New uniforms will be unveiled this Thursday @ Gampel at 1:30 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New uniforms will be unveiled this Thursday @ Gampel at 1:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I guess I might be in the minority here, I'd rather see the new Husky logo on the helmets rather than "UCONN". I like the block font, and I'm in the all-white-Jonathan camp, but I still think the logo would look better on the helmet. Put "UCONN" on the jersey or on the pants, but not the helmet.

Reaction Score
I guess I might be in the minority here, I'd rather see the new Husky logo on the helmets rather than "UCONN". I like the block font, and I'm in the all-white-Jonathan camp, but I still think the logo would look better on the helmet. Put "UCONN" on the jersey or on the pants, but not the helmet.

This. I'm envisioning a helmet similar to the conceptual one that's been going around. If they put the husky head on the helmet, it needs to be huge/large enough to take up the whole side.

No offense to Santini at all, but the problem with his mock-up is with a husky head logo that small on a white helmet, it looks like something you'd create in NCAA College Football 14.

Reaction Score
I obvioulsy don't like the logo. It both ignores tradition and is poorly done on top of that, so I don't want it on the helmet. Besides that, I think logos on the helmet are more NFL than college. School names or symbols are more college football. Obviously there are many exceptions, but i think with the effort to rebrand everything as UCONN, we'll see that, not Donald. I prefer blue helmets but we'll probably have at least 2.

Reaction Score
Expect to be underwhelmed. I understand 2014 is the year for complete new unis.

Reaction Score
Expect to be underwhelmed. I understand 2014 is the year for complete new unis.

Do you mind citing where you're hearing this or what sources you're basing this off of?

Reaction Score
I understand there will be representatives from each team there to model the uniform... Football, Basketball x2, baseball, hockey, etc...

Reaction Score
Expect to be underwhelmed.
With the current crew in charge, I always expect to be underwhelmed. I remain ever hopeful, but I temper my expectations. To date they have not been exceeded.

Reaction Score
Do you mind citing where you're hearing this or what sources you're basing this off of?
Well placed source in the AD. Told this person that they might want to get out in front of that message 'cause the Boneyard is expecting a big splash tomorrow...matte helmets, alternate jerseys etc.

Reaction Score
Well placed source in the AD. Told this person that they might want to get out in front of that message 'cause the Boneyard is expecting a big splash tomorrow...matte helmets, alternate jerseys etc.
A bit late to "get out in front" of it now, no? But the gang who couldn't shoot straight strikes again. We'll probably end up with puce and burnt umber because they didn't realize the colors were blue & white...

Reaction Score
A bit late to "get out in front" of it now, no? But the gang who couldn't shoot straight strikes again. We'll probably end up with puce and burnt umber because they didn't realize the colors were blue & white...
Well it is the UConn AD.

Reaction Score

Hoping its more under-promise/over-deliver instead...

Reaction Score
Just lower your expectations to rock-bottom. That'll increase your chances of being pleasantly surprised.

In the end, they're only uniforms. Everybody's gonna have their opinions on them. But if potential new recruits like them, that's what matters.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
From a BB board thread:
I thought the original press release for the new logo last week said new uniforms wouldn't be out until the Fall? Was that only for football?

EDIT: nevermind....

The University of Connecticut will host a media opportunity with Director of Athletics Warde Manuel on Thursday, April 18, 2013 as UConn formally introduces its new “graphic identity” program for athletics.
For the public, the new UConn graphics also will be debuted on Thursday at 1:30 p.m. in Gampel Pavilion. That event will feature UConn student-athletes wearing new uniforms and apparel and the new UConn football helmet design will be unveiled.
Athletes who will model UConn’s new look include:

Representing Baseball, Connor David; Men’s Basketball, Shabazz Napier; Women’s Basketball, Bria Hartley and Kelly Faris; Men’s Hockey, Brant Harris; Field Hockey, Alicia Angelini; Football, Lyle McCombs and Yawin Smallwood; Men’s Soccer, Andre Blake and Mamadou Doudou Diouf; Women’s Soccer, Andrea Plucenik; Softball, Dana Hughes; and representingVolleyball, Marissa Prinzbach.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Just lower your expectations to rock-bottom. That'll increase your chances of being pleasantly surprised.

In the end, they're only uniforms. Everybody's gonna have their opinions on them. But if potential new recruits like them, that's what matters.

That's actually why I didn't completely hate the logo change. I expected it to look like crap and instead it was just okay. I can live with just okay. I was never a huge fan of the happy husky look either... so I think that effects my opinion.

Reaction Score
As long as they get rid of that boring Block C on the helmet..and stick to the original school colors(Blue & White). The grey thing does not work for me nor does any red at all. If you need to trim or shadow numbers, names then use the grey there. Red..... too many of our rivals use variations of red.

Reaction Score
I never realized how much of a our old logo looked like until I saw the new one.

Seriously, the old one looks like a fat, happy go lucky dog. I never put much thought into it but I'd much rather have a sleek, somewhat meaner looking husky logo any day of the week.

I think we get at least one extra win per decade out of the new look. :cool:

Reaction Score
As long as they get rid of that boring Block C on the helmet..and stick to the original school colors(Blue & White). The grey thing does not work for me nor does any red at all. If you need to trim or shadow numbers, names then use the grey there. Red..... too many of our rivals use variations of red.

What a classless cheap shot at the beloved Block C. I love the Block C. Sad to see it go.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Sadly, I don't feel like we have rivals anymore though, let alone rivals that use red... Unless of course you consider Temple a rival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom