Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 672 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Yormark is not the problem, he legit sees value in UConn and hasn’t been able to sell us to the presidents. However, having his interest is a good thing for UConn’s brand. Guarantee it raises our stock and perception across athletics (though not enough).
I would go as far as to say that Yormark probably regards this as a personal defeat. The Big 12 presidents apparently haven't bought into his vision completely. Instead, they fell back to their old school philosophy that nearly put them in the same situation that the Pac is in today.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The day we start seeing a nice puff piece on the merits of New England foliage, lobster rolls, MSG BB and the women’s game from the likes of Tramel, Forde, Wentzel and Thammel is the day I’ll start believing the presidents of the B12 might actually take us. These guys - I hate to say it- have been accurate barometers of the board room.

But I’ll need three out of four to pen something. Until then BY scheme all he wants and the B12 presidents will do their own thing.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Maybe our mistake was posting about all of this in a thread that says it's all gone to hell. We preemptively made it all go to hell. Need a more optimistic thread title IMO.

Reaction Score
Why would he think this. The inept ACC hasn't cared about either school for 20 years, Why would they care now?
Survival? The people running the ACC are stupid, but i hope they are not blind.

Did they not see what just happened to the 108 years old PAC-12? The writing is on the wall for the ACC. The only thing preventing it from happening now is the ACC GOR.

What are the options? Wait until 2036 for your fate? The schools that have less choices like Wake, BCU, Cuse etc can fight each other until then for a few spots, or they can try to get the ACC to add schools now to beef up the ranks. Before 2036, maybe the ACC can be the one inviting schools once FSU and others leave vs. being picked apart like the PAC?

Reaction Score
Okay. I won't post anymore.
I mean you clearly don’t know anything. No better than The Dude of WV, MHver, Flugar, Swaim and on and on. Feel free to post, we are aware you have no real insight into anything - you just have opinions like all of us

Reaction Score
Maybe he goes Memphis then? UConn should tell the big 12 to go f off and start working out some type of arrangement with the ACC. The big 12 layed out their long term plan. Make them regret it for not executing it.
So, you believe that taking a dump on the one commissioner who has actually championed your school in order to chase membership in the conference that has both a guaranteed expiration date and a history of screwing you over like none other is the right move?

dodgeball-strategy.gif

Reaction Score
DePaul for Chicago even though they stink. Creighton for Nebraska. Others have value.
DePaul????
DePaul????

If someone is suggesting options are UConn and DePaul for anything with BB, no.

If BY wants DePaul, he can have them

Reaction Score
I would go as far as to say that Yormark probably regards this as a personal defeat. The Big 12 presidents apparently haven't bought into his vision completely. Instead, they fell back to their old school philosophy that nearly put them in the same situation that the Pac is in today.
I keep seeing people say some sort of version of this, but it doesn’t make sense to me. Imagine you are a board of directors and your company is looking for a new CEO. Would you hire a CEO whose vision isn’t aligned with the board member’s? Especially one whose vision is radically different than the boards? Makes zero sense to me.

Reaction Score
He’s completely full of it. If that last little nugget didn’t make that evident to you then I don’t know what to say.
Maybe the B12 did have a plan to add us. I always said B1G can step in at the last sec to screw everything up, and they did.

B12 simply reacted to the opportunities presented to them.

Would it be better to add us before UTAH? Probably, but they might also be thinking we are still here and available.

One of our biggest issues is our location. The only 2 conferences near us are the B1G and the ACC. B1G got their own reasons not adding us but they added a crappy athletic school like RU. We are blocked out of the ACC for stupid political reasons. If we are in the middle of the USA, we would have been added a long time ago.

So, I don't think GoKU is full of crap. I do think he has some connection to know what's going on. The fact BY now want 17 and 18 shows he still wants to add us. It is crazy to think a national conference without any major Eastern presence. I truly think BY still wants the B12 to be national like the B1G for the best opportunity to survive and thrive.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I keep seeing people say some sort of version of this, but it doesn’t make sense to me. Imagine you are a board of directors and your company is looking for a new CEO. Would you hire a CEO whose vision isn’t aligned with the board member’s? Especially one whose vision is radically different than the boards? Makes zero sense to me.
But it can happen; misalignment of the CEO and board. And things change.

Reaction Score
Why would he think this. The inept ACC hasn't cared about either school for 20 years, Why would they care now?
To block the Big 12 from the northeast. Phillips even said some expansion could be done to block another conference. The Big 12 can't add 17 and 18 without a new media partner.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
just saying, I'd rather not be stuck in a really bad GOR in a conference that constantly screwed us over, but most importantly being in a conference with Boston Community College??? no no no, and GOD no. they can join the MAC inna decade I absolutely am not lending that school a hand.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's worth a shot?
If any mod wants to do it feel free. I think you'd have to be either at Tom or Fishies level though.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Haha! I buy tickets. I go to games.
That’s my support. I’ll leave the donations to alumni.

That said, just bought 5 tickets for NC state game. Let’s go!
My apologies for coming across snarky (I'll also apologize in advance for comments to come) but your statement on resources was very out of touch.

What any individuals (unless the are both willing and able to copy T Boone Pickens devotion to Ok St) would do wouldn't be a blip on the radar in terms of resources and at the moment (while the state is discussing cutting school spending) we are looking at continuing eight figure annual athletic department deficits. I'm not sure how easy it would be to get the resources you referred to.

Your going to one whole game (with four others)? Wow. I guess we have nothing to worry about with attendance.

Reaction Score
Why are you saying football has to be degraded if separated from basketball? UConn has already done said separating and under Mora is currently on the rise. Our weak link over the past 10 years has been football. Why not bet on ourselves with Mora and see where it leads to? It's the best long term play we have. It's quite possible the BE becomes a G5-like basketball conference due to conference consolidation driven by the media companies (see OBE and PAC), NIL that the BE's smaller schools can't keep up with, etc.
log off

Reaction Score
To block the Big 12 from the northeast. Phillips even said some expansion could be done to block another conference. The Big 12 can't add 17 and 18 without a new media partner.
Guess they are out of luck then and lost the east coast. That is if the ACC wakes up and goes into survival mode.

Reaction Score
I’ve become enamored with the notion of an ACC merger with the Big East. It makes so much sense on so many levels. Win-win for both conferences. The fact that goku said BY is fearful of the ACC is enough of a crumb to feed me on this possibility for another week.

I’d hope DB is working this angle with full force. Sure would be nice to be a fly on the wall in his office or golf bag or whatever. Where’s chief when you need him?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
"Key tweets and everything's coming up sunshine and daisies?"
I'm thinking "Key Tweets. Where they piss fine wine and fart rainbows."

Reaction Score
Kraft was serious about the move. Tagliabue was furious when he found out (they had recently lost both LA teams) and while Foxboro wasn't Boston, he didn't want the NFL having to explain moving from Boston (even though a study showed that Hartford was closer to more season ticket holders than Boston was).

The locals didn't have their act together well enough when they made their pitch and didn't realize the amount of work necessary to resolve the underground steam pipe issues that would delay construction. That opening gave Tagliabue the opportunity step in.
It's so nice to have someone who actually remembers what happened with the whole Patriots to Hartford move. It was in all the papers and happened just like FfldCntyFan said but there are always so many "Kraft screwed Hartford" revisionists out there...The CT Legislature fumbled the Patriots to Hartford move...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom