Lou Lopez Senechal to UConn! (Merged thread) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Lou Lopez Senechal to UConn! (Merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

This sign could be misread. :oops:

1650746211133.png

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
No matter how it is put, IMO Dorka needs help. UConn is a bit too guard heavy.
UConn has 6 legitimate front court players on next year’s roster: Dorka, Aubrey, Aaliyah, Amari, Ice & Ayanna. While there are some questions with Dorka & Aubrey coming off injuries, Amari needing to improve her fitness and agressiveness, and Ice & Ayanna learning to play at the college level, if even 3/6 step up, UConn will be just fine.

IMO, Dorka, Aaliyah, Ice & Ayanna will all be key contributors for next year’s team. I have great hope that Amari will also step up after spending all summer on campus working with Andrea Hudy and the coaches. My only real question mark involves Aubrey and her recovery from back surgery.

Reaction Score
Good for her and good for us. Exactly what we needed. If she can pop at an average of 20 per, she obviously can shoot, so not to worry. Her averages from the field and from 3 are solid, too.
We don't talk much about transfer students' motives, but I think it's fair to say that some, at least, are here to showcase their talents for a possible pro career. I think that may be the case with both Dorka and Lou2. And that's a good thing. UConn sends many talented, well-coached players to the WNBA (and internationally). If our transfers are determined to show their very best, that's good all around.

sun

Reaction Score
I like the name LuLo just fine.
Geno may not be done with accepting transfer players yet.
There's no doubt that Geno will find plenty of things to yell at her about.
"Lou! Lou! What are you doing?" ad nauseam.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So who’s minutes will she take, Nika’s?
My guess is everyone’s rather than one specific player. That way everyone stays fresher and Lou2 has plenty of minutes to do that voodoo that only she can do.

Reaction Score
UConn has 6 legitimate front court players on next year’s roster: Dorka, Aubrey, Aaliyah, Amari, Ice & Ayanna. While there are some questions with Dorka & Aubrey coming off injuries, Amari needing to improve her fitness and agressiveness, and Ice & Ayanna learning to play at the college level, if even 3/6 step up, UConn will be just fine.

IMO, Dorka, Aaliyah, Ice & Ayanna will all be key contributors for next year’s team. I have great hope that Amari will also step up after spending all summer on campus working with Andrea Hudy and the coaches. My only real question mark involves Aubrey and her recovery from back surgery.
Only Dorka and Edwards have proven they can compete at an elite D1 level.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Milford, I do believe that you were the very first BY’er to raise the prospect of Lou2 transferring to UConn way back at the end of March. Kudos for your prescient observation. :cool:
I didn’t know who Lou was until she entered the portal. Then I read up on her and liked her stats and Euro background. Her coach raved about her. She was all-conference 3x and unanimous POY as a senior. I liked her highlights. She was a little under the radar, but not any more. She should get open looks with Buckets and the Fuddster on the floor. Welcome, Lou!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sounds very very mature

“One of my goals is to play professionally,” Lopez-Senechal said. “I think the possibility of going to a bigger school is important to me, to play at a higher level, against better competition, practicing against the best players every day. I think it’s very important to prepare me, physically and mentally, for a higher level. That’s what I’m looking for, a challenge for myself. One year, it can go by fast, but it can also give me a lot. I’m trying to use that the best way possible.

Guessing our players having a lot of European Success is pretty helpful. Lou1 the darling of Spain and Gabby the heroine of France.

Reaction Score
Love this— LLS’ Fairfield coach: When we first got her, she’d take two or three shots and miss and wouldn’t want to shoot anymore. I was like, ‘No, no, no. Your role on this team is to hunt your shot.’ She really grew into that. And during her junior and senior year, she took virtually every big shot we had to take.”

Evina was my favorite Huskie, but I don’t think she hunted shots enough in her UConn tenure— nor did Christyn as games wore on, esp after strong 1Q’s.

LLS should be a welcome (bench) scoring spark & good role model in this sense for Azzi who can shoot/score but perhaps can be more aggressive hunting her shot.

Appreciate LLS’ use of size against smaller man, floor scoring positional versatility inside/outside/ midrange, & use of back cuts. LLS should fit nicely with Geno’s group. Anyone that can score prolifically as focal point at Texas in NCAA Tourney can play at top level of college game. And she did same at strong Indiana team, as we just saw firsthand. Strong portal addition.

Reaction Score
I like it as well but 1 question can she rebound bcuz that was our achilles heel in the championship game we shot at a higher pct. than South Carolina and I suspect we'll have a higher shooting next year as well but we can't keep giving up 3 shot attempts to our 1...But welcome aboard Lou we wish you the best
I think we all just need to appreciate that Geno and his staff know what they are doing. She obviously fits the plan they are pursuing. We won't know more until the bell rings.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Not to derail the thread, but Adebayo was a 6'1" post player with no mid-range or outside game. As well as she did in the lesser conference, she was no Morrow, who as an undersized post was a beast, and she simply could not excel at the level needed to succeed at UCONN.

Lou is a guard. I have no idea how good she will be. I'm hoping she's similar to Makurat, who was totally capable of playing at an elite level. I'm thrilled we have her and look forward to seeing her play and mesh with her new teammates.

I know Fairfield tried very hard to keep her, but Lou wants to play professionally and had publicly said that she wanted to go to a place that could help her achieve that goal.

Welcome to UCONN!!!
A confirmed "wait and see" guy here. With few exceptions, the transfer portal is, in the words of Forrest Gump, "...a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." So welcome and good luck Lou. Play hard, play smart, have fun and we'll see where it all goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom