Who Wins Lady Vols or Texas

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Good Win by Texas. Made the game closer then it should have been because of missed free throws and turnovers late in the game. IF the Lady Vols had made the layup after getting a steal to make it a two point game, the results might have been different. Vols missed the shot and that took the air out of the game for the Lady Vols. Lady Vols shot 30% for the game.

Box Score: http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400820972

Glad my prediction about Texas losing this game was wrong, but they tried until making Free Throws down the stretch.

38 voters in the Poll predicted a Texas Wins vs 14 for a Lady Vols win.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
It's funny to hear how critical Peck thinks TENN missed layups were. Texas could have won this by 20+ if they didn't leave so many points on the floor in missed layups and free throws.
It's funny to hear how critical Peck thinks TENN missed layups were. Texas could have won this by 20+ if they didn't leave so many points on the floor in missed layups and free throws.
It seemed like a game where both teams were trying their best to lose. I have not seen Notre Dame yet, but all the top rated teams look pretty weak to me.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
sarals24 said:
Ha! I heard that and rewound just to make sure that's what she said. That's hilarious.

Heard the same thing and thought I was mistaken!

T

TroyHouse66

Tenn vs Texas
Took a lazy... Giants blacked out... Sunday and watched the entire Orange/Burnt Orange contest.
We,I'm afraid, are spoiled by only watching UConn games.
This is the first time in YEARS! that I watched bb Centers walk nonchalantly up the court when the ball changed possession.
(And I mean BOTH teams' post players. Even if you're only a decoy on offense.. you can't leave your team playing 4 on 5!) Coaching? How can you transform a highly touted #1 high school AA center into a loafer-part time rebounder?

6ft-7in doesn't do anything if you are still at 3/4 court when your guards are starting offense at the far foul line. (Thank you... Tina... Stef... Heather... Kiah...)

Reaction Score
It seemed like a game where both teams were trying their best to lose. I have not seen Notre Dame yet, but all the top rated teams look pretty weak to me.

One team doesn't.

Reaction Score
DeShields took 22 shots today (out of the team 69) and got 24 points. Yesterday, Stewie got 25 points on 11 shots (out of the team 62). Therein lies the issue.

I was just going to post the same thing.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
We've entered the anticipated "new"DeShields era in UTenn basketball.
The savior of the team
I actually didn't see the game;( I'm out with friends)...that pleasure will have to await this evening.
But I checked out the box.
Diamond scored a reputable 24 points, had a bunch of boards
The rest of the team scored 29 (if my counting on my fingers is correct).
Now if they can get her production up to 50 or 60, they may compete successfully against
the better teams.
I'm sure they'll work on that in practice.
The 2 starting guards were a combined 4 for 22 and missed all their 3-point shots...that's something under 20%
They also had one assist apiece
The UConn defense would be hard pressed to get a better result
I anticipate that Margo will have some interesting observations this evening
I await with bated breath.
This is a top-5 team?

Maybe...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
VolNation fans struggling to accept the Lady Vols will not be at the FF for yet another year.

After five games TN has out scored their opponents by a total of 9 points. That is an average of less than 2 points against less than great competition.

Reaction Score
She's complaining about the refs now - called a charge on TN and called a block on TN on the other end. Got pretty excited a bout the 'bad' charge call. Then later they had a little discussion about how they have a better angle the refs, replay, etc, and the refs are doing a good job after all. I got the feeling someone whispered in her ear and told her to knock it off.
One of the benefits of being deaf--I don't have to listen to Pecks stupid, ignorant, chatter any longer. Old time announcers allowed the Refs to make most of the decision---in Baseball there were always second guessing--but Peck brings this to a science.. AS usual in the beginning of each new BB season the REF's become more visible in games--then it tapers off to the NCAA finals, and the teams are allowed to play.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Texas was pretty sloppy but atleast they kind if knew what they wanted to do at the offensive end. They pushed when they knew TN wasn't gonna get back and their posts had a few good interior passes to each other as well as the guards made some good cross court passes at times. I hate to say it but TN looked completely lost on offense. They looked like they didn't have a clue what to do. Everyone was just standing there. Then someone would try a one on one move and crash the boards. I honestly can't say I saw any sort of plan or thought process in action at all on the offensive end for TN. Well, atleast nothing that was readily identifiable. There were two things that shocked me in this game. With about 2 minutes to play Holly was screaming to her team to move the ball and no one was paying attention to her. Then a about a minute later theres a time out, they are down I believe 6 at that point. They are huddled up. The players are talking to each other and pointing at the clip board and Holly is just standing there. She isn't saying a word. One of her assistants comes over to her and says something then the horn blows to get the teams back in the court. TN is to inbound the ball.... They turn it over. I was staring at the screen like... What is going on?!?!

Reaction Score
We've entered the anticipated "new"DeShields era in UTenn basketball.
The savior of the team
I actually didn't see the game;( I'm out with friends)...that pleasure will have to await this evening.
But I checked out the box.
Diamond scored a reputable 24 points, had a bunch of boards
The rest of the team scored 29 (if my counting on my fingers is correct).
Now if they can get her production up to 50 or 60, they may compete successfully against
the better teams.
I'm sure they'll work on that in practice.
The 2 starting guards were a combined 4 for 22 and missed all their 3-point shots...that's something under 20%
They also had one assist apiece
The UConn defense would be hard pressed to get a better result
I anticipate that Margo will have some interesting observations this evening
I await with bated breath.
This is a top-5 team?

Maybe...
If either TX or Tn played TEAM BB, TX played more as a team in the second half--Still their Bigs were, while doing better, not as they should.
Diamond limped a lot. Started slow but became a good scorer--the kid can shoot. No Stewie or Jefferson or Gabby on either team.
Stopped eating fish??? Now more into BATS????

Reaction Score
DeShields took 22 shots today (out of the team 69) and got 24 points. Yesterday, Stewie got 25 points on 11 shots (out of the team 62). Therein lies the issue.
That left 11 extra shots for other Huskies. Assuming an ineffecient 11 points from those other shots that means Stewie effectively scored 50% more than DD.

Reaction Score
VolNation fans struggling to accept the Lady Vols will not be at the FF for yet another year.

After five games TN has out scored their opponents by a total of 9 points. That is an average of less than 2 points against less than great competition.

and all at home.

Reaction Score
That left 11 extra shots for other Huskies. Assuming an ineffecient 11 points from those other shots that means Stewie effectively scored 50% more than DD.
Like your name---Not arguing, us arrogant (me too) UConn fans must remember there is only ONE STEWIE!!!

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I didn't watch any of the game but just looked at the box score.

Interesting that TN committed 23 fouls to 22 by TX, but the Longhorns took 16 more free throws.

Reaction Score
How long until DeS quits on this team? I don't mean transfers but rather simply gives up trying.
If her limping is for real, and why not(??), the question remains will she remain physically able to play the arduous Div Schedule for the next 3 years?? She does not move (without the ball) quickly up or down the court. Is there any chatter on her health.???

T

TroyHouse66

BroadVay <<UConn fans must remember there is only ONE STEWIE!!!>>

Or as one person suggested when Wilt Chamberlain left KansasU....
"If you cut 'em in half... you'd have two d-mn fine guards..."

Reaction Score
BroadVay <<UConn fans must remember there is only ONE STEWIE!!!>>

Or as one person suggested when Wilt Chamberlain left KansasU....
"If you cut 'em in half... you'd have two d-mn fine guards..."

With "the Stilt" I only remember the number 20,000. He was fun to watch, in college or as a pro.
Wilt was exceptionally tall for even his era and it worked for him. Stewie's success is talent, athleticism, and determination--which makes her 10 feet tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom