Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 617 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Originally he was emphatic that it was UConn and Colorado but only as a pair. He implied UConn was on board but our fate was dependent on Colorado leaving the PAC. The B12 does not want an odd number of schools. When he got word that Colorado made up its mind he passed that along to us before it became public knowledge.

When Colorado announced last Thursday he confirmed we would be next. I believe within minutes he came back and wrote that an entirely unexpected development happened. U of A which had spurned B12 up until that point contacted the conference with a desire to join. He was the first to pronounce this other than those twitter folks we post in these forums who create every scenario imaginable in their tweets.

He stated a short interval was needed but he was emphatic it was gong to be quick (within two weeks) and Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State and UConn would be the four that joined.

He stated he was not happy Arizona State was going to be included.

He left saying if something in that interval happens which changes that outcome he would come back here and take his lumps.

I suggest anyone who wants to read his messages to us for confirmation of my recollection click on one of his posts and then click “messages” to observe everything he has written.

IMO he has access to the B12 conference or someone with contacts and has kindly passed along information to us throughout this episode.
Yeah well he was wrong about the only thing that matters, which is UConn getting passed over for Utah.

Wait....is there a glimmer of hope all of a sudden?
No.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Reaction Score
Clearly that level of dedication means pac 12 survives
That or everyone is headed to a beach house this afternoon so they need to get it over with quickly. If the 9 remaining schools sign a GOR this morning that would be crazy.

Reaction Score
The B12 isn't going to pillage anyone. The money won't be there.

1st, which of these ACC schools adds value to the SEC and B1G? There are only 4 that do. That means everyone else remains.

But what remains is stronger than the B12.

If I'm the ACC, I'm looking at Kansas and Texas Tech as prime candidates for pillaging myself.

The B12 is roughly where the Pac12 was at several years ago, boasting about their superiority, talking openly about pillaging other conferences. This is where the B12 is at. Schadenfreude coming their way.

ND, UNC, UVA, FSU, Miami, Clemson all add value. This is further exaggerated by the want to condense the top end of the NCAA down to 2 or 3 conferences. If these 6 can make any amount more in the SEC or B1G, even if an unequal distribution, they seemingly take it as soon as the GOR ends.

The 9 remaining are 100% not stronger than the XII. They all beg the B1G, SEC, and XII for any path to get in, knowing that anyone who doesn't is doomed to the new G5 like Oregon St and Washington St.

But I certainly agree that the ACC should try poaching XII schools before the GOR ends as a last attempt at survival. Just don't think any XII schools answer the call. It seems like the XII is now safe UNLESS/until the B1G and SEC decide to destroy them by purposefully poaching XII teams.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yeah well he was wrong about the only thing that matters, which is UConn getting passed over for Utah.

No.
When has it been officially announced that Utah has been given the invitation and the invitation to UConn has been withdrawn?

Or is this a negative projection that you believe will happen?

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Sounds to me like the one fleeting hope we have left is that Utah, or maybe ASU, hates the idea of joining the Big 12 sooooo much that they stay put where they’re more comfortable, in the Pac-whatever. Washington and Oregon deciding to stay (for now) certainly helps. Not sure it’s enough, but maybe there’s a chance.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, I thought it was posted that ESPN adivsed the Big 12 that UConn should be added if they were to expand again after they took the 3 G5 schools plus BYU. What ever happened to that? I also wonder if the CT government officials have bothered to put any pressure on ESPN at all? In any case, it is really time for the State of CT to look at removing all tax breaks from ESPN.
That was in 2016 when we did the dog and pony show for the Big 12. ESPN was quoted as saying something like “while we prefer you not expand, we hope you give consideration to our in-state neighbor UConn”.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The key to this is Arizona. If they're still planning on staying in the Pac then we have a legit shot here. Otherwise, they're #14 and it's all done.

Reaction Score
Sounds to me like the one fleeting hope we have left is that Utah, or maybe ASU, hates the idea of joining the Big 12 sooooo much that they stay put where they’re more comfortable, in the Pac-whatever. Washington and Oregon deciding to stay (for now) certainly helps. Not sure it’s enough, but maybe there’s a chance.
ASU sounds like they're being dragged along and don't have much of a choice in the matter but maybe Utah will be total idiots and sign the GOR

GG

Reaction Score
That or everyone is headed to a beach house this afternoon so they need to get it over with quickly. If the 9 remaining schools sign a GOR this morning that would be crazy.
I wonder if Apple sweeten the pot. Also, you would have to imagine the pack is going to expand. Can’t see them staying at nine.

Reaction Score
The key to this is Arizona. If they're still planning on staying in the Pac then we have a legit shot here. Otherwise, they're #14 and it's all done.
We just need Utah to stay. It's better if Arizona and ASU don't sign but everyone else does.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom