NCAA just killed the AAC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA just killed the AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I see nothing wrong with playing Georgetown and Villanova again - lets crawl, beg, whatever

I really, really wish there was a way to go indy in football and move our other sports back to the BE. Even the current watered down version is better than what we have now, and the travel would be easier. I know it's next to impossible to schedule as an indy in football, but has every option been explored? How about if we offered schools 2 BB games for 1 FB game? An all you can eat day at the Dairy Bar for the whole team, anything.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
How about if we offered schools 2 BB games for 1 FB game? An all you can eat day at the Dairy Bar for the whole team, anything.

That would eventually result in either 16 regular season games being scheduled in a year or contracts for games in the year 2050.

Reaction Score
Mike Francessa stated last week on his radio show.
That Uconn has a ZERO chance of getting into the BIG 10 or any other power conference.
because football pays th bills and uconn's football program is Putrid.

we either stay in the aac and deal with it or junk football and crawl back to the big east.
Well if Mike Francessa says its true, it must be. UConn has better demo graphics that 75% of the p5 schools in terms of what matters - Media market size, income demographics and academic ranking. Francessa wouldn't know the difference between a $50.oo bill and a hotdog with extra relish on it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The NCAA didn't kill the AAC. The AAC killed the AAC. Outside of Temple beating KU, name the next best win an AAC team had in the non conference. I'll wait. Some of the teams in the AAC didn't have a single non-conference win against a P5 team. UConn only beat a sub-.500 Florida team. SMU's best non-AAC win was against a .500 Michigan team. Tulsa beat a sub-.500 and irrelevant Auburn team. Outside of Cincinnati the AAC won jack in the non-conference. The decision was easy for the committee and I can't say I disagree.

Reaction Score
Talking about your conference affiliation is ALL you guys do...24/7/365

Listen putz, how many fans did Memphis send to the tourney in Hartford? We're arrogant? This is a step down for us in more ways than one. We were 98% of the fans at the games , got hosed on the ticket prices and have to share the $$$ with the rest of you who couldn'tbe bothered to show up. We got screwed, Temple got screwed. I used to think this conference could make it long term. Boy have I had a wake up call.

Good luck to Cincy. When we and/or Cincy, Usf and temple leave you will find out who was who according to a the contract. I am so pizzed off right now I can hardly think straight.

Ps I love this team.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
23wpc8m.jpg

Number of Bids:

Big 12: 7
Big East: 6
ACC: 5
Big 10: 7
SEC: 5
A10: 3
American: 2
WCC: 2
Missouri Valley: 2

Its not rocket science.

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard from our comish?? Any AD's?

As someone who just spend several hundred dollars the last 4 nights at this league tournament I'm getting a little tired of the cowardly try not to offend anyone silence act when everyone knows what's going on.

They don't just snub deserving teams, or under seed our teams, they give them almost impossible draws so when they eventually lose they can say See Toldya so!

Reaction Score
That Uconn has a ZERO chance of getting into the BIG 10 or any other power conference.

we either stay in the aac and deal with it or junk football and crawl back to the big east.

That's a good sign, Fatso has been losing his grip on reality for a while now. In the lead up to the Super Bowl he actually said he was offered an NFL coaching job, but turned it down because the unnamed team could not meet his salary demands.

Reaction Score
Talking about your conference affiliation is ALL you guys do...24/7/365
Not true. We have a separate board for that kind of talk - "Conference Realignment" board. I agree with you, we talk too much , but we have won a few meaningful games in the past. Can you please tell your Memphis team and the other AAC teams to do the same going forward. TIA.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Being in the AAC will ruin UCONN. We need to get out ASAP. At this point, I hope we go back to the BE and take our football program to whatever conference is willing to have us. I am getting sick just thinking about what is happening to our basketball programs. We are rotting here and there is no way to sugarcoat it anymore.

Reaction Score
That's a good sign, Fatso has been losing his grip on reality for a while now. In the lead up to the Super Bowl he actually said he was offered an NFL coaching job, but turned it down because the unnamed team could not meet his salary demands.
I had to look this up

Reaction Score
The NCAA didn't kill the AAC. The AAC killed the AAC. Outside of Temple beating KU, name the next best win an AAC team had in the non conference. I'll wait. Some of the teams in the AAC didn't have a single non-conference win against a P5 team. UConn only beat a sub-.500 Florida team. SMU's best non-AAC win was against a .500 Michigan team. Tulsa beat a sub-.500 and irrelevant Auburn team. Outside of Cincinnati the AAC won jack in the non-conference. The decision was easy for the committee and I can't say I disagree.
Name one good non-conference win for UCLA?

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Being in the AAC will ruin UCONN. We need to get out ASAP. At this point, I hope we go back to the BE and take our football program to whatever conference is willing to have us. I am getting sick just thinking about what is happening to our basketball programs. We are rotting here and there is no way to sugarcoat it anymore.

What other conference is going to take our football team but not want our bball to come with it?

Reaction Score

mike francessa knows nothing about collegiate sports, he should stick to baseball and NFL

Reaction Score
Hey to be honest UConn had their shot at non conference teams but that last shot vs Texas, maybe UConn is in and Texas is out. Losing to Yale? That didn't help. Temple got screwed to be sure but losing to St. Joes and UNLV didn't help their cause. Over all the league needs to play and win a stronger non conference schedule. A couple games here and there and the AAC could have had 5 in instead of 2. You can blame the league all you want but UConn dug their own hole this year and believe me I'd love to see them playing Cuse, Pitt, BC, Virginia, Louisville and ND every year but that's not the reality of the situation now is it and won't be til there is a demand for their football program. Better luck next year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What other conference is going to take our football team but not want our bball to come with it?

We should just do a package deal with Temple to the BE and sign up for the MAC. Sunbelt is willing to take anyone. We can also go Indy. Having AAC hanging on our neck is killing us in so many ways. We need to get out before people completely forget we just won multiple national championships.

If we get Temple onboard to leave, perhaps AAC will let both of us stay as FB on lies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

It's not just the wins, it's the scheduling. As UCLA showed, you can lose to everybody if you have a tough OOC schedule and still get in.

Question is, who wants to play us from a P5?

MattMang23

Reaction Score
We should just do a package deal with Temple to the BE and sign up for the MAC. Sunbelt is willing to take anyone. We can also go Indy. Having AAC hanging on our neck is killing us in so many ways. We need to get out before people completely forget we just won multiple national championships.

If we get Temple onboard to leave, perhaps AAC will let both of us stay as FB on lies.

Temple can't go to the Big East. They have a Villanova problem, otherwise they would have been in long ago when their fb team was BE.

Reaction Score
Temple can't go to the Big East. They have a Villanova problem, otherwise they would have been in long ago when their fb team was BE.

Then we do it alone. AAC gave Navy FB only so why not us?

Reaction Score
It's not just the wins, it's the scheduling. As UCLA showed, you can lose to everybody if you have a tough OOC schedule and still get in.

Question is, who wants to play us from a P5?

We played West Virginia, Texas, Duke, Florida and Stanford this year. We went 1-4 in those games. All of the teams in our conference played P5 teams, they just didn't win. For a conference to earn respect, more then 1 team has to rack up good wins in the non-conference. It's also important for the bottom half of the conference to win games against p5 teams at the bottom of their respective conferences. Tulane lost to Wake Forest and Washington. USF and UCF lost to Florida State, etc. UCLA shouldn't have made the tournament, I agree, but the AAC had it's chances and blew almost every single one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom