Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
"Just" killed the AAC?

This isn't an all of a sudden thing...

Reaction Score
Maybe Malloy and Susan will finally agree with the urgency the base has had for two years.

Reaction Score
I'm far less sick about losing that game today and missing the NCAA as I am about the treatment of this garbage pile of a conference. UCLA and Indiana getting in is all the evidence you need, not to mention an Ok State team barely above .500. Someone seriously has to step up and do something or we are in huge trouble. I'm beside myself....

Reaction Score
UCLA should not be in before Temple, amazing. In fact, our resume is better than UCLA, but we can't blame anyone for what we didn't do. We just don't play in a conference that has ranked teams, a self improving and perpetuating situation. Texas plays in such a conference. We need to play teams with numbers besides their names. Many of those teams.

Reaction Score
?

The same league you're in?

The same league you've been in for 25 years?

Leave it to a Memphis fan to talk to us about our conference affiliation...

except he's right. still a step above the other G5 conferences and schools like SMU, Temple, Memphis, Cincy, and apparently even Tulsa are going to be decent opponents going forward.

and we're the ones being carried in football.

I have exactly zero love for the AAC but things could be worse.

Reaction Score
Maybe Malloy and Susan will finally agree with the urgency the base has had for two years.

Good God. Exactly what do you want them to do that you know they haven't done? Have a press conference where they say this conference sucks and we won't have an athletic program for long in it?

Reaction Score
UCLA should not be in before Temple, amazing. In fact, our resume is better than UCLA, but we can't blame anyone for what we didn't do. We just don't play in a conference that has ranked teams, a self improving and perpetuating situation. Texas plays in such a conference. We need to play teams with numbers besides their names. Many of those teams.

If teams in the conference win games OOC, everyone's RPI goes up. The A-Ten was treated tons better last year than that. Because they got shafted this year? Or because they won far more OOC games the year before against quality teams?

That having been said, Temple did get shafted and this year's announcement seems to show the same power grab by the majors we're seeing in football. I don't think the NCAA is staying together all that much longer.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Talking about your conference affiliation is ALL you guys do...24/7/365

Maybe we talk about it because we are in a league with all you CUSA graduates. Yet you come here and say have fun in CUSA as though your school isn't a part of the problem.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Mike Francessa stated last week on his radio show.
That Uconn has a ZERO chance of getting into the BIG 10 or any other power conference.
because football pays th bills and uconn's football program is Putrid.

we either stay in the aac and deal with it or junk football and crawl back to the big east.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
i have zero interest in uconn football.
so i hope they decide what's best for the basketball team and go back to the Big East.

Reaction Score
That Uconn has a ZERO chance of getting into the BIG 10 or any other power conference.

we either stay in the aac and deal with it or junk football and crawl back to the big east.
Mike Francessa is as keyed in to realignment as your are.

Reaction Score
I see nothing wrong with playing Georgetown and Villanova again - lets crawl, beg, whatever

Reaction Score
WeAreUCONN said:

Francesca is an a-$-$hat. Obviously Rutgers got that B1G invite because of their dominate football performances.

We all know you can have athletics and still make it to the big leagues. Rutgers and Pitt are prime examples. As well as BC and Syracuse for that matter.

Reaction Score

If today isn't absolute evidence to you that the P5 are looking for a split, then what's it going to take for you to realize that?

They are looking to take the NCAA's $1B a year from the tourney and to split it among 60 schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom