Lou Lopez Senechal to UConn! (Merged thread) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Lou Lopez Senechal to UConn! (Merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think we all just need to appreciate that Geno and his staff know what they are doing. She obviously fits the plan they are pursuing. We won't know more until the bell rings.
We all don’t. “UConn is a bit guard heavy”
WTH is Geno doing?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
No matter how it is put, IMO Dorka needs help. UConn is a bit too guard heavy.
As we have seen posted in many threads on the subject and countless posts in threads that have nothing to do with the subject. So thank you for your opinion that has nothing to do with the thread.

Reaction Score
THIS is the news I've been waiting for ALL WEEK! I knew Geno was not going to stand pat. I just wasn't sure which direction he was going in. I figured he was looking for a high character player that also filled a need. Check and check. She is a great get for us.

I was getting tired of reading about coveted transfers committing to other programs. She will help us right away. Lou coming in balances the scales. We lost 3 to graduation, we gain 3 with her and our two incoming freshmen. Carnac is happy! :D
Additionally, we lost Piath as well, so one more transfer is possible....

Reaction Score
I don't know if she can defend like Caroline but her offensive skill set is similar.
Agreed. LLS actually has a more projectable shot for pro game: legit jumper with ideal high release point. Caroline’s is a set shot with low release that is more easily blocked, with more time needed to get off. Both share great movement off ball & fantastic scoring versatility all over floor, including great leverage & high BBIQ.

Honestly I wish they'd gotten Dorka some help.
My thought as well. Bummed they missed on scrappy WVU transfer F Esmery Martinez, who just joined LSU with teammate Jasmine Carson. Still fingers crossed for another rugged F, esp with uncertainty surrounding Aubrey’s return, surfeit of injuries this past year, & crazy length/depth that our elite rivals feature.

Reaction Score
with only one year of eligibility (used to be against genos rules), it is clear he is trying to create the roster to win it all now. :)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I like the name LuLo just fine.
Geno may not be done with accepting transfer players yet.
There's no doubt that Geno will find plenty of things to yell at her about.
"Lou! Lou! What are you doing?" ad nauseam.
Well, @sun, you scooped me. I was going to post "LuLo" after I read all these posts. I think there is only one Lou. Good to see that great minds think alike.

I think this player does two things of general importance:

1. She gives Geno a lot of flexibility (and depth) regarding perimeter play
2. She provides a modicum of insurance in case Aubrey struggles to get back to 100%

Reaction Score
Anna Makurat is another Husky that comes to mind when considering LLS impact. She came to Storrs with great shooting talent/rep but got timid once there. Hopefully LLS retains her Fairfield aggressiveness once acclimated to UConn program.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Additionally, we lost Piath as well, so one more transfer is possible....
It takes a very special player to transfer into UConn. One who feels they can mentally handle the pressure cooker and the intense coaching . And Geno is not guaranteeing minutes or even extrapolating what he sees as the player's place on the team. His response is. "How do I know until I see you with the team?" I know this is his line for HS recruits and I suppose the added experience of college transfers may soften this approach but Geno adds alot of hurdles on purpose. They need to fit the culture.

Reaction Score
Looks like a solid pick up. I love that she seems to understand what her goals are next year. She wants to get better and she knows that even playing against top players in practice every day will help her. Playing in s a program like Uconn will prepare her for a career in Europe. She looks like she was largely out of position at Fairfield, playing more as a 4 defensively quite often. She's depth and we all know we might need it. I wouldn't be surprised though if she got 15 -20 minutes though on average. It's a win / win. Looks to be better offensively than defensively. She's more of a Caroline than a Nika type. Everyone eats well with Lou as our 4 or 5th guard/wing.

I would like to see them pick up a post or strong rebounding 4 but I am confident Ayanna/Ice/Amari will contribute next year. If nothing else happens we are OK. It would be nice to add another solid option though.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lou2 is already in the team with other players.

The photo of our foreign born players makes me realize that Geno is going to have to master multiple languages if he wants to effectively communicate with his entire team. He already knows Italian & English. But he now needs to work on: Spanish, French, Hungarian, Croatian and Canadian (eh)… :cool:

Reaction Score
What are you talking about we just lost two guards to graduation.
The young lady played at Fairfield University, and not a major D1 program for a reason. I’ll leave it at that.

Reaction Score
Love this!!!! Lou is just what we need, a scoring guard off the bench. Geno ‘s comment speaks to her character which is key. Good replacement for Westbrook’s role an a bridge to the two guards that will join the following year. Hope it helps Lou towards her goal of wnba.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lou2 is already in the team with other players.

She gets extra points from me with her jeans not having any rips / tears.

I like panel 3 where the internationals need to stick together

I also like Amari going with a short hair crop look. Has the feel of the Marines.
She is going into the trenches this summer. Kill or be killed.

And a Rebecca Lobo # Hmm.

Last edited:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Lou meets her new teammates!

1650753692928.png

Reaction Score
LLS smooth jump shot would play nicely as complementary rotation piece. Her size & solid build should provide some wing positional versatility. Maturity & experience— both collegiate & European should be a positive influence both on/off court. Worldly background fits well with Nika, Dorka, etc. Also like Latin connection re: future UConn recruiting (Aliyah Chavez, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom