Lexi Will Be A Husky! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lexi Will Be A Husky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HGN

Reaction Score
Maybe she can help recruit Charli Collier now? 6'4" #2 ranking 2018.
Rocky , that's a good thought............ Certainly won't hurt if she puts in a good word to Charli Collier. Now if we can pry Collier out of Texas it will let Texas , Texas A&M , and Baylor know that they may be in Texas but they don't quite own the State yet.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I posted from my phone so the process is somewhat slower and I didn't see the other thread. Sorry if my enthusiasm annoyed you.
Can one of the mods please combine these threads. Thanks
No annoyance. Today pure joy!

Reaction Score
Don't know about Collier but Gordon and Christyn Williams are very close friends. It was no coincidence that UConn had them come to Storrs the same weekend.
As noted on some other boards, it does not seem to be a coincidence. We'll see how it plays out.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
For her to personally call all the coaches and let them know her decision before tweeting..... that to me speaks volumes about the type of kid she is. Very impressed by that alone. I haven't watched a second of video on her but that right there is a UConn kid through and through.

Reaction Score
Lexi on why she chose UConn

Some things are assumed when it comes to playing for Geno Auriemma and the Connecticut Huskies. The expectations just seem to be higher when a single loss is a shock to fan base and coaching staff. But it was an unofficial visit to Connecticut that dispelled some of the supposition for Lexi Gordon and led to her choosing the Huskies for her college career.

“The moment I got on to campus I loved it,” Gordon, the No. 19 prospect in the ELITE 100, said. “I love what they're about, their history. I believe they won't only shape me into the best basketball player I can possibly be but person as well.”

MORE...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
We are headed towards a tipping point for recruiting in Texas. I cannot overstate how important it is to convince Texas girls that Storrs is the right destination for them to spend thr I college careers. Moriah was a phenomenal start to recruiting Lone Star girls, and Lexi Gordon may help Geno and Company move Uconn forward in this regard.

With the bevy of talent coming from the state of Texas, recruiting that state couldn't be more critical. Now, we're starting to see a small portion of those kids make it to Uconn! This is a big deal! Welcome Lexi!

Reaction Score
Love having Lexi aboard. Come on Charli Collier, join her. We will be playing plenty of games in Texas (Houston and SMU are locks because we will never get out of the AAC) and Baylor is locked in now that Stewie and Mo are leaving and they are no longer afraid. So the family can see 3 games a year in state and the rest on TV. Let's go Charli!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Love having Lexi aboard. Come on Charli Collier, join her. We will be playing plenty of games in Texas (Houston and SMU are locks because we will never get out of the AAC) and Baylor is locked in now that Stewie and Mo are leaving and they are no longer afraid. So the family can see 3 games a year in state and the rest on TV. Let's go Charli!
Let's get Jade Williams '17 in the fold first then Charli '18 & Chrystin Williams-Arkansas but close enough to Texas right?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't really follow recruiting. Can someone who does, tell us how big this is? Beside just posting her ranking, I mean.

Reaction Score
As great as Geno and staff are with coaching they are even better as recruiters!!!! Just UConn being UConn!!!! What a great addition to the UConn family!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
YES !!!!!! If it wasn't so early in the morning would go have a drink. But Lunch is in 2 hours.

Welcome Lexi.

Hey HGN, When you do, have one for me too. Today is a great day!!. THIS is the kind of news I was hoping to see. I just logged on 2 minutes ago. Maybe Lexi's decision to come here will cause others to join her. I said earlier this week that it's our turn to get a coveted recruit or two. I'm feelin' pretty good right now. Real Good!! Welcome home Lexi. You're in a good place. :)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I don't really follow recruiting. Can someone who does, tell us how big this is? Beside just posting her ranking, I mean.
You almost never know how good a HS junior will actually be when she gets to college, but based on rankings you can get some sense of potential - she has been climbing the rankings and expanding her game and profile as some of the above tweets suggest - she is top twenty now and could well rise further and the coaches like her. Beyond that ...
Getting any elite recruit out of TX is not easy as they have three 'local' elite programs in TAMU, Baylor, and TX and a number of other decent programs in state, and a lot of elite programs much closer than CT - so getting a second recruit from TX is a nice bonus and the first one certainly was a success. And getting an early recruit commitment is always important as it begins to set the 'floor' for the 2017 recruiting class. With two in hand now, we know 2017 will be a decent class (top ten), and with a few more it would be a top three class nationally. Knowing the choice was between three TX schools two of which are really elite level, and that we succeeded is also a good indicator of our 'recruiting strength'.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It is as big as the state of Texas metaphorically speaking. For the recruiting classes 16-18 there has been a significant amount of the top level talent concentrated in Texas and so far UCONN has been shut out until now.
Specific to Lexi's class there is a high concentration of skilled wing players. Lexi calls herself a late Bloomer and as one talent evaluator said she improved more in one year than any player he's ever seen. For some reason UCONN targeted Gordon as the wing to have in this class. Skill wise she is comparable to Greenwell at Duke for (long range shooting) or Victoria Vivians MSU (same body type and ability to score & defend multiple positions 1-4) or even Kayla McBride formerly of ND ( in that you can build you offense around her). UCONN will not build an offense around her but she will contribute a good deal of offense and not hurt you on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom