public words. He knows....he knows.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 58m58 minutes ago
In a little more than 3 weeks Oklahoma will make its voice heard again. B10 perceptions on this comes from volumes of chatter..not 1 voice.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 57m57 minutes ago
We will talk about this again in 3 weeks.

Michael Littman ‏@MichaelLittman 1h1 hour ago Kentucky, USA
@flugempire remind me why Cincinnati and Houston aren't automatic.

@MichaelLittman As of now...according to B10 perceptions on where B12 stands before Deregulation vote UC & UH not automatic..

@MichaelLittman ...however they are 2 of 3 leading candidates. As of now...and it's been this way since October

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 39m39 minutes ago
There are reasons we were able to notify you all B12 Wrestling Expansion long before it happened..why we described Boren frustrations...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 39m39 minutes ago
...right before Boren made it public in Spring. Same voices...same reasons why Boren will speak again with bold colors after Dereg vote.

Reaction Score
Luke Kingsley ‏@lukekingsley · 29m29 minutes ago
@flugempire What do you think of Pete Thamel's top 4 in his article?:
1) BYU
2) Cincinnati
3) UConn
4) Colorado State

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire @lukekingsley
Are info differs greatly. B10 perception is different. We shall see...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If you think like a normal human being or if you have access to a map showing major cities and television markets, you come up with UConn having more value than Boise or Cincy or a school located in a Utah desert.

Reaction Score
If you think like a normal human being or if you have access to a map showing major cities and television markets, you come up with UConn having more value than Boise or Cincy or a school located in a Utah desert.

The only map that Big 12 Presidents have been given to use by Bowlsby for conference realignment purposes is printed on a place mat depicting all the locations of Ponderosa Steakhouses in the state of Texas.

Reaction Score
Luke Kingsley ‏@lukekingsley · 29m29 minutes ago
@flugempire What do you think of Pete Thamel's top 4 in his article?:
1) BYU
2) Cincinnati
3) UConn
4) Colorado State

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire @lukekingsley
Are info differs greatly. B10 perception is different. We shall see...
Two eastern two western good markets and fan bases that will show up big time for a major conference

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Strange perhaps, but Tramel's take on UCONN reflects a simple lack of knowledge regarding the university's academic status and massive advancement in recent decades. Unfortunately, Tramel's not alone nationally and the same applies to a lesser extent regarding Connecticut's large NY market and New Haven/Hartford internet and TV eyes.

I've been saying that on this board for years. UConn is not perceived nationally they way most of you think it is. It's looked at more like a glorified version of U Maine or UNH, a small public school in nowhereville, by the average college football fan. If not for basketball success we'd be nearly unknown.

You can gripe about BC all you want...but the average college football fan in Texas knows Doug Flutie and BC has some history. We needed to start D1 football at least a decade earlier and we are paying for that still.

Reaction Score
Population: Texas 26+ million and growing about 6% per year. Oklahoma < 4 million, growing but by only 3% or so;
Academics: UT very well respected with huge research dollar$ supported by massive endowment. OU: not as impressive.
Beyond UT's big stick up its' arse, any wonder why OU's motivated for changes?

Reaction Score
Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel · Dec 27
A long look at the Big 12's future. Will they expand? Will they have a title game? Who would they add? http://www.campusrush.com/big-12-conference-questions-future-expansion-1528668401.html

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 10h10 hours ago
@SIPeteThamel I was told flatly BYU was out. Otherwise good stuff.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 9h9 hours ago
@pfac51 Despite logic & metrics I think BYU & Memphis lost their HCs after being told they were out.

@SIPeteThamel's article on Big 12 expansion is nearly exactly what I've been able to find out except for the BYU/UH swap.

Clearly UH was going to be a hard sell to the Big 12 for the reasons Thamel & I have cited.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV The difference being Starr's belief that UH is another anchor tying UT to the Big 12 & perhaps OU's motivation to stick it to UT.

UC is a certainty. A partner was promised to WVU & UC is the closest to Morgantown.

Ultimately UH's Big 12 hopes rest on Jim Abbott's willingness to force UT & TT to vote yes.

@pfac51 Hou is overly saturated. UH people are rightly proud of their TV numbers this year. The problem is what about 5, 10, 20 year avgs?

But since we're talking about the Big 12 don't be surprised if that 12th spot isn't open again if Abbott refuses to act.

UCF has impressed with the Frost hire & Fla is still Fla.

Memphis has the financial backing & a top 10 football viewing market.

UCONN would provide the NY market if a B12N ever comes about.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5h5 hours ago
@Orey222 Something I've learned: political ties matter much, much more than fans want to believe or a sane person finds reasonable.

@BrianEaton3 @pfac51 Nobody is adding Houston without political interference. The metrics don't justify it.

@BrianEaton3 @pfac51 ACC? No way... The possibility UH gets a look from a P5 conf other than B12 is 0.0%.

@pfac51 @BrianEaton3 That's why UH is fighting dirty for B12 membership. They have no other options.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV A subtext in Thamel's story also corroborates something I've said: UT & OU are committed to the Big 12.

Mountaineer Steve‏@Mountaineer_Ste @theDudeofWV I hope you are correct, but I see nothing in Thamel's story overtly or covertly that OU is commited to #BIG12

@Mountaineer_Ste Read it again. See the stuff about UT. OU is running the show now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom