Morgan's Plans For Next Year -- New Info | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Morgan's Plans For Next Year -- New Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thought Geno was pretty clear on the radio with Bob Joyce this week when he said that Morgan would be part of the Senior Night ceremony this month, along with her classmates Stewie and Mo, but that decision had no bearing whatsoever on her decision regarding staying another year.

Reaction Score
So if she leaves she doesn't get a Senior Night celebration? That doesn't seem right.
Well it would be Morgan's choice, so I guess whatever she wants she will get regardless of what us fans want.

Reaction Score
I did my part at the Temple game
morgan Sign.JPG

Reaction Score
Tuck has done her duty. My opinion is Napressa will step up and we will be making the same comments once used to describe Tuck. Chong will also surprise many as the 1.

Unfortunately, you are dreaming. Collier and Chong will be very good Division I players but not AA's like Tuck and Jeffferson.
Be prepared for a very different season next year with 4-5 losses and no Final Four a distinct possibility.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, you are dreaming. Collier and Chong will be very good Division I players but not AA's like Tuck and Jeffferson.
Be prepared for a very different season next year with 4-5 losses and no Final Four a distinct possibility.
Can you tell us which teams will beat UConn 4-5 times next year?
And why UConn can not be in Final Four?
Since we even don't know our 2016-2017 schedule yet.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Can you tell us which teams will beat UConn 4-5 times next year?
And why UConn can not be in Final Four?
Since we even don't know our 2016-2017 schedule yet.
We already know that UConn will play Notre Dame, South Carolina, Baylor, and Ohio State next year. I don't think it's likely, but those could possibly be four losses. I don't recall if Maryland is on next year's schedule or if that series resumes in 2017-18. But that is another team that might get a W against UConn.

If Morgan does not return, then all of those teams will have rosters that (on paper) will be equal or better in skill and experience, and in most cases greater in size, than UConn's. So if UConn wins those games, it will be because of better fitness, preparation, game strategy, effort, or poise under pressure. We like to think that UConn excels in all of those areas. Next year will demonstrate whether that is true.

It won't be like this year, where we can pretty much count on a favorable and large talent differential to guarantee a victory even when the opponent has the edge in those intangibles -- as in Sunday's game against Temple.

Reaction Score
W
Who said they will be as good as Tuck or MoJeff? I said we will be making comments about NC much like comments about Tuck. Are you reading between the lines?

Reaction Score
I feel good about next years squad. Not delusional but good.
I think next year could be UConn's most challenging since 2004-05. That year UConn lost eight games. I think that without MT, the lineup we'd see will be approximately the one that took the floor against Cincinnati, and came out with the score tied 15-15. Gabby is great, a real spark plug. Saniya Chong will be much better after a summer to rest and recover. KLS could develop her 3 for higher percentage. But the front court could be a real problem. If South Carolina gets its offense together and truly integrates A'ja Wilson (who is already a superstar), then UConn could have problems. Add to that the strong front court for ND, and Geno and his team could have its hands full.

Reaction Score

Collier most definitely has the potential to be a future all-american! obviously you haven't watched her play very much.

Reaction Score
Collier most definitely has the potential to be a future all-american! obviously you haven't watched her play very much.
Give Collier the off season to strengthen and she will in her all around game. She does everything well. She always gets to the loose ball and that will be especially important in cleaning up all those missed three's.

Reaction Score
I think Morgan Tuck should participate in Senior Night with Steie and Mo. She came in with them, she has met the academic requirements, and she is totally qualified. If she stays, and wants to do it again next year . . . .great!

She may be the first to do it, but she may be among the first to win four NCs too. Do any of you really care if Morgan has two Senior Nights? Really?????

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think Morgan Tuck should participate in Senior Night with Steie and Mo. She came in with them, she has met the academic requirements, and she is totally qualified. If she stays, and wants to do it again next year . . . .great!

She may be the first to do it, but she may be among the first to win four NCs too. Do any of you really care if Morgan has two Senior Nights? Really?????
Geno has said before that you only get one senior night - you can play another year but you will not get a second go around with your parents at center court. I think it cuts both ways - be nice to do it with her two partners in crime, but be a little strange to then be not doing it in your last home game if you come back. It has never been an issue before as the decisions were made earlier and the situations were always a little different.

Reaction Score
We already know that UConn will play Notre Dame, South Carolina, Baylor, and Ohio State next year. I don't think it's likely, but those could possibly be four losses. I don't recall if Maryland is on next year's schedule or if that series resumes in 2017-18. But that is another team that might get a W against UConn.

If Morgan does not return, then all of those teams will have rosters that (on paper) will be equal or better in skill and experience, and in most cases greater in size, than UConn's. So if UConn wins those games, it will be because of better fitness, preparation, game strategy, effort, or poise under pressure. We like to think that UConn excels in all of those areas. Next year will demonstrate whether that is true.

It won't be like this year, where we can pretty much count on a favorable and large talent differential to guarantee a victory even when the opponent has the edge in those intangibles -- as in Sunday's game against Temple.

Uconn at Maryland next season

Reaction Score
Geno has said before that you only get one senior night - you can play another year but you will not get a second go around with your parents at center court. I think it cuts both ways - be nice to do it with her two partners in crime, but be a little strange to then be not doing it in your last home game if you come back. It has never been an issue before as the decisions were made earlier and the situations were always a little different.
If she does Senior Night this year, we hope she stays and can watch her number go up as a Husky of Honor next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom