Lagow going home... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Lagow going home...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good luck to Richard and his family. Something that surprised me after early practice reports was the positive reviews of Kivon Taylor which meant a really crowded field at QB. The fact that Rich wasn't given much time in the open practice raised more red flags. He obviously didn't come here to sit on the sidelines. There are years when the injury bug can really shake things up and that was the reason I was hoping that he would stick things out but he made his decision early so the train keeps rolling.

Reaction Score
I got whaler's back on this one. I honestly don't care why Lagow, Jasudowich (a CT kid, who has players from all over in his position group) or anyone else chooses to leave the program. If a kid voluntarily ups and goes, I wish them luck, and support them in their decision. I hope the experience was good, and that it leads to positive changes and growth for the future.

WHen players are involuntarily gone becuase they are knucklehead pot smokers, or pick pockets, or whatever - then I care, b/c that's not good positive stuff.

As for the other nonsense, look what an idiotic comment about player positioning decisions on a depth chart has drawn out of the woodwork. There are people out there, that write on this website, that seem to be more excited to see the 2013 UCONN football program fail - than they are to see it succeed.

THat makes me want to take my Louisville slugger out.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hard to say, but I trust his decision and his parents over our coach. Sad, but true. Do you really think this kid got enough reps or was considered under this fool coach's 'play not to lose'. (Certainly not win) philosophy?
Edsall was Rockne compared to him

I can't stand Pasqualoni as a coach. The first two seasons have been an absolute debacle.

Yet I can read comments about him that are so wildly insane that I find myself defending him.

The coach dealt with the signing day drama and still gave him a scholarship, but then turned him off with a play not to lose philosophy - without ever playing a frigging game. You know where you get fewer reps? Sitting at home.

Reaction Score
He hesitated to sign with us, especially after we took Boyle. He wanted to honor his commitment and he did. But, maybe he came for the wrong reason - not to let us down. He honored some nebulous commitment to "compete through summer camp" and felt that it was done.

Had nothing to do with coaches, playing time etc. Ridiculous to think that P put CT kids ahead of him. This was almost preplanned.

Good luck Richard.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The "local" QB angle is probably a bit of face-saving. What's the big deal? I don't think it's worth both barrels.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Anyone else have deja vu? Someone with inside information about Lagow and whaler being determined to disprove their information?

I think there was a similar thread in February...

Reaction Score
Who is Emily Noonan?
His sister
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377049600.061419.jpg

Reaction Score
If this is true (and I have no reason to believe that it isn't)

There is less reason to believe that it is true, unless you believe that Alabama, who signed a max class of 25 and whose last commits were Reuben Foster, Alvin Kamara, Dee Liner and A'Shawn Robinson, was holding a spot open for Lagow at the expense of one of them.

Reaction Score
I've always preferred blondes but she does look good holding a microphone like that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There is less reason to believe that it is true, unless you believe that Alabama, who signed a max class of 25 and whose last commits were Reuben Foster, Alvin Kamara, Dee Liner and A'Shawn Robinson, was holding a spot open for Lagow at the expense of one of them.

It's crazy what people will believe in the face of evidence.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I wish Richard Lagow well wherever he ends up. He is a class act and a super young man.

I will say this now. I think Boyle is UCONN next quarterback sometime in the near future. He has what you look for in a quarterback.

Reaction Score
Anyone else have deja vu? Someone with inside information about Lagow and whaler being determined to disprove their information?

Really...I don't recall. :cool:

Good luck to Rich.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Listen you can beat on me if you choose to:

My clear point in February was that he didn't want to compete.

Six months later he quit... Because he wasn't up to compete.

So if there is something I missed I'm sure you can point it out. My insincere apologies for identifying the elephant in the room.

Reaction Score
I was waiting for whaler to tell us how wrong we all were and how right he was (kinda like Mike Francesa)
He doesn't like local kids but then he does. Keep your angst to the Karminos' or whoever took the whalers to Carolina.

The kid is 18 and 2000 miles away from home and decided to throw his chips in. (Yes I would've liked to see him play it out another year).
But, I'm not him or his father! ... and I think Boyle better be worried about the kid we signed (when we ALL said who?) back in February.
Except maybe Whaler who knows it all!

Reaction Score
Listen you can beat on me if you choose to:

My clear point in February was that he didn't want to compete.

Six months later he quit... Because he wasn't up to compete.

So if there is something I missed I'm sure you can point it out. My insincere apologies for identifying the elephant in the room.

That is a rather harsh take on the situation, the reality is he did compete, lost, and decided to seek opportunity elsewhere, it happens all the time with QB's. It is the exact same thing Whitmer did when he left Illinois and Frazer did when he left ND, Lorenzen also transferred from Iowa State seeking greener pastures. I guess last year's Super Bowl MVP didn't want to compete when he left Pitt.

Lagow did nothing wrong and there is no elephant in the room, you are hallucinating.

Reaction Score
I wanted to make sure that I honored my commitment to make it through summer camp. He did and went home.

This was planned since he signed the LOI. He may have been the better of the three. We will never know.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That is a rather harsh take on the situation, the reality is he did compete, lost, and decided to seek opportunity elsewhere, it happens all the time with QB's. It is the exact same thing Whitmer did when he left Illinois and Frazer did when he left ND, Lorenzen also transferred from Iowa State seeking greener pastures. I guess last year's Super Bowl MVP didn't want to compete when he left Pitt.

Lagow did nothing wrong and there is no elephant in the room, you are hallucinating.

He gave up before they got started. It was 3 weeks. That isn't competing.

Reaction Score
To me it's pretty simple-you don't want someone who doesn't like to compete and want to be here possibly being your QB.

Glad this happened now. Instead of when the team was counting on him to perform.

I guess the signing day drama was a warning sign.

pj

Reaction Score
I wish him the best in life, he's a quality QB and a quality young man. I think he could have succeeded here but I think he can succeed elsewhere, the key is to find a place where he can give his all without misgivings and second thoughts. I wonder if his family's wealth may have been a harmful thing, it made him (or his family) get too preoccupied with their various options and detracted from giving his all to one course. But, only the Lagows know their thinking. I am glad he gave UConn a shot and hope wherever he lands is the best place for him and allows him to fulfill his dreams. I'll still follow his career and root for him. As someone said, once a Husky, always a Husky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom