Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 255 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Or, more likely, he came to the conclusions all by himself.

Ehhhh. He just saw the light? He's quoting an athletic budget from 2014-2015 which has been published for what? Eight months? Saturday he spoke of being a flagship state U, cited our 2015 USNWR academic ranking, and talked about our media market. UConn didn't just become the state's flagship this week, didn't just get ranked Friday and didn't pick it's campus up and drop it halfway between New York and Boston last month.

These data points have either been published for a long time or are geographically obvious. You don't think he thought about what schools would make good additions until this week?

I think it's far more likely it was hinted to him that "UConn has some nice qualities about it, perhaps you should investigate them more."

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Hmmm...

Dooley has been suspiciously absent at the exact moment that "Berry Tramel" writes not one, but two very positive articles about UConn joining the B12.

There's only two logical conclusions:

1) Dooley enlightened Tramel with one of his patented email blitzes. - or -

2) Tramel is tied up somewhere and Dooley hijacked his byline.

Come to think of it, where's conspiracy kitty?
Have you ever seen Dooley and Tramel in the same place at the same time? I know I haven't.

Reaction Score
I think it's pretty safe to say ESPN won't allow the AAC to put their product on the open market unless they believe it is worth noticeably less than the current deal. If we are still in after all of this ESPN won't exercise their option to terminate.

I also believe that if we do leave the AAC without a bid to the B-12 (or another P-5) someone (Fox?) is underwriting our football independence.

Interesting. And we are recognized as a P5 opponent by the Big Ten....

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Do you think the granular contract uses the term "holds the AAC by the balls" in the stipulations you reference?;)
You're right, I guess that terminology is more appropriate for divorce decrees. :)

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I'm kinda confused by a lot of the comments on here. When talking recruiting territory, people are talking about football. Most (all?) men's basketball teams have to recruit pretty broadly in the U.S. There's an uptick in the NYC area, but generally for basketball you search everywhere and anywhere. There's not too many "hot spots" for college basketball recruits.
NYC, DC, Chicago, LA...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Interesting. And we are recognized as a P5 opponent by the Big Ten....

Another example of small bits of information that when when looking backwards a few years from now will seem like a "well, duh" moments.

The Civil Conflict rivalry game and trophy will be another.

Reaction Score
I'll say it again. How can the non Texas schools allow another Texas school and only add 2? Are they that freakin stupid? I think the northen schools put the kibash on this expansion before letting Houston in with just 2.

Because UT doesn't need the conference to expand and they control enough votes to prevent any schools from getting to 8. So they can leverage not expanding at all with okay we'll expand if Houston is included (so UT can get their Houston satellite campus).

Reaction Score
Hmmm...

Dooley has been suspiciously absent at the exact moment that "Berry Tramel" writes not one, but two very positive articles about UConn joining the B12.

There's only two logical conclusions:

1) Dooley enlightened Tramel with one of his patented email blitzes. - or -

2) Tramel is tied up somewhere and Dooley hijacked his byline.

Come to think of it, where's conspiracy kitty?

Have you ever seen Dooley and Tramel in the same place at the same time? I know I haven't.

I think we're on to something here.

Notice that there have been no denials from either party.

So is Dooley really Tramel, - or -
is Tramel really Dooley?

Reaction Score
Because UT doesn't need the conference to expand and they control enough votes to prevent any schools from getting to 8. So they can leverage not expanding at all with okay we'll expand if Houston is included (so UT can get their Houston satellite campus).
UT wants a sweetheart deal. They don't care at all about UH. Anytime the other schools suggest parity, UT threatens with UH. It's why they made it go public so early. This is about money and assurance that the people in Austin get the most of it. It has very little to do with Houston and/or some satellite campus.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Tramel beating the drum

I said from the beginning that Boren wants us. If you go back to the winter, he had two stated reasons for expansion.
1. stabilize the Big 12 so it can compete going forward
2. improve the academic company and academic recruiting ground for the University of Oklahoma.

Think like a University President, not a fan. Sports are marketing for recruiting undergrads. Where do you want to recruit undergrads who have high SAT scores and can pay out of state tuition?

Reaction Score
Speaking of recruiting undergrads, just heard on radio that UConn has 5,100 incoming freshman, 37% minority. Up from 14% minority in 1996. This is all very impressive.

Check it: "The freshman class also is among the most accomplished in school history with 181 valedictorians or salutatorians, up from 42 students 20 years ago."

UConn freshman class most diverse in school’s history

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Or, more likely, he came to the conclusions all by himself.

Which would be remarkable. They've been obvious all along and these other morons are oblivious to them.

pj

Reaction Score
Do you think the granular contract uses the term "holds the AAC by the balls" in the stipulations you reference?;)

I think the actual language was this:

"DEFINITIONS.
Balls. The League's valuable and sensitive properties named in Exhibit A. Not to be confused with footballs or basketballs.
STIPULATIONS.
Network shall possess the Balls until the conclusion of the 2019-2020 athletic year."

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Why is that impressive? They changed their policy to favor minorities, and the admissions office was able to execute the new policy. Did anyone doubt they could?

The incoming class has 181 valedictorians or salutatorians and is the most accomplished freshman class ever. I think everyone wins.

Reaction Score
Why is that impressive? They changed their policy to favor minorities, and the admissions office was able to execute the new policy. Did anyone doubt they could?

You're assuming too much.

If anything, the affirmative action laws were reversed, and African-American students were no longer considered as a special class in admissions. It is now illegal by federal law.

This is why the African-American population has FALLEN at UConn and it is now just below 5%. A much smaller number than the 11.6% of overall state population. Hispanics are 15.4% of the state population and 8% of UConn's population. I suspect the affirmative action rulings worked against them as well. The big change at UConn is that Asians are double in number as students to their overall population. AND, the stat above also takes into account international students. 5%.

Add it all up: 5 + 8 + 11 + 5 = 29% of the student body is non-white. Then you have some mixed race, Native American, Islander, etc. Probably another 5%.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think we're on to something here.

Notice that there have been no denials from either party.

So is Dooley really Tramel, - or -
is Tramel really Dooley?
Or did @Dooley snap and Tramel is now duct taped in the trunk of his car while Dooley is generating pro-UConn articles. If so, I salute you.

Reaction Score
To write the 2 pieces he has the past 2 days..he got a call from the OU Athletic Dept to "sell UConn" to the OU fanbase. It's the only reason that makes sense regarding those 2 articles...Berry travel is the OU athletic Dept mouthpiece.

Seems to be working, too. I've noticed surprisingly positive responses from OU fans on social media.

Reaction Score
I like the idea that OU is lobbying for us and Tramel is their mouthpiece, but I find it infinitely more likely that he has realized UConn fans are desperate for any good news, and is pandering for sweet, sweet mouse clicks.

But I am a cynic.

Reaction Score
I like the idea that OU is lobbying for us and Tramel is their mouthpiece, but I find it infinitely more likely that he has realized UConn fans are desperate for any good news, and is pandering for sweet, sweet mouse clicks.

But I am a cynic.
Any CR article is going to generate a lot of clicks. It could be about anything and promote anyone, and people will read it.

Taking an unusually positive position on a dark horse candidate isn't necessary

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom