Lagow going home... | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Lagow going home...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
yeesh man, I didn't look at exactly what the link was for, just thought it was relevant to the post, NOT COOL clicking that at work!! :)

Hey don't blame me. There's nothing there that you can't find on the cover of any of the magazines in grocery store check out line.....not that I've looked.......

Reaction Score
My apologies to the commonality of the greater good for posting something that may have gotten a worker somewhere in trouble with their boss for clicking on it.

(Begs to ask - that if you're working, and reading and writing here.........that's ok...but opening a link is not?)

Or maybe that's one of those questions that should go unasked.

So - having that cleared up. Please click on the following link at your own peril. (to the powers that be of the commonality of the greater good of the boneyard community - to my knowledge there is nothing explicit on this link, that cannot be found on the cover of your regular magazines found at the grocery store check out line - if said link is deemed improper by the powers that be, please remove accordingly, and I will present, virtually, for flogging out behind the virtual shed)

https://twitter.com/UConnBoobs

P.S. I hope whoever runs the account appreciates the new traffic, and that maybe, just maybe we can focus on the fact that tomorrow marks the official first day of game week.

Reaction Score
and if that's not enough, I'm reminded of the story of Sir Galahad and the true meaning of temptation - a sketch from the Holy Grail. Please click the following video with caution, it's quite perilous. Thanks to Waquoit for playing the role of Sir Lancelot.

Reaction Score
Sometimes being overstocked can be a good thing. While I'm no Thunderchicken fan, the denizons of 'Nut Hill think fondly of a qb that was 4th on the depth chart to start his freshman training camp & emerged to a CFL & NFL career. As Doug Flutie proved, the cream rises to the top..
I wish Richard Lagow the best in his future endeavors. I thank him for his interest in UConn football. I hope that his transfer doesn't impeed future UConn recruiting in Texas.
coach, there are clearly unique individual and situations. Though Flutie's exploits were pretty well know in high school before he went to BCU. I mean how many kids have you seen hit a field goal with time expiring for the win who have never kicked in a game before? Sure, Lagow might have been turned out to be great. But one of the reasons those stories are so well known is they are so rare. Not sure how his situation impedes UConn's ability to recruit in Texas any more than if he had sat on the bench for 5 years behind Heisman candidate Boyle, though.

Reaction Score
I don't believe in any of the conspiracies, but if you told me Boyle's late signing was contingent on not redshirting as pushed by the CTHS community, then I've heard wackier theories.

But, long term getting kids from the deeper Texas pool is more important than appeasing the HS coaches for one kid, so I think it's bunk.

If I knew I was sitting out a year then had 50/50 or less shot at the starting job AND had other options AND wanted to be closer to home, I would transfer before classes started.

It's his life, and it's not ours to judge. Especially, given the situation doesn't hurt the program at all.

In am of the opinion that had Boyle not flipped the staff would have brought in a 2nd anyway ... Lagow +1. Boyle flipped, but the staff still would have stayed at just 2, Boyle + Lagow, if Lagow would have stayed committed. Lagow waffled and the staff needed to pursue a 3rd in case Lagow stayed home. P had no choice but to offer Taylor on signing day, Lagow's options disappeared, so Lagow decided to come anyway hoping to at least be #4. Taylor opened eyes in camp, Lagow slips to #5, and he decided to review different options. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it.

I have no inside knowledge and I wish the kid and his family all the best. Sometimes the decision making process can get pretty complicated and you just have to do what's best for you.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
.... Taylor opened eyes in camp, Lagow slips to #5, and he decided to review different options. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it...

My thinking is the same. Boyle was one thing but Boyle and Taylor is another. I can only base it on the one practice I saw, but Taylor looks the role of a QB. I guess I was expecting a Tebow kind of dude.

Reaction Score
Good luck to ya Richie Lagow sorry things didn't work out for you here in the east!I wish you the best wherever you land! Classy kid.

Reaction Score
Wow. I'm shocked at what I'm reading. Perhaps I'm a bit of a literalist.

When I see the words UCONN and , I think of well - UCONN and .

I'm sorry everybody, when I read those two words for the first time, I wasn't thinking about any of you online boneyarders - furthest thing from my mind. .

I will come right out and say it...perhaps maybe some of you need to get out a bit more into the sunlight. I have images of naked mole rat looking kind of people sitting in booths and closed up rooms in front of computer screens....yuck.......

I'm going outside for a spell.......

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
In am of the opinion that had Boyle not flipped the staff would have brought in a 2nd anyway ... Lagow +1. Boyle flipped, but the staff still would have stayed at just 2, Boyle + Lagow, if Lagow would have stayed committed. Lagow waffled and the staff needed to pursue a 3rd in case Lagow stayed home. P had no choice but to offer Taylor on signing day, Lagow's options disappeared, so Lagow decided to come anyway hoping to at least be #4. Taylor opened eyes in camp, Lagow slips to #5, and he decided to review different options. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it.

I have no inside knowledge and I wish the kid and his family all the best. Sometimes the decision making process can get pretty complicated and you just have to do what's best for you.

Agreed. Lagow hinted at weighing his options as soon as Boyle committed. The program had no choice but to cover themselves. I don't know what Lagow's recruiter promised him, but he seemed pretty comfortable that he was going to be the only QB in this class.

At this point, it is what it is. I don't know if it is the best thing for him or if it is right choice. No one will find that out for about 5 years. I do hope that, in the end, Richard Lagow makes the best of the consequences of his actions.

Reaction Score
That was fast. Looks like he is going to OK State.
Richard Lagow@RichardLagow
new home! #gopokes pic.twitter.com/4Dp3WcHdL0
BSNXQamCMAArvEA.jpg:large

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
The kid's no longer a member of our Football Team or our University.

How long until we can take all the Lagow threads to the Cess Pool?

Reaction Score
I take back my classy kid comment!I understand being homesick and his letter gave the impression of impulse but now I wonder if I smell tampering?

Reaction Score
How good is our stable of QBs if he has a better chance at seeing the field in the pass happy B12?

Again, best of luck to him.

#beattowson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member