NCAA just killed the AAC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NCAA just killed the AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Comical. What makes you clowns think the BE wants you. Small, private, BB only, Catholic (we made an exception of the Lutherans at Butler), and of common mindset. The BE ship has sailed...and six of the ships just got into the tourney!

Reaction Score
If it's any consolation, I was next to Warde at the game on Friday and drunkly screamed "BIG TEN BOUND BABY!!!" and he gave me a nod and slight fist pump, call me crazy.... ;)

Serious?

Reaction Score
Name one good non-conference win for UCLA?

I agree, UCLA shouldn't have made the tournament. Every year there's going to be an argument over a couple of teams that get in and a couple that get left out. Bottom line is the AAC didn't get respect because the AAC didn't win enough games. UCLA probably got the benefit of the doubt because of their strength of schedule.

Everyone on here arguing that the AAC was disrespected just sounds salty.

Reaction Score
Comical. What makes you clowns think the BE wants you. Small, private, BB only, Catholic (we made an exception of the Lutherans at Butler), and of common mindset. The BE ship has sailed...and six of the ships just got into the tourney!
4 of our 'ships' are greater than 6 of your ships; figure that out, clown.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Listen putz, how many fans did Memphis send to the tourney in Hartford? We're arrogant? This is a step down for us in more ways than one. We were 98% of the fans at the games , got hosed on the ticket prices and have to share the $$$ with the rest of you who couldn'tbe bothered to show up. We got screwed, Temple got screwed. I used to think this conference could make it long term. Boy have I had a wake up call.

Good luck to Cincy. When we and/or Cincy, Usf and temple leave you will find out who was who according to a the contract. I am so pizzed off right now I can hardly think straight.

Ps I love this team.
You had me the moment you used putz!

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
The AAC screwed itself. If there is some kind of conspiracy the way the AAC performed only made it easier.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
It's not out of the question for UCONN, Temple, and Tulsa to be in the NIT semifinals. Maybe SMU can join us since they'll be free by then and we can replay the AAC tournament in Madison Square Garden.

Reaction Score
Have fun in CUSA!
There's one difference here - UConn can give this joke of a conference a try for a few more years and if it's still not working, the "Big East" would love to have us back. Not saying its a great option and it clearly kills foo
Talking about your conference affiliation is ALL you guys do...24/7/365

Are you happy to be in a conference where the league champ and #14 RPI gets a 6 seed, and #34 RPI gets left out?
Comical. What makes you clowns think the BE wants you. Small, private, BB only, Catholic (we made an exception of the Lutherans at Butler), and of common mindset. The BE ship has sailed...and six of the ships just got into the tourney![/QUOTE

And we have 4 'ships. Championships that is. I wish the NBE well, it is a nice fallback option and better for us if it's strong if we decide to join someday. Don't kid yourself, they'd take Uconn in a heartbeat - all we have to do is say the word.

Reaction Score
There's one difference here - UConn can give this joke of a conference a try for a few more years and if it's still not working, the "Big East" would love to have us back. Not saying its a great option and it clearly kills foo

Are you happy to be in a conference where the league champ and #14 RPI gets a 6 seed, and #34 RPI gets left out?

Yea, right after the Big10 comes knocking. You're delusional if you think UCONN has a snowball's chance in hell at joining the BE. If the BE expands, and that's a big IF, look to SLU or Dayton. Like the rest of the conference, small, bb only, Catholic, and...no interest in aligning with a large public institution who sold it's bb soul for it's crappy football program. Have you read about Icarus?

Reaction Score
Do most people just not follow the seeding outside of UConn?

It is not that they hate the AAC, the tournament committee has always always screwed over the non power conferences. They did all over the board this year with the A10 and MVC.

Their teams, like the AAC were woefully under seeded. They do this every year.

They also screw them over by having these teams play each other early to knock them out.

Been going on for years, it is not hate of the AAC, it is just a love of the power 5 and money/eye balls they bring.

Reaction Score
Yea, right after the Big10 comes knocking. You're delusional if you think UCONN has a snowball's chance in hell at joining the BE. If the BE expands, and that's a big IF, look to SLU or Dayton. Like the rest of the conference, small, bb only, Catholic, and...no interest in aligning with a large public institution who sold it's bb soul for it's crappy football program. Have you read about Icarus?

Because if UConn went back to the Big East, they'd represent more than half of the championships won by teams in the league. There's no question that UConn, back in the BE, is immediately the marquee name in that league.

Reaction Score
This screwing that UConn got by being left out in the cold with the dismantling of BE football is going to ultimately destroy both men's basketball and eventually women's hoops too once Geno leaves. We can thank our good corporate neighbor ESPN for turning its back on UConn.

Stop blaming this on UConn football. The program was on the rise doing much of what needed to be done to make it even more respectable. It should never have been left behind and I would urge 2 senators and 5 congress reps to make sure they do not support those who turned against us and to put their votes out there for a
The price of admission into a P5 conference.

Reaction Score
This screwing that UConn got by being left out in the cold with the dismantling of BE football is going to ultimately destroy both men's basketball and eventually women's hoops too once Geno leaves. We can thank our good corporate neighbor ESPN for turning its back on UConn.

Stop blaming this on UConn football. The program was on the rise doing much of what needed to be done to make it even more respectable. It should never have been left behind and I would urge 2 senators and 5 congress reps to make sure they do not support those who turned against us and to put their votes out there for a
The price of admission into a P5 conference.

Politicians getting involved in this sure didn't help the first time.

And you're wrong. If our football program was watchable, we'd already be in the ACC. Randy Edsall leaving after the Fiesta Bowl hurt us because our first choice replacement was already hired, and then Hathaway replacing him with human garbage sealed the deal.

Reaction Score
That's a good sign, Fatso has been losing his grip on reality for a while now. In the lead up to the Super Bowl he actually said he was offered an NFL coaching job, but turned it down because the unnamed team could not meet his salary demands.

I remember the last time I listened to Fatso on the radio...it was the eve of the 1989 college basketball season and that pompous blowhard took a call from Dave in CT. It went like this:

Fatso: Dave in CT, you're on the air.
Dave in CT: Hi Mike! Thanks for taking my call. First time caller, long time listener. Mike, how do you think UConn will do this year? I'll hang up and listen.
Fatso: Dave, here's all you need to know about UConn basketball...they're #1 basketball recruit throws a BASEBALL 95 MPH. Next caller!

The rest was, of course, history.

Reaction Score
Politicians getting involved in this sure didn't help the first time.

And you're wrong. If our football program was watchable, we'd already be in the ACC. Randy Edsall leaving after the Fiesta Bowl hurt us because our first choice replacement was already hired, and then Hathaway replacing him with human garbage sealed the deal.
Law suits didn't help. Pimping out votes may be a different story. Since UConn's loss in the Feista Bowl four other teams have also lost that game. Have they been punished.

I agree UConn has always played boring, 1950's football. They definitely need to enter the modern era with an exciting offense. They'd be fine if they were in the ACC where they could recruit the conference and bring in higher rated athletes.

Reaction Score
Want in to a P5 conference? Get behind the XLC retrofit plan, that's a significant piece to the P5 puzzle. Gampel is not an attractive venue to a P5 conference, plain and simple no matter how much people here drool over it. It's a glorified gymnasium.

2-3 years from now when the XLC retrofit begins and the football program is back on the upswing we will have a much stronger to be made.

Reaction Score
Because if UConn went back to the Big East, they'd represent more than half of the championships won by teams in the league. There's no question that UConn, back in the BE, is immediately the marquee name in that league.

That's why the Big10 and ACC are fighting as we speak about who get UCONN. Holy Cross won it all in '47 and CCNY in '50 but I don't see anyone clamoring to invite them into the conference. The fact is, Holy Cross probably has a better chance of joining the BE than UCONN...

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
That's why the Big10 and ACC are fighting as we speak about who get UCONN. Holy Cross won it all in '47 and CCNY in '50 but I don't see anyone clamoring to invite them into the conference. The fact is, Holy Cross probably has a better chance of joining the BE than UCONN...

That's the kind of foresight that made the real version of the BE crumble.

Reaction Score
Fahk you and the big east. We won it all 2014, and 2011, and 2004, and 1999. When's the last time anyone in your league did?

Reaction Score
I'm nervous about next year considering we will have to be flawless in order to even get a favorable seed out of this conference

Reaction Score
That's the kind of foresight that made the real version of the BE crumble.

Wrong. It was shortsightedness that caused the BE to crumble. The original BE was a regional BB conference. As soon as we started admitting the FB lunkheads and glamour programs, the league lost it's way and crumbled under the greed of FB money. The current BE has gotten back to its roots and you can bet your AAC ASS they won't make the same mistake twice.

Reaction Score
Want in to a P5 conference? Get behind the XLC retrofit plan, that's a significant piece to the P5 puzzle. Gampel is not an attractive venue to a P5 conference, plain and simple no matter how much people here drool over it. It's a glorified gymnasium.

2-3 years from now when the XLC retrofit begins and the football program is back on the upswing we will have a much stronger to be made.
Ugh are they really just going to go the renovation route? Cheap..

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Wrong. It was shortsightedness that caused the BE to crumble. The original BE was a regional BB conference. As soon as we started admitting the FB lunkheads and glamour programs, the league lost it's way and crumbled under the greed of FB money. The current BE has gotten back to its roots and you can bet your AAC ASS they won't make the same mistake twice.

Those football "lunkheads" are the ones who held the conference's basketball prestige up for 20 years, but nice try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom