Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 675 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Keep winning in football and if that UConn KU game in december delivers monster ratings, that might help our case
What conferences look at for realignment

99.9 % football- wins and losses/ prestige/etc

.1 %. Mens basketball.

Just think Stanford probably has the best all around athletic department in college sports. They have no conference currently.
Stanford could be in the Big 12 if they want to be. But they care more about their academic partners than anything else.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yormark is afraid the ACC is going to add UConn and USF before he can find the media money to add 17 and 18.
I know you guys think I'm full of , but thought I'd post it anyway.
Think 17 and 18 are reserved for Cal and Stanford. Only chance the scenario you are now presenting to us even gets considered by B12 schools is if those two schools are off the table.

Reaction Score
Every big east school bar Creighton and DePaul would reject a B12 offer. GT, Nova, St Johns are schools built on tradition
I hear ya but, the PAC 12 schools weren't ? How much money did it take for them to blow up that conference in a week ? (an extra $10 mil per school in most cases?) I've been saying all along that BE/ Indy football is perfect ( money excluded) until it isn't. I just don't trust TV networks and other conferences when they go into destroy mode and see that they can get schools scrambling to pick off the parts. My hope is that Yormark leaves the hoops only plan (Zags, Uconn BB, etc) alone, but when has hoping for a good outcome ever benefited Uconn ?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The future. I mean we can’t continue to negotiate from a position of weakness. Like, just control what we can control. That’s show up to games. That’s recruit well. That’s win. Sen. Murphy got his wish. No it’s time he steps up to ensure UConn’s long term viability.
Ah, the future. Well there you have it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
UCF & USF are drenched in new money, cutting every possible corner, and in the fastest growing areas. Ethics and morals get no play down here. They have turned college into a volume business and its remarkable seeing the growth. Quality of education is not discussed much down here.

And yet USF just got accepted in to AAU.

Reaction Score
UConn hasn't had an out of the box thought since Calhoun went with a big on big double team against Duke in '99.

Benedict may have a real plan here, but previous administrations weren't even playing checkers in realignment...they were playing Legos with marbles and toothpicks.

UConn is still recovering.

Leaving the AAC to go back and going Indy in football was so out of the box that everyone misinterpreted it.

Reaction Score
Yormark doesn’t have to take many schools to cut the heart out of the Big East.

I’m definitely spiraling into conspiracy theory time right now but what if Cooley was a canary in the coal mine?
Don't worry about that - we're all nuckin futz at this point...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Leaving the AAC to go back and going Indy in football was so out of the box that everyone misinterpreted it.
This cannot be understated. While it ended up being a far better move than I ever thought it could have been at the time it happened (and I wouldn't be surprised if the end results have exceeded the expectations of those involved in the decision) I would wager that the narrative after we did this; that we had given up on football, compounded by the inept product RE put on the field while he was here when we were an indy, played a massive role in our getting bypassed by the four corner schools in the B-12's most recent expansion.

Reaction Score
Think 17 and 18 are reserved for Cal and Stanford. Only chance the scenario you are now presenting to us even gets considered by B12 schools is if those two schools are off the table.
It's so funny that they're adding a bunch of schools from a conference that broke up because media partners didn't value the schools.

They're taking the 3rd most stable conference and following the lead of the conference that just imploded

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What conferences look at for realignment

99.9 % football- wins and losses/ prestige/etc

.1 %. Mens basketball.

Just think Stanford probably has the best all around athletic department in college sports. They have no conference currently.

Colorado’s football program has been a dumpster fire for its entire existence. So you are wrong.

Reaction Score
Stanford will go independent in football before joining the B12. Cal might be tempted, but they probably prefer to stay with Stanford if possible.

GG

Reaction Score
Yormark is afraid the ACC is going to add UConn and USF before he can find the media money to add 17 and 18.
I know you guys think I'm full of , but thought I'd post it anyway.
I don’t. I appreciate that you provided us with information that you thought was correct. What concerns me is whether the university president actually share Yormark’s vision.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's so funny that they're adding a bunch of schools from a conference that broke up because media partners didn't value the schools.

They're taking the 3rd most stable conference and following the lead of the conference that just imploded
Unless the media colluded to destroy that conference.

GG

Reaction Score
To block the Big 12 from the northeast. Phillips even said some expansion could be done to block another conference. The Big 12 can't add 17 and 18 without a new media partner.
Your information was very similar to Greg Flugar’s info (he nailed this story), but he always has AZ, ASU and Utah ahead of us. Greg always said pieces had to fall a certain way for us to get an invite (meaning the other schools would have to decline). His information came from an ASU “money perch”. I have no idea where you were getting your information, but it seems that the presidents may have been thinking differently than Yormark all along. This why I continue to be concerned. They may never share his vision of UCONN and an east coast presence. I believe that would be shortsighted on their part, but it is certainly a possibility.

GG

Reaction Score
We should be nobody’s 17th or 18th choice. I have no doubt Yormark was sincere in his affection with UConn, but dude, you had your shot. It was there for the taking and you passed.

It’s time for UConn to move on. We’re in a league of our god dam* own.
We are not in a position to turn down an offer (unfortunately).

GG

Reaction Score
UConn is not in control here. They cannot only look to themselves. Stop being an embarrassment in football would be a start. Keep winning in basketball.

Oh and also not throwing temper tantrums and closing one of the few remaining doors. If Yormack does raid the Big East and UConn has closed that door, then it is worse than after the Big East Catholic schools left the old Big East.
You are correct. Thankfully, we have people in charge who understand this.

Reaction Score
I keep seeing people say some sort of version of this, but it doesn’t make sense to me. Imagine you are a board of directors and your company is looking for a new CEO. Would you hire a CEO whose vision isn’t aligned with the board member’s? Especially one whose vision is radically different than the boards? Makes zero sense to me.
I don’t think you go on a PR blitz, talk about basketball, talk about expanding, and saying you have a plan.

Just because we all assumed he meant UConn was a priority now, doesn’t mean he purposely screwed us or flat out lied about his vision.

I don’t know what he told UConn or the promises he made and didn’t keep. I don’t think that because we’re disappointed Uconn wasn’t selected there has to be some unethical or nefarious act.

BY and B12 acted in what they felt was the best interest of their league. We all don’t get it. But that’s what they did.

If we get invite tomorrow, we’re going. So what’s the point in making enemies of everyone/everything B12

Reaction Score

So true. I refuse to believe they get anything close to a valuable media deal next time around when the football schools in that conference include the likes of TCU, Ok State, Utah, Cinci, K-state, UCF, WVU, etc. Zero big brands in that group. Even if they add Pitt, NC state, Va tech, etc it still won't make a difference.

Reaction Score
Stop being gullible. He’s the Douglas County equivalent of the Car Wash Guy.

Man go away.

Your information was just as good as his. Nothing he was saying wasn’t available open source. Stop feeding this guy.

Don't do this revisionist history bs like he wasn't coming in with info that turned out to be true before it was reported in the press

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom