New uniforms will be unveiled this Thursday @ Gampel at 1:30 | The Boneyard

New uniforms will be unveiled this Thursday @ Gampel at 1:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Almost expect the whole "all-white logo" crowd to be there with picket signs.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Tuesday - Basketball Development Facility Groundbreaking
Thursday - New athletic uniforms unveiled
Saturday - Blue/White Scimmmage

Well orchestrated week to keep the UConn brand in the news.
Were does Sat tailgate fit into schedule.

Reaction Score
Rumor is the new uniforms will be tan and beige. According to Kyle Muncey blue and while are too common and don't fit with the new rebranding. "We want colors that go with anything," Muncey said.According to the UnConn spokesman "We'll be travelling all over hell and creation for this new conference. We can't even remember who's in and who's out. At least these uniforms won't clash, no matter who we play. Besides, blue and while are too common." When asked why Nike was moving the school away form 100 years of tradition with the new uniforms, Muncey responed, "Tradition? We don't care about no stinkin' tradition."

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Open to public and also live on web per Kyle Muncy.

I only care what the players think about the uniforms.

If they like them, I like them.

They are the ones wearing them and if having a uniform they like helps us with one recruit, its a success.

Face it, fans don't care about logos or uniforms. They care about wins.

Reaction Score
Ok anyone want to predict what these will look like? My guess is as follows:
3 shirts-blue with with numerals outlined in red, While with blue outlined in red, and red with blue outlined in while. All shirts will have a small Donald the toupee dog woven into the shoulder and UCONN in unreadably samll letters on the front/sleeve. They'd like to do a black but when your colors are such a dark blue it doesn't really come off as dramatic enough for Nike.
3 Pants: White, blue, grey. All will say Huskies down the side in lieu of stripes. Might say UConn on 1 leg & Huskies on the other. In any case they will be the new style and red trimmed blue.
3 Helmets-Blue, White, red. All will say UConn in the new style. blue outlined in red.
That's my guess. Any others?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
3 shirts-blue with with numerals outlined in red, While with blue outlined in red, and red with blue outlined in while. All shirts will have a small Donald the toupee dog woven into the shoulder and UCONN in unreadably samll letters on the front/sleeve. They'd like to do a black but when your colors are such a dark blue it doesn't really come off as dramatic enough for Nike.
3 Pants: White, blue, grey. All will say Huskies down the side in lieu of stripes. Might say UConn on 1 leg & Huskies on the other. In any case they will be the new style and red trimmed blue.
3 Helmets-Blue, White, red. All will say UConn in the new style. blue outlined in red.

"Donald the toupee dog" lol

Pretty close. I can't wait to see them.

FWIW, I'm not sure about the red jersey, but one of the Nike teams that did a reveal had a red alternate. I don't know that it is right for us, and the traditionalistas will scream bloody murder about it, but it does seem like it is contemplated if you look at the colors on the wordmark sheet.

Reaction Score
"Donald the toupee dog" lol

Pretty close. I can't wait to see them.

FWIW, I'm not sure about the red jersey, but one of the Nike teams that did a reveal had a red alternate. I don't know that it is right for us, and the traditionalistas will scream bloody murder about it, but it does seem like it is contemplated if you look at the colors on the wordmark sheet.
Nike has been pushing teams to use "non-traditonal" colors for special games, UNC has a thursday night game coming up in all black (Zero Dark Thursday...its true, gag!), but black doesn't work with our dark blues which seem like they might be getting even darker this year. So that leaves red as the most likely option in my mind.

Reaction Score
I would really like the alternate to be a flat gray (ala air force), or something like that. Im not sure about a red, but no one will be sure about anything until we see what we got.

I need all new clothing now. Everything i own is officially a "throwback" lol

Reaction Score
Expanded Rent Wednesday.

New Civic Center Thursday

Saturday a new hockey arena.

Monday a new baseball field

Tuesday upgrade Morrone

What else is on the to-do list?
Get people to the games.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think you're probably really close. I think the Husky logo will be on the shoulder, al la Cal and it's Bear logo. As for the third jersey, Black with a white helmet would be cool but I agree, black is too close to our Blue so I can see them going with a red. I'm curious what font they'll choose for the numbers. I think the pants will say Huskies OR UConn....can't see one on one and the other on the other.

I hope the helmets have the logo and not UConn written on them. I think that'd be cooler but who knows.

As for the grey, ugh....it's such a drab color and I really hope it stays as far away from our unis as possible.

What pant color would go with the Red uni? Blue pants?

Overall, I'm excited for the new unis. It's time we're adding a third jersey. Even if some fans don't like it, recruits do and they're the ones that win football games and make the fans happy!

Reaction Score
Where did this need to incorperate red into UConn's colors of national flag blue and white come from?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Almost expect the whole "all-white logo" crowd to be there with picket signs.

Maybe, Bugsy, maybe... Let me get my bedsheets and spray paint.

"Keep Jonathan white and GDL outta sight."
0r: Hey Hey Hot Ho, Pasqualoni has gotta go"
Or.. "The dog can be blue if the Wildcat's through."

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
"The dog can be blue if the Wildcat's through."
I'd agree with this one! God I hope we don't see the Wildcat this fall!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I would really like the alternate to be a flat gray (ala air force), or something like that. Im not sure about a red, but no one will be sure about anything until we see what we got.

I need all new clothing now. Everything i own is officially a "throwback" lol
I am on board with the flat grey. I like these WVU helmets:
13.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members