Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 256 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Another example of small bits of information that when when looking backwards a few years from now will seem like a "well, duh" moments.

The Civil Conflict rivalry game and trophy will be another.

We now have this in common with former ESPN reporter Sal Marchiano, after he was fired by the worldwide leader:

"Happiness is seeing Bristol, Connecticut in your rear view mirror."

For us, happiness will be seeing the "Civil Conflict" trophy, such as it is, in our collective rear view mirrors, or perhaps as a posterior anatomical adornment for somebody at ESPN HQ.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We now have this in common with former ESPN reporter Sal Marchiano, after he was fired by the worldwide leader:

Actually, he was fired after making that quote.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I'm sure Texas would support us if they get whatever else they want.

That's the key.

I guess that means I'm with Flug.

What they want is Houston. That means four. We don't come without Houston. Houston doesn't come without us. Otherwise it's BYU and Cincy and ballgame.

Reaction Score

For us, happiness will be seeing the "Civil Conflict" trophy, such as it is, in our collective rear view mirrors, or perhaps as a posterior anatomical adornment for somebody at ESPN HQ.
perhap he was just misunderstood and he enjoyed driving in reverse.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Between everyone getting all positive about Berry and the football board calling for 8 wins - I want to move into a bunker.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Come on, Eeyore. There is reason for optimism!

Few things are better bets than fading the Boneyard. I liked it better a few days ago when everyone gave up - that gave me hope.

I always have to chuckle at the football posts. Subba claimed Virginia would be a WTH loss.

It's a team where you need to pay juice in places to bet the under 5.5 and everyone has they at 7,8,9. Everyone should be plenty rich to buy tickets in the future.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's a team where you need to pay juice in places to bet the under 5.5 and everyone has they at 7,8,9. Everyone should be plenty rich to buy tickets in the future.

What was the number last year?

Reaction Score
Few things are better bets than fading the Boneyard. I liked it better a few days ago when everyone gave up - that gave me hope.

I always have to chuckle at the football posts. Subba claimed Virginia would be a WTH loss.

If I was a betting man I'd take the over in a heartbeat. It's going to be a much improved squad. I think best case scenario is 8-4, worst case is 6-6

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Haha yes, being anti-boneyard is a generally good stance, especially during mortgage paying week.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Between everyone getting all positive about Berry and the football board calling for 8 wins - I want to move into a bunker.
I said 8-4 and then looked at the schedule. Oops.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

I like our chances at home vs. ACC teams that don't want to be here that aren't named FSU or Clemson. Call me nostalgic.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I like our chances at home vs. ACC teams that don't want to be here that aren't named FSU or Clemson. Call me nostalgic.

Do you really need to walk through the actual results at the Rent against ACC teams?

Wake - loss
Carolina - loss
State - loss
Maryland - loss
Duke - win on a missed FG as time
expired
Virginia - win

2-4 #nostalgia

Don't let me get in the way of your absurd expectations. I'm sure UConn will be a double digit favorite and a loss would to Virginia would be shocking.

Reaction Score
Berry Tramel ‏@BerryTramel · 11h11 hours ago
Big 12 board of directors include two interim presidents
Big 12 board of directors include two interim presidents

Oklahoma: David Boren, appointed 1994, with a bachelor’s degree from Yale, a master’s from Oxford and a law degree from OU.

Texas: Greg Fenves, appointed 2015, with a bachelor’s degree from Cornell and post-graduate degrees from California-Berkeley.

Reaction Score
This will probably cause this post to be moved to the Cesspool but...

Vanquish The Foe@VanquishTheFoe 2 hours ago
Mitt Romney reportedly pushing for BYU to get into the Big 12

Bohls: Romney’s pushing BYU, one AP voter’s pushing Texas

>>1. Bob Bowlsby remains very mum about the process that could lead to Big 12 expansion, but one Big 12 school official said 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney has called power brokers, including Oklahoma State’s T. Boone Pickens, lobbying for support for BYU to join the conference. Romney is a BYU grad. Bowlsby said there are fewer than 20 interested candidates as has been reported, but declined to say if any Power 5 conference schools have expressed interest. He’s almost done going through applicants’ one-hour video presentations and has had “several calls” with Big 12 presidents to update them. Asked how the presidents are feeling about the process, Bowlsby said, “It depends on who you ask. I think there continues to be an open mindedness about it. I think some have developed their positions and probably aren’t sharing it. If it was a clear path, it wouldn’t have taken so long.”<<

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Do you really need to walk through the actual results at the Rent against ACC teams?

Wake - loss
Carolina - loss
State - loss
Maryland - loss
Duke - win on a missed FG as time
expired
Virginia - win

2-4 #nostalgia

Don't let me get in the way of your absurd expectations. I'm sure UConn will be a double digit favorite and a loss would to Virginia would be shocking.

Your conclusion is based on a false premise (since UCONN lost at home to ACC teams in the past, UCONN will probably lose to the ACC teams this season). Your premise assumes the same, or similar, variables relative to the games this season as in past seasons. In actuality, almost all of the variables have changed: players, coaches, expectations, conditioning, etc. Therefore, it is a better predictor of success to measure the known variables of each team as they are right now, rather than depend on outdated data. To that point, one could, and I did on another post, argue that UCONN's current position is more favorable for wins than Virginia and Cuse. BC could be better than the Patriots and I will still pick UCONN because FBC. Plus, I really do believe we'll win that one too.

Whaler, you strike me as the kind of guy who would show up at the Pearly Gates and say something like, "Heaven. It's nice, but Hell was a lot warmer."

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Your conclusion is based on a false premise (since UCONN lost at home to ACC teams in the past, UCONN will probably lose to the ACC teams this season). Your premise assumes the same, or similar, variables relative to the games this season as in past seasons. In actuality, almost all of the variables have changed: players, coaches, expectations, conditioning, etc. Therefore, it is a better predictor of success to measure the known variables of each team as they are right now, rather than depend on outdated data. To that point, one could, and I did on another post, argue that UCONN's current position is more favorable for wins than Virginia and Cuse. BC could be better than the Patriots and I will still pick UCONN because FBC. Plus, I really do believe we'll win that one too.

Whaler, you strike me as the kind of guy who would show up at the Pearly Gates and say something like, "Heaven. It's nice, but Hell was a lot warmer."

I can't believe I have to walk you through this.

You see Subba said UConn losing to Virginia would be a WTH loss. I tried to point out nicely that UConn losing to Virginia isn't a WTH loss. Understanding that UConn losing to Virginia isn't shocking is so far away from the rest of your premise it's funny.

If you'd like to get into the detail Virginia actually has a very talented roster and they added a capable coach...

Subba replied saying that beating ACC teams at home outside of Clemson and FSU is old hat and nostalgia. I'm sorry for having to point out that UConn has actually not done all that well at home against ACC teams - no matter what #nostalsia might exist.

If you want to be one of the posters claiming 8-4 is a disappointment, or that losing to Virginia would be shocking... like I said knock yourself out. Those positions are not based in reality. 7-5 would be a good season 8-4 would be a great season.

Right now I'd have UConn a very slight favorite over Syracuse and a pick with Virginia.

If you aren't interested in having a realistic football discussion and UConn just wins every game in your mind - why would you reply to me?

I know it's hard for some to understand but I don't go into every season expecting 15-0. I left that behind in like 2nd grade.

I'm starting to understand why some of you think every media outlet hates UConn. They haven't come to the conclusion that the other teams shouldn't bother to show up.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler is possibly not far wrong. Must be comforting to be so sure of one's opinions and delight in denigrating others.

I'm sorry for thinking Virginia at UConn isn't a slam dunk win for the Huskies?

Do you not get that I'm actually pointing out being certain of who will win a college football game between pretty even teams can't be predicted with certainty?

Do any of you even read before you attack me? Do you really prefer a neverending feedback loop that UConn is the best and the games don't actually need to be played to see who wins?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom