March 18 games thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

March 18 games thread

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Brooke Weisbrod is the color analyst. She's outstanding.

Maybe it’s just me, but the guy seems like a bit of a ND homer. He’s referred to ND a few times as “we”.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not a good omen to be 10-15 from three in a half and still only tied.
Villanova can't do enough to defend Notre Dame, even with the walk-on on the floor. Three-point shooting is their only hope to even stay close.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Well, Nova's not shooting 60 3s tonight but the percentage is going to be way better. Will their 3s overcome the unguardable Young and Ogunbawale? Notre Dame seems to bring out the fire from outside shooters -- reference Louisville.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I am sort of shocked ND isn’t doing a better job on the perimeter.

I'm not. 'Nova is playing 5-out on offense. Shepard and Nelson are too slow to defend on the perimeter. Muffet is so desperate for another guard that walk-on Katie Cole played 9 minutes in the 1st half.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I had a writing assignment deadline; guess I missed a bit. Hope someone has posted Holly's presser. Recorded the Carter heroics. Now we enjoy Harry vexing Notre Dame or v-a-v!! Our patience is being rewarded. Fun NCAAs so far.

Didn't see Hollys presser, but can tell you what she said; "I just don't know"."

Reaction Score
True. Not all players have her talent. With the off-season to work on her game. I think you will see a significant improvement in her game.

Listen, most of us are not ready to move to "next year" yet. We still have some dancing to do.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I am sort of shocked ND isn’t doing a better job on the perimeter. ND seems to play down to their competition. I suspect that ND will pull away in the second half as the Nova shots cannot keep falling at their current rate...law of averages!

I think Muffet has adopted a strategy forced on her by a nonexistent bench. Open the game up and try to outshoot them. This short handed ND team can still put up impressive #es.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Notre Dame seems to bring out the fire from outside shooters -- reference Louisville.

Destiny Brooks from CSU Northridge, who was shooting sub-30% from 3 on the season, made 8 3s in ND's first round game. Some of it is bad defense, but it certainly feels like every opposing team's shooters are lights out against ND.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Didn't see Hollys presser, but can tell you what she said; "I just don't know"."

I can't recall if she said it; she was feeling sorry for herself and her team and she's home so they didn't pick on her much. They all know there is not much there there. She has been and will always be an inept coach; hand picked, of course. Pat's revenge is one theory.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Brooke Weisbrod is the color analyst. She's outstanding.
Mmm, maybe or maybe not. Some really bad comments like “Shepard can handle the ball like a guard, with quick feet and nimble moves” Huh? The post from Nova blew right by her from the perimeter. She also was too effusive in Muffets coaching that she deserved national coach of the year for what she’s done...huh? Even after Westbeld, Muffet still has 6 top 39 HoopGurlz players on the floor including 3 ranked in the top 11 of their class. It’s not like Miss St who has one rated 24 (Vivians) and no one else.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Mmm, maybe or maybe not. Some really bad comments like “Shepard can handle the ball like a guard, with quick feet and nimble moves” Huh? The post from Nova blew right by her from the perimeter. She also was too effusive in Muffets coaching that she deserved national coach of the year for what she’s done...huh? Even after Westbeld, Muffet still has 6 top 39 HoopGurlz players on the floor including 3 ranked in the top 11 of their class. It’s not like Miss St who has one rated 24 (Vivians) and no one else.
The player who blew by Shepard from the perimeter was 5-6 guard Adrianna Hahn.

Weisbrod is not the only one who has commended Muffet's coaching job this year. Even many on this site have praised thusly.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
ND has broken glass in case of emergency.

Westbeld is in the game to start the 2nd half.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I know this is a thread about WCBB..... but over on the mens side.... Cincinnati just had the most unbelievable choke jobs in recent NCAA memory :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I know this is a thread about WCBB..... but over on the mens side.... Cincinnati just had the most unbelievable choke jobs in recent NCAA memory :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

There are men's basketball games being played?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom