Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 618 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Sounds to me like the one fleeting hope we have left is that Utah, or maybe ASU, hates the idea of joining the Big 12 sooooo much that they stay put where they’re more comfortable, in the Pac-whatever. Washington and Oregon deciding to stay (for now) certainly helps. Not sure it’s enough, but maybe there’s a chance.
Or one of those two schools was not invited and people who have been guessing got it wrong.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Unless ASU joins them and Utah stays withe rest of the PaC which they prefer.

I don't know, even when it looked like the Pac was going to fall apart it was widely reported that ASU's president did NOT want to leave. If the conference signs a GoR I would expect they stay. I guess it's possible with state politics he doesn't end up having a choice, but he definitely has a ton of influence in Arizona.

Reaction Score
That guy said that 17 is one of the magic numbers for scheduling purposes. So I guess if the Big 12 and the media partners wanted it, it could happen. However, all of the talking heads are saying four additions to the Big 12.

That guy looks like the poster child for the I Hate Bubba Wallace Starter Kit.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Apple sweeten the pot. Also, you would have to imagine the pack is going to expand. Can’t see them staying at nine.
SDSU will be either be #10 or #8.

Reaction Score
Or one of those two schools was not invited and people who have been guessing got it wrong.
I think there was too much smoke for that to be true. Oregon and Washington are probably just playing the rest of the PAC right now because they want a longer time to wait out for a better B1G deal. Maybe the Apple deal went up in value but for a shorter time frame

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Okay, this is laugh out loud funny. What is going on???
It's what I said. B1G is offering a half share with no increase. Washington AD said travel would cost an extra $10m. That means the Apple deal is just as good. If Washington and Oregon stay, I'm not sure anybody else leaves. It was always the reality that with USC and UCLA gone, Washington and Oregon are the PAC. Also, USC publicly said it doesn't want Washington and Oregon.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I wonder if some senators and governors got involved yesterday evening....advised folks that they would make some hell in Washington and elsewhere if the powers that be let the PAC disintegrate. I could see senators pulling support for those proposed NIL/labor bills.

Reaction Score
It's what I said. B1G is offering a half share with no increase. Washington AD said travel would cost an extra $10m. That means the Apple deal is just as good. If Washington and Oregon stay, I'm not sure anybody else leaves. It was always the reality that with USC and UCLA gone, Washington and Oregon are the PAC. Also, USC publicly said it doesn't want Washington and Oregon.
Washington and Oregon might stay for now but if you're Arizona, ASU or Utah I'm not sure why you'd stay in a dead conference.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Washington and Oregon might stay for now but if you're Arizona, ASU or Utah I'm not sure why you'd stay in a dead conference.
Because they don't want to leave. They never wanted to leave.

Reaction Score
Whoah. If the PAC holds together the Big 12 will look pretty silly. All they end up with is the Hippies in Boulder.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think there was too much smoke for that to be true. Oregon and Washington are probably just playing the rest of the PAC right now because they want a longer time to wait out for a better B1G deal. Maybe the Apple deal went up in value but for a shorter time frame
I have confidence that GoKU had insider information and he knew and stated Utah is not in the Big12 plans. He’s had by far the most accurate pulse on events than the entire group of people whose tweets we post or the entire collective of posters in this forum. And yet many choose to ignore that correlation and accept the word of people who have been all over the place on events.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Whoah. If the PAC holds together the Big 12 will look pretty silly. All they end up with is the Hippies in Boulder.

And I don't think they'll get this much fuss if they offer a certain school in the Northeast.

Reaction Score
You'd be surprised how early colleges schedule meetings; friend was a trustee at SU and they'd meet at 6:30 or 7 regularly
That sounds miserable

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom