Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 676 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Your information was very similar to Greg Flugar’s info (he nailed this story), but he always has AZ, ASU and Utah ahead of us. Greg always said pieces had to fall a certain way for us to get an invite (meaning the other schools would have to decline). His information came from an ASU “money perch”. I have no idea where you were getting your information, but it seems that the presidents may have been thinking differently than Yormark all along. This why I continue to be concerned. They may never share his vision of UCONN and an east coast presence. I believe that would be shortsighted on their part, but it is certainly a possibility.
They had an opportunity to kill the PAC and they took it. It eliminates a competitor for media dollars. Does anybody really think Yormark and UConn aren't still talking?

Reaction Score
UConn hasn't had an out of the box thought since Calhoun went with a big on big double team against Duke in '99.

Benedict may have a real plan here, but previous administrations weren't even playing checkers in realignment...they were playing Legos with marbles and toothpicks.

UConn is still recovering.

Sorry, how many other schools had two bigs that they could switch out like cogs to give each other rest and stay fresh?

Oh, just UConn? Cool.

Reaction Score
Colorado’s football program has been a dumpster fire for its entire existence. So you are wrong.
Regardless if right or wrong. But if you ask 100 random people who has a better football program Colorado or Uconn. 98 of them will say Colorado.

GG

Reaction Score
They had an opportunity to kill the PAC and they took it. It eliminates a competitor for media dollars. Does anybody really think Yormark and UConn aren't still talking?
I believe they are, I just don’t want to get my hopes up again. Do you think he just wants us for bball? Although, I think we would have to seriously consider that, it’s certainly a disappointment.

Reaction Score
They won a national football championship in 1990... I wouldn't say entire...
And what a team that was. Many of them with criminal records. It's well known and publicized that because the coach's daughter slept with a number of the players, the coach started an organization teaching men how to be men, which lead to the Promisekeepers and the million man march on Washington. That was one of the most memorable teams in the history of college football for this and many other reasons.

Reaction Score
I believe they are, I just don’t want to get my hopes up again. Do you think he just wants us for bball? Although, I think we would have to seriously consider that, it’s certainly a disappointment.
UConn is not going unless football is a part of it. It could be phased in with a schedule agreement, but no way they say yes without full membership being a part of it.

GG

Reaction Score
UConn is not going unless football is a part of it. It could be phased in with a schedule agreement, but no way they say yes without full membership being a part of it.
Thanks. These Gonzaga/UCONN rumors are confusing me. It seems like they have such a presence in the West Coast that it doesn’t make sense to go and grab more teams out west. And you have for Cincinnati, UCF and West Virginia sort of it out on an island.

Reaction Score
Regardless if right or wrong. But if you ask 100 random people who has a better football program Colorado or Uconn. 98 of them will say Colorado.
Plus now they have Prime, along with all the attention he brings. And however you feel about him, I believe he’s going to turn that program around quick.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
And what a team that was. Many of them with criminal records. It's well known and publicized that because the coach's daughter slept with a number of the players, the coach started an organization teaching men how to be men, which lead to the Promisekeepers and the million man march on Washington. That was one of the most memorable teams in the history of college football for this and many other reasons.

That Colorado team was paying bounties to Southern California gang leaders for top SoCal talent. The 1990 Colorado team was the worst dumpster fire of all of them.

Reaction Score
Plus now they have Prime, along with all the attention he brings. And however you feel about him, I believe he’s going to turn that program around quick.
I agree that he'll turn them around and bring tons of eyeballs to that program if he does, but I refuse to believe he stays there long term. I think a few successful years at CU and he'll be off to the SEC.

Reaction Score
They might be on facetime right now and Yormark has his fingers crossed behind his back as he is chatting with AD Dave.

Reaction Score
I agree that he'll turn them around and bring tons of eyeballs to that program if he does, but I refuse to believe he stays there long term. I think a few successful years at CU and he'll be off to the SEC.
I think they wanted Colorado anyway, but the splashy football hire sure didn’t hurt, even if he doesn’t stay long

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I do. I just think the conversation sounds something like this:

Benedict: Dude! WTF!! I thought we were in!

Yormark: I'm sorry. I tried but I couldn't get the presidents to bite on you. They'd rather double down on Arizona and Utah than expand to the East Coast.

Benedict: I could've been in freaking Monoco right now! MONOCO!! I stayed here for this deal.

Yormark: I said I'm sorry what else do you want from me?

Benedict: Look, just tell me that we still have a shot to get in!

Yormark: Uhhhh...

Benedict: Brett! Are you kidding me?!

Yormark: No, uh, I'm sure it will be fine. I'll call you.

Benedict: Really?

Yormark: uh... sure. Look, I gotta go...

Reaction Score

Will Lincoln get assassinated at the play?

Reaction Score
We’ve been a premier athletic and academic university for the last 15 years and we’ve been shut out at every single step. That’s why its infuriating. We are watching a bunch of schools who have accomplished 1% of what our university has get thrown life rafts as if they’ve earned it.
It feels like trying to sell a house and you know the true value of your house but the inspector keeps finding problems and knocking down the price to below market price....

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
It feels like trying to sell a house and you know the true value of your house but the inspector keeps finding problems and knocking down the price to below market price....
The opposite…inspectors confirming a good deal (as happened by the ACC and now Big12) and parochial, non-data based nonsense getting in the way.

Reaction Score
#blessed

Reaction Score
I don’t think you go on a PR blitz, talk about basketball, talk about expanding, and saying you have a plan.

Just because we all assumed he meant UConn was a priority now, doesn’t mean he purposely screwed us or flat out lied about his vision.

I don’t know what he told UConn or the promises he made and didn’t keep. I don’t think that because we’re disappointed Uconn wasn’t selected there has to be some unethical or nefarious act.

BY and B12 acted in what they felt was the best interest of their league. We all don’t get it. But that’s what they did.

If we get invite tomorrow, we’re going. So what’s the point in making enemies of everyone/everything B12
LowMark is a con-artist. Our guys aren’t dumb, but con-artists abuse the good faith of others for advantage. Total P.O.S.

Reaction Score

Why does it now feel like you are writing from UConn’s point of view?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom