Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 673 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
To block the Big 12 from the northeast. Phillips even said some expansion could be done to block another conference. The Big 12 can't add 17 and 18 without a new media partner.

Remember, one of the reasons ACC stated back then when they added Pitt over UConn was because B12 was about to add Pitt back then. It was supposed to be Syracuse and UConn. We got support from the NC schools like UNC, NCST, Virginia, Duke, Wake etc. Of course, we had BCU and Miami actively trying to block us as well.

ACC heard Pitt was talking to the B12, so Pitt was an acceptable compromise to add over us. The main reason was the ACC didn't want the B12 entering their markets.

The second time after Maryland left, UConn was penciled in as a replacement already. The same schools supported us the first time supported us again, but FSU and Clemson stepped in to flex their muscles to show the conference that it's not a tobacco road conference, and they got the conference to add Louisville community college over us.

If BY wants the East, we are by far the best choice available. I just hope the B12 make the move soon vs. leaving us hanging in the wind.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
To block the Big 12 from the northeast. Phillips even said some expansion could be done to block another conference. The Big 12 can't add 17 and 18 without a new media partner.
I understand. But the ACC had never shown anything but contempt for UConn and USF. Yormark is playing chess and Phillips is playing tiddlily winks.

Who would be the new partner? Apple which just helped sink the Pac-12 with a take it or leave it low ball offer? The CW?

Reaction Score
We shouldn’t be wounded by that, it’s business not personal. But just like I’m not offended by any schools not wanting us, I also don’t care if BY personally loves us so much that his bedroom is covered with Kemba walker posters if he can’t get us in the conferences
Very true on BY. One reading of the vote on adding two more schools if he could make it work financially was an offer to appease him and his grand plans. Of course, once he gets the funding for UConn, they will start looking at SMU and San Diego St (or Stanford and Cal or Oregon State and Washington State).

Reaction Score
I understand. But the ACC had never shown anything but contempt for UConn and USF. Yormark is playing chess and Phillips is playing tiddlily winks.

Who would be the new partner? Apple which just helped sink the Pac-12 with a take it or leave it low ball offer? The CW?
Survival can make people do crazy things. It is getting close for many of those ACC schools. Their power conference status can be taken away in a sec just like what they witnessed with PAC.

Reaction Score
One thousand per cent NO. Let me spell this out for you. There are now four major conferences to survive in long term. Two of them we should assume we will never be financially important enough to qualify for. So your strategy is to get in a meaningless war of words to tick off one of the remaining two? Why, that’s brilliant.

I understand that mean words would make you feel better. Adults shut up, keep all their options open, and quietly wait for their opportunity to get revenge without broadcasting it publicly in a manner that reduces their options going forward.
Thank you. Let's just p.o. everybody that might be in a position to help us. Great strategy

Reaction Score
Maybe the B12 did have a plan to add us. I always said B1G can step in at the last sec to screw everything up, and they did.

B12 simply reacted to the opportunities presented to them.

Would it be better to add us before UTAH? Probably, but they might also be thinking we are still here and available.

One of our biggest issues is our location. The only 2 conferences near us are the B1G and the ACC. B1G got their own reasons not adding us but they added a crappy athletic school like RU. We are blocked out of the ACC for stupid political reasons. If we are in the middle of the USA, we would have been added a long time ago.

So, I don't think GoKU is full of crap. I do think he has some connection to know what's going on. The fact BY now want 17 and 18 shows he still wants to add us. It is crazy to think a national conference without any major Eastern presence. I truly think BY still wants the B12 to be national like the B1G for the best opportunity to survive and thrive.

Stop being gullible. He’s the Douglas County equivalent of the Car Wash Guy.

Reaction Score
Very true on BY. One reading of the vote on adding two more schools if he could make it work financially was an offer to appease him and his grand plans. Of course, once he gets the funding for UConn, they will start looking at SMU and San Diego St (or Stanford and Cal or Oregon State and Washington State).
If true, I think it'd be more that the media partners are concerned about the volume of their content that'd be in the western time zone(s).

Why would no one other than Apple give the Pac 12 an offer then Fox suddenly increases theirs because they scooped up Oregon State, Wazzu, Cal, and Stanford? The networks know games in the Pacific time zone are generally ratings killers. At least for now, the B12 has stopped in Mountain time. I don't think they want to store a bunch more of their games in the 10:00PM EST time slot on Saturdays so they can get televise Wazzu football.

Honestly, the only exception here would be a basketball-only Gonzaga add.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
A serious board would’ve banned the Kansas doofus the moment we missed on 16. The fact our fans still wanna hear more from him is sad and pathetic. But don’t worry guys! Now we’re going with USF or something…

Reaction Score
The day we start seeing a nice puff piece on the merits of New England foliage, lobster rolls, MSG BB and the women’s game from the likes of Tramel, Forde, Wentzel and Thammel is the day I’ll start believing the presidents of the B12 might actually take us. These guys - I hate to say it- have been accurate barometers of the board room.

Don't forget Pizza...:D

Reaction Score
What's your solution?
UConn is not in control here. They cannot only look to themselves. Stop being an embarrassment in football would be a start. Keep winning in basketball.

Oh and also not throwing temper tantrums and closing one of the few remaining doors. If Yormack does raid the Big East and UConn has closed that door, then it is worse than after the Big East Catholic schools left the old Big East.

Reaction Score
Please ignore the delusional folks on here - you're welcome in our parts.

Some won't admit it, but it's entirely understandable that your information was correct but the situation changed and it ended up another route. It happens and it's doesn't mean you were "wrong" or were making things up.

Your information was just as good as his. Nothing he was saying wasn’t available open source. Stop feeding this guy.

Reaction Score
Thank you. Let's just p.o. everybody that might be in a position to help us. Great strategy
could we at least demand that Yormark has to kiss AD Dave's bare ass at half court of Allen Field House when UConn visits this year? To um... reestablish good faith?

Reaction Score
UConn is not in control here. They cannot only look to themselves. Stop being an embarrassment in football would be a start. Keep winning in basketball.

Oh and also not throwing temper tantrums and closing one of the few remaining doors. If Yormack does raid the Big East and UConn has closed that door, then it is worse than after the Big East Catholic schools left the old Big East.
Agreed. All we can do is keep winning and filling the stands while doing a MUCH better job marketing ourselves.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hard to fault Apple, given that that was the best offer they had.

Reaction Score
The best thing UConn can do right now is to keep supporting coach Mora with all the resources he needs in order to build up UConn football. This means getting more money for the coaches and really build up the NIL fund.

Perception can change overnight if we win more football games against big opponents.

Reaction Score
We should be nobody’s 17th or 18th choice. I have no doubt Yormark was sincere in his affection with UConn, but dude, you had your shot. It was there for the taking and you passed.

It’s time for UConn to move on. We’re in a league of our god dam* own.

Reaction Score
I would go as far as to say that Yormark probably regards this as a personal defeat. The Big 12 presidents apparently haven't bought into his vision completely. Instead, they fell back to their old school philosophy that nearly put them in the same situation that the Pac is in today.
100%

Reaction Score
We should be nobody’s 17th or 18th choice. I have no doubt Yormark was sincere in his affection with UConn, but dude, you had your shot. It was there for the taking and you passed.

It’s time for UConn to move on. We’re in a league of our god dam* own.
This is the type of thinking that will have us disappear into irrelevancy.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Who would be Yormark’s pick for 18? The presidents? Certainly not USF? USF for ACC doesn’t even make sense unless they lose FSU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom