Lexi Will Be A Husky! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Lexi Will Be A Husky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seeing a team play live certainly allows them to get a better idea of what it is like to play for a cohesive team and sense of family that Baylor, Texas and TAMU lack.

You forgot the sarcasm emoji!

Reaction Score
I'm not sure any one pointed this out, but Lexi brings a 3.8 GPA along with her sweet shooting stroke. She sounds like a great kid, irrespective of her basketball talents.

Along with 25 ppg. and strong religious convictions. Sound like the type of kid UConn offers?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Texas, Baylor and TAMU have owned the state for years. And does anyone really need to put in a "good word" for UCONN? Isn't the word already out there? I am really surprised that UCONN has not had more success in Texas already.
ETT , there are 2 States that UConn that has been hard for UConn to penetrate..Texas and Tennessee. So I think somebody needs to put a 'Good Word' in there. The word is out (in every other State) except apparently Texas and Tenn. Until Jefferson , Gordon and Dangerfield.

So help us out down there......Tell all those talented players you guys have in State that UConn is the place to go. :)
Yes, please ETT, send a few of the posts up this way! Baylor seems stacked with posts for the next few years, and you would much rather not seem them headed to UTx or TAMU I am sure!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I wish I knew how to recall the optimistic comments that I and (more especially) CocoHusky posted o/a January 27.

That's when Lexi and Ghristyn's families both came to Storrs (and NYC) together. They all enjoyed the Temple game and the many photo-ops in Geno's office (Lexi in a UConn sweatshirt). :)

Our optimism is now justified. OK Jade, Charli, Christyn, Megan -- your turn to step up! ;)

Ok....Lexi has UConn fever. As we all know, its communicable. Let's hope she spreads it to her buddies Charli, Christyn and Megan, and they contract a serious case of it also. Wouldn't THAT be a fantastic coup. :rolleyes:

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Yes, please ETT, send a few of the posts up this way! Baylor seems stacked with posts for the next few years, and you would much rather not seem them headed to UTx or TAMU I am sure!

Here's an idea - if one team has a stockpile of post players and a second roster is full of guards, why not allow trading! :p

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So, off of some of her remarks - her thinking Geno would watch her play a couple of more times before anything happened: Here's what I get from that. She says I'm going to keep their interest alive with an unofficial visit - and God bless mom and dad they buy in... and it's Kismet! She left her visit with an offer and a strong intention to take it. I love recruiting stories like this.

Reaction Score
A perfect example of the "Rich" getting "Richer". ;)
Lexi apparently wants to be One of the Best. I like her attitude. A go-getter...
She seems to be what UConn is all about. I love kids like this (Yes, I'm old)....

Reaction Score
"[The UConn offer] didn't come naturally," Gordon told the Star-Telegram. "I had to work really hard to where I'm at. I was a late bloomer as opposed to a lot of other players. I didn't expect it. I thought [UConn coach Geno Auriemma] was going to see me play one or two more times. I'm proud of it."

What a sweet and honest girl.

Reaction Score
"Going there will get me out of my comfort zone and I am all into getting out of my comfort zone because I know he (UConn coach Geno Auriemma) will make me into the best player I can be.”

Not to worry, Lexi: Geno will definitely help you with that!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm just seeing this. Is this true people?
All true my friend. Better, since for the first time UConn has recruited a Texas native that has played with and enjoyed the company of other coveted young Texas WBB players. Some of which have been on the fence about UConn. This could, to mix metaphors, be the very tip of tapping a very deep Texas geyser.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Thanks. I don't get that with my Directv subscription but sometimes this channel shows up on the split screen showing what is available on different channels.
Not true, me thinks... check 221.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
My apologies for the interruption and going off-topic, but can we nominate arty155's post for "Post of the Day?" A Flash Gordon reference in a basketball forum? Awesome!!!!

#ClassicMovie
#SoBadItsGood

Don't knock Flash Gordon... My favorite serial movie series from the 40's and repeated on early tv in the 50's. I may be one of a handful who has the series (along with Tim Tyler) on DVD much to the chagrin of my kids and grandkids who wouldn't be caught dead watching them. :)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
She will be the second Texan to play for Auriemma. The first is senior All-American point guard Moriah Jefferson. During her stay, Gordon had discussions with players who had traveled far to come to UConn.

"I spoke to both Moriah and Katie Lou Samuelson, but a lot to Moriah because we do come from the same area," Gordon said. "She said it would be hard, but it makes you grow up and gets you out of your comfort zone. She said it was the best decision she's made and look at the player and person that she's become."

https://www.sny.tv/uconn/news/recruit-gordon-uconn-auriemma-will-bring-out-the-best-in-me/164989476

Reaction Score
She will be the second Texan to play for Auriemma. The first is senior All-American point guard Moriah Jefferson. During her stay, Gordon had discussions with players who had traveled far to come to UConn.

"I spoke to both Moriah and Katie Lou Samuelson, but a lot to Moriah because we do come from the same area," Gordon said. "She said it would be hard, but it makes you grow up and gets you out of your comfort zone. She said it was the best decision she's made and look at the player and person that she's become."

https://www.sny.tv/uconn/news/recruit-gordon-uconn-auriemma-will-bring-out-the-best-in-me/164989476

Just read a couple articles on sny.tv about Lexi and I have a question for people who have seen her play, either live or in video replay. I don't know how good Lexi is going to be but how can you be a pure shooter and only shoot 36 percent from the floor ?

Gordon averaged 24.7 points (shooting 36 percent from floor, 32 percent from 3-point land, and 80 percent from the foul line) along with 9.5 rebounds and 1.8 steals as a junior to lead L.D. Bell to a 20-11 record.

"Lexi's a pure shooter and does a great job of impacting the game with her ability to score," Pembleton said.

Reaction Score
Lexi scores in the post, and coming off screens shooting 3. I could see Geno use her like he used Maya, as an undersized 4. She does have a work ethic that's out of this world tho so you can bet her ball handling will improve.

Reaction Score
Just read a couple articles on sny.tv about Lexi and I have a question for people who have seen her play, either live or in video replay. I don't know how good Lexi is going to be but how can you be a pure shooter and only shoot 36 percent from the floor ?

Gordon averaged 24.7 points (shooting 36 percent from floor, 32 percent from 3-point land, and 80 percent from the foul line) along with 9.5 rebounds and 1.8 steals as a junior to lead L.D. Bell to a 20-11 record.

"Lexi's a pure shooter and does a great job of impacting the game with her ability to score," Pembleton said.
I will take a shot at this one. Maybe the numbers are low because of the difficulty in many of her shots due to her team not being as strong as it had been in her first 2 seasons on the team. May have had to take contested deep 2's.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Just read a couple articles on sny.tv about Lexi and I have a question. How can you be a pure shooter and only shoot 36 percent from the floor ?

Well, maybe she's not a pure shooter after all. :rolleyes: So would that make her some sort of an impure shooter? Polluted shooter? Contaminated? Lewd? Dirty? . . . . .:eek:

Reaction Score
We will have 6 scholarships open that season. With AEH and Gordon that means 2 of the 6 are taken... 4 left.
I would think he goes with 2 more...maybe 3 and have a class of 5....
The following year he will have four graduate and have 1-2 openings... so he could have 6 scholarships for the class of 18.
I would love to see a couple of players of great height ;)

Reaction Score
I will take a shot at this one. Maybe the numbers are low because of the difficulty in many of her shots due to her team not being as strong as it had been in her first 2 seasons on the team. May have had to take contested deep 2's.

May be so, but how do you determine someone being a pure shooter when they only make 36% of their shot ? Someone like Diamond DeShields for example is shooting 38.5% from the floor this season, probably against better competition and some people think she is not very good.

Reaction Score
A perfect example of the "Rich" getting "Richer". ;)
Lexi apparently wants to be One of the Best. I like her attitude. A go-getter...
She seems to be what UConn is all about. I love kids like this (Yes, I'm old)....
It's great that UConn seems to draw players that are talented and sweet and DRIVEN! Girls that want nothing better than to be pushed to be the best that they can be and realize that Storrs, Conn. is the place that can happen with Geno and company ready, willing and able to help. That is assuming that the recruit can continue to strive and work endlessly toward that goal.

Reaction Score

It's so wonderful that UConn gets kids that are talented and willing to work both on the court and in the classroom to be the best that they can be. Then when the really special ones end up being mini-recruiters themselves by passing along how their experience in Storrs has worked for them in making all aspects of their college experience truly memorable. That type of testimony from someone that has achieved so much exposure and notoriety and who only a few years before was in exactly the same situation you are presently really makes a mammoth impression. MoJeff and before her players like Maya and KML have spread the word and have helped make it that much easier for the staff to reach viable recruits who have the right attributes. Great stuff, indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom