Lagow going home... | The Boneyard

Lagow going home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Per his twitter.

Shoot...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Ugh. I honestly can't say I'm shocked given how the signing day fiasco went down, but definitely very disheartening news.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What's the opposite of shocked?

Reaction Score
If you couldn't see this coming a week ago you weren't paying attention. He is behind every other QB on the depth chart from all subtle indications. I don't know if he should be or not, but it sure seems that way.

Reaction Score
On another note, this makes me more confident in the young QB's we still have.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Well, that's unexpected, but still not a complete shock. Sounds like he decided if he wasn't #3 by end of camp it might be time to consider his options. He had some tweets a few days after he moved into Storrs about homesickness, so I'd wager that's a factor here.

Reaction Score
Hoop, can you fill those of us in who obviously happened to miss what occurred a week ago? I had a feeling it was CW, CC, and then the rest.

Reaction Score
Wish nothing but the best of luck to him... I hope he succeeds at the highest levels (as long as it's not against UConn :)).

Reaction Score
I wonder if he would/could go to SMU. Didnt his old man play there?

Reaction Score
Wow I'm honestly surprised and disappointed. All I can say is the only constant is change and situations change. Funny coach P just got through praising all 3 of the new guys. Guess he felt he wanted more reps right now. GL in the future Richard.

Reaction Score
All indicators from Dez, fans at open practice and PP have been that Lagow got the least snaps yet looked pretty good, but not as good as the others. Check out this quote from Coach P:

"Casey Cochran, mentally right now is a little bit ahead. Timmy Boyle is working in there. Kivon Taylor from Grady High school down in Atlanta is working in there and Richard Lagow from Plano (Texas). I don't know that I've ever been in a situation where we signed three quarterbacks and all three of them are really good players."

Reaction Score
You have to be kidding. Why ??

For non- twitter folks - classy.

image.jpg

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Would have to sit two years.
If I read the AAC policy correctly, it's one year, but you lose an additional year of eligibility. So he could play in 2014 after sitting out 2013, but would only have 2 years to play.

Reaction Score
I think he just saw the writing on the wall. That's perfectly fine. It means that Richard thinks we have some talent at QB and that is good for us. I am happy for him that he made the decision quickly and didn't waste years agonizing over it and wasting eligibility. I hope he does very well elsewhere.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If I read the AAC policy correctly, it's one year, but you lose an additional year of eligibility. So he could play in 2014 after sitting out 2013, but would only have 2 years to play.

Which is the same outcome as sitting 2 years if that's the interpretation.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Kids these damn days want nothing but instant gratification. Either there is something seriously wrong with the program (and I'm not ruling this out), or these kids (Lagow and Cory J) need to be taught that you have to earn things of value in this life. I am disappointed, but glad he quit now instead of later. Two kids that quit the team 3 weeks into camp....shaking my head.

Reaction Score
Boyle it is. Or Taylor. Or Cochran. One good/bad thing about competition-there has to be winners and losers.

I'm disappointed about Lagow. But then again, what a testament to the 3 studs still standing.

UConn looks to have an embarrassment of riches at the most important position on the field. Hopefully Lagow finds a school that suits him.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Kids these damn days want nothing but instant gratification. Either there is something seriously wrong with the program (and I'm not ruling this out), or these kids (Lagow and Cory J) need to be taught that you have to earn things of value in this life. I am disappointed, but glad he quit now instead of later. Two kids that quit the team 3 weeks into camp....shaking my head.

when is that dislike link going to be installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom