March 18 games thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

March 18 games thread

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
That SEC is one tough conference.

Almost had LSU, Missouri, Tenneseee, Georgia, and A&M eliminated before the Sweet 16.

To those people who questioned my claims that the SEC in general and Tennessee, Georgia, Missouri and A&M in particular
Total choke by DePaul.

Big time shot by Carter.

And total joke for ESPN to flip to this thrilling finish literally 3 seconds before Carter's shot.

Carter is the real deal and DePaul panicked at the end, but the officiating in this game was disgraceful. A&M was whistled for a total of 9 fouls and 1 was intentional with 1.8 seconds left compared to 21 against DePaul. Granted, slightly different style, A&M took the ball to the rim more often, but I lost track of the number of times A&M players fouled DePaul shooters around the rim that weren't called. I mean, come on, any team will commit 8 fouls a game just on accidentally touching.

Reaction Score
They had ups and downs normal for freshman. I am anxious to see the improvement in these freshman next year. Another good group of freshman in next year. I think next year guard play with Westbrook, Hayes , Jackson, Massengill and Green will be a strength.

But that doesn't concern you? Tenn has always been a defense/rebounding not a guard team. What will they do without much of a post presence?

Reaction Score
Oregon, Oregon State, and Stanford will be the class of the conference next year.

Arizona State will nip at their heels, as they don't graduate anyone.

UCLA will drop back to the pack after losing Canada and Billings. Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and Washington will all be better than this year but probably not great.

Stanford, really? Dont follow them but they struggled this year at times and only did well it seems bc of McPhee who's graduating. Why wouldnt ASU pass them?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stanford, really? Dont follow them but they struggled this year at times and only did well it seems bc of McPhee who's graduating. Why wouldnt ASU pass them?

McPhee has been playing really bad during Pac 12 tourney and yesterday, Stanford is 3-1 in those games. They are more than a 1 player team. Kiana Williams has been playing great down the stretch of the season. Alanna Smith is inconsistent but a big inside/outside scoring threat, Carrington and Fingall have their moments. Maybe Dodson will figure it out and become more of a factor next year. Plenty of pieces still in place for next season.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Quite understandably, you focus on the level of talent, which is indeed formidable, just as it was this year and the last and the one before that... But all indications are that at least one key element will remain unchanged. It is therefore difficult, for me, at least, to envision a different outcome in the years immediately ahead. It will be interesting to see, after the dreaded hour arrives, and Geno retires, whether or not UConn can still recruit similar high-level talent as UT has, just on the basis of history and "traditional" relevance. But I think all UConn fans should take heart from the LV experience in that regard!
One area were this team lacked. Was having a lot of experience at guard positions. Low in numbers then having freshman run point. In tournament games guard play is important . I think the point guard play will be better next year.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
But that doesn't concern you? Tenn has always been a defense/rebounding not a guard team. What will they do without much of a post presence?
Collins. Cheridine Green, and Kasi. Will be post players next year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
TN, Depaul, and Maryland lose in WCBB...... Michigan State already lost..... with UNC.Cheat down 14 at the half to TAMU..... if the Aggies can pull it out..... it will be one of the greatest days in the history of College Basketball.

Reaction Score
Collins. Cheridine Green, and Kasi. Will be post players next year.

That front line is going to scare no one. The guards are going to face a lot more pressure.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
That front line is going to scare no one. The guards are going to face a lot more pressure.
Well Rennia Davis is back. She will be probably the leading scorer next year.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
TN, Depaul, and Maryland lose in WCBB. Michigan State already lost..... with UNC.Cheat down 14 at the half to TAMU..... if the Aggies can pull it out..... it will be one of the greatest days in the history of College Basketball.
Just curious, why mention DePaul?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Just curious, why mention DePaul?
He's still Bitter Party of One because DePaul knocked Duke out of the tournament at Cameron a few years back.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Even the worst team in the country has a leading scorer.
True. Not all players have her talent. With the off-season to work on her game. I think you will see a significant improvement in her game.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I had a writing assignment deadline; guess I missed a bit. Hope someone has posted Holly's presser. Recorded the Carter heroics. Now we enjoy Harry vexing Notre Dame or v-a-v!! Our patience is being rewarded. Fun NCAAs so far.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nova vs ND: 12-11, Nova, 1st TV TO.

Shephard a very good offensive player but can be abused on defense. Slow feet. Don't remember that against UConn. :confused:

Reaction Score
A few comments about this season. I thought when the bracket came out. It would be a tough road but doable. As long as Tennessee played it's best. Overall the record was better this year. Good careers by Russell and Nared. The freshman a talented group. They had ups and downs normal for freshman. I am anxious to see the improvement in these freshman next year. Another good group of freshman in next year. I think next year guard play with Westbrook, Hayes , Jackson, Massengill and Green will be a strength.
So when is this year going to happen?

Reaction Score
Villanova players Jannah Tucker was originally at Tenn with Mercedes Russell. She transferred after withdrawing to deal with a horrific domestic abuse situation from her boyfriend.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
ND is playing a walk-on in the 1st quarter of an NCAA tournament game. This is not a drill.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom