Lexi Will Be A Husky! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lexi Will Be A Husky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Someone who is up on this tweet world please keep an eye out for response, forwards, likes from the Other UCONN recruiting targets specifically Chrystin Williams, jade Williams, Charli Collier
You took the words from my mouth. Let's however include Megan Walker (although some may see her as superfluous) and LaDazhia Williams. Also, said greedy me, Aquira DeCosta. Yes, I want them ALL.

Reaction Score
Wanna know how good she'll be? If Diana was Magic Johnson,Maya was Elgin Baylor And Stewie resembles Kevin Durant She would remind me of John Havlichek.Having seen a bunch of video on her,just the way she walks,runs,and has such a pure shooting motion immediately tells you that she is going to be a great athlete and would have a great career at Uconn.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Lexi Belle's an adult actress. Not that I would know anything about that. :oops:

I think we know where Mr. Fuller's mind is though.;)
I too know nothing about that stuff.

Your Honor.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
We are headed towards a tipping point for recruiting in Texas. I cannot overstate how important it is to convince Texas girls that Storrs is the right destination for them to spend thr I college careers. Moriah was a phenomenal start to recruiting Lone Star girls, and Lexi Gordon may help Geno and Company move Uconn forward in this regard.

With the bevy of talent coming from the state of Texas, recruiting that state couldn't be more critical. Now, we're starting to see a small portion of those kids make it to Uconn! This is a big deal! Welcome Lexi!
I agree with Alex. And who thought that the AAC--with teams in Dallas and Houston--was a bad thing?
I agree with Alex also. But this has very little to do with the AAC IMO.
While we all want Uconn to find a home in a P5 conference, I really do think the AAC with its wide geographic footprint is a benefit in terms of recruiting - with the exception of the west coast and the northern plains, our conference schedule takes in some very fertile recruiting territory. It does not hurt at all that prospects and their families can see the team live against local schools. As some of Lexi's comments indicate, while TV can give you a good sense of the style of play, being in the arena to watch the bench and the coaches and the interactions is a big benefit. I love the few chance you get to see the bench reactions to live play - Lawyer's unbridled joy in the background when Collier sank the three against Cinci was priceless!
Not taking into account OOC:
TX - Houston and Dallas
OK - Tulsa
LA - New Orleans
FL - Tampa and Orlando
NC - Greenville
TN - Memphis
OH - Cincinnati
PA - Philadelphia
NY - NYC our Garden home away from home :rolleyes:
With our OOC filling in more gaps we are getting a lot of regional exposure that really is great for recruiting.

Reaction Score
Diana = Magic
Maya = Elgin B
Stewie = KD

Love those comparisons :cool:

Yeah, but to try to position a HS Junior who is ranked between 20-30 in her class right now to be like an NBA Hall of Famer is absolutely insane. Some UConn fans tend to go overboard with their excitement. I remember a lot of the same hoopla when Courtney Ekmark committed as well.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I agree with Alex also. But this has very little to do with the AAC IMO.
I don't disagree but... Let's look 3-4 years down the road. If UCONN is still in the AAC, why can't schools like SMU and Houston start to move up? Houston is the worst team in the league at 1-13 but SMU is a respectable 7-7. If teams like Ga Tech can come out of nowhere and land a Kaela Davis type of player, why can't the Texas teams in the AAC start to recruit better players? If UCONN ends up stuck in this league for any length of time, we better hope these teams improve by leaps and bounds...

Reaction Score
Someone who is up on this tweet world please keep an eye out for response, forwards, likes from the Other UCONN recruiting targets specifically Chrystin Williams, Jade Williams, Charli Collier
I'm not "up on the tweet world", but I saw this in Lexi's twitter, posted here...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
As of today Charlie Collier is a Texas lean. Might be hard to get her out of Texas.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I wonder if the fact that most all of our games can be seen on television or via computer makes any positive impact on recruits' decisions? Certainly nice that parents will be able to see their kids careers on a regular basis. Lexi alluded to that in one of her quotes.

BUT it seems that tomorrow's game is an exception. No SNY coverage so apparently no ESPN3 either.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I wish I knew how to recall the optimistic comments that I and (more especially) CocoHusky posted o/a January 27.

That's when Lexi and Ghristyn's families both came to Storrs (and NYC) together. They all enjoyed the Temple game and the many photo-ops in Geno's office (Lexi in a UConn sweatshirt). :)

Our optimism is now justified. OK Jade, Charli, Christyn, Megan -- your turn to step up! ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wonder if the fact that most all of our games can be seen on television or via computer makes any positive impact on recruits' decisions? Certainly nice that parents will be able to see their kids careers on a regular basis. Lexi alluded to that in one of her quotes.

BUT it seems that tomorrow's game is an exception. No SNY coverage so apparently no ESPN3 either.
CBS SN

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I really do think the AAC with its wide geographic footprint is a benefit in terms of recruiting - with the exception of the west coast and the northern plains, our conference schedule takes in some very fertile recruiting territory. It does not hurt at all that prospects and their families can see the team live against local schools. As some of Lexi's comments indicate, while TV can give you a good sense of the style of play, being in the arena to watch the bench and the coaches and the interactions is a big benefit.
Not taking into account OOC:
TX - Houston and Dallas
OK - Tulsa
LA - New Orleans
FL - Tampa and Orlando
NC - Greenville
TN - Memphis
OH - Cincinnati
PA - Philadelphia
NY - NYC our Garden home away from home :rolleyes:
The AAC has been in existence for 3 full years now. If you included the 2016 UCONN recruiting class which is believed to be closed, there is exactly 1 signing (Dangerfield from TN) from among the new states or cities in this AAC footprint. So while it may not hurt to be playing in these new AAC cities, IMO it does not help either. UCONN was recruiting nationally before the AAC and there was always an attempt to schedule a "home" game for each recruited player sometime before they graduated. Here is how I think it may hurt recruiting: If you have to schedule a game against say Colgate so Stewie can have a homecoming game that becomes a bearable event that you do once every 4 years. When you have to go down to SMU and administer a beat down every year that is no longer an event and definitely not something that is going to impress a recruit. I'm happy that Lexi signed because it puts us back in the hunt for other Texas players, But wouldn't we be in that hunt anyway regardless of what conference UCONN was playing in?

Reaction Score
The AAC has been in existence for 3 full years now. If you included the 2016 UCONN recruiting class which is believed to be closed, there is exactly 1 signing (Dangerfield from TN) from among the new states or cities in this AAC footprint. So while it may not hurt to be playing in these new AAC cities, IMO it does not help either. UCONN was recruiting nationally before the AAC and there was always an attempt to schedule a "home" game for each recruited player sometime before they graduated. Here is how I think it may hurt recruiting: If you have to schedule a game against say Colgate so Stewie can have a homecoming game that becomes a bearable event that you do once every 4 years. When you have to go down to SMU and administer a beat down every year that is no longer an event and definitely not something that is going to impress a recruit. I'm happy that Lexi signed because it puts us back in the hunt for other Texas players, But wouldn't we be in that hunt anyway regardless of what conference UCONN was playing in?

Reaction Score
Great News! welcome to Connecticut Lexi and and are looking forward to seeing you play for the best womens coach in U.S.A!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
News like this (Lexi) is not only enjoyable and gratifying (Hey -- a fine young lady with excellent bb skills), but we are spared any snarky "Geno dropped the ball again" posts.:rolleyes:

At least for now.;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm not sure any one pointed this out, but Lexi brings a 3.8 GPA along with her sweet shooting stroke. She sounds like a great kid, irrespective of her basketball talents.
I don't know. She is joining a pretty high achieving bunch including a future doctor (Polly) and future President (Morgan). A 3.8 might actually bring the team average GPA down some. :D

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
CBS SN

Thanks. I don't get that with my Directv subscription but sometimes this channel shows up on the split screen showing what is available on different channels.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Three years is a very short exposure timeframe when kids are making final choices 1.5 years out and when the league was still expanding and in transition 2 years ago. Getting to watch a beautiful Uconn team operate at age 12-14 years of age when basketball is just becoming a focus can spark an interest that may blossom later when decisions are more immanent.

And while it may not be pleasurable for SMU or Houston fans, for recruiting targets getting a chance to watch a live Uconn game and see generally beautiful basketball being played by Uconn, and the strong team chemistry live can be very enjoyable and initiate dreams of them filling a role on such a roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom