Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 257 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm sorry for thinking Virginia at UConn isn't a slam dunk win for the Huskies?

Do you not get that I'm actually pointing out being certain of who will win a college football game between pretty even teams can't be predicted with certainty?

Do any of you even read before you attack me? Do you really prefer a neverending feedback loop that UConn is the best and the games don't actually need to be played to see who wins?

Why do you have to be so negative about it? UConn tanked 2014 on purpose to play kids who weren't ready. Not surprisingly (to me) that meant that 2015 was vastly better than what you'd predict from 2014 if you didn't know the reality. Since even 2015 was mostly kids with limited experience, I think 2016 is also a stronger roster than most people think. Several writers have picked us as a team with surprise upside.

Is UVA a slam dunk? No. I have it as a pick-em too. But they should beat Syracuse, and BC is slight edge to UConn, even on the road. There is room for 7 wins certainly. @Houston is the only game I can't see them winning, but then I didn't see them beating Houston last year. Navy is vastly overrated this year. Temple is likely to take a step back, that's a tough game. Cinci is definitely down from last year as well and we get them at home.

Other than Houston and USF, our toughest opponents are at home. There are several winnable road games.

Reaction Score
Why do you have to be so negative about it? UConn tanked 2014 on purpose to play kids who weren't ready. Not surprisingly (to me) that meant that 2015 was vastly better than what you'd predict from 2014 if you didn't know the reality. Since even 2015 was mostly kids with limited experience, I think 2016 is also a stronger roster than most people think. Several writers have picked us as a team with surprise upside.

Is UVA a slam dunk? No. I have it as a pick-em too. But they should beat Syracuse, and BC is slight edge to UConn, even on the road. There is room for 7 wins certainly. @Houston is the only game I can't see them winning, but then I didn't see them beating Houston last year. Navy is vastly overrated this year. Temple is likely to take a step back, that's a tough game. Cinci is definitely down from last year as well and we get them at home.

Other than Houston and USF, our toughest opponents are at home. There are several winnable road games.

Cincy was terrible last year and they're down from that? I doubt it.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Few things are better bets than fading the Boneyard. I liked it better a few days ago when everyone gave up - that gave me hope.

I always have to chuckle at the football posts. Subba claimed Virginia would be a WTH loss.

It's a team where you need to pay juice in places to bet the under 5.5 and everyone has they at 7,8,9. Everyone should be plenty rich to buy tickets in the future.

...and someone hasn't put a prediction in yet, yet tells everyone else they're wrong.

Put up or shut up, Eeyore.

It's really not that hard to be optimistic - last year's team, based on metrics alone, would have been favored in 2 games going into the season. They won 6, despite losing their starting QB for the latter few games. This year, metrics tells us we should be something closer to 6 wins, instead of just over 2. Combine that with "unmeasurable" progress like the OL additions, and potentially freshmen, etc, and it's a better picture.

For the record - I'm in the 7-8 win camp too. I am bearish on USF (they're getting waaaaay too much hype for my taste), so that helps.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Cincy was terrible last year and they're down from that? I doubt it.

Down from what we think of for Cinci. Similar to last year's .500 team.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You guys are so damn sensitive. Whaler points out that UVA isn't a slam dunk win, someone references our history against ACC teams at the Rent, Whaler points out we actually have a losing record in those games and instead of countering with an argument everyone defaults to the classic Boneyard "negativity" debate.

Reminds me of last season when everyone was predicting games and myself and others said it's impossible to give an opinion based on never seeing BS take a snap under center for UConn and some of you threw a tantrum.

Gun to my head, if BS stays healthy, I'm putting us for 7 wins fwiw. The only things I'm really confident on are the Ws vs Maine, Tulane. If someone predicted 5 or 6 wins,I'm not going to have an meltdown.

W - Maine, Navy, UVA, Cuse, UCF, BC, Tulane

L - Houston, Cincinnati, USF, ECU, Temple

Reaction Score
Big 12 expansion candidates from a basketball perspective (w/ the requisite tap to nads by Myron)

<<1. Connecticut Huskies
Name the only program with four national championships since 1999. It's not Duke (three national championships in that stretch) or North Carolina (two). The answer is Connecticut. The Huskies won in 1999, 2004, 2011 and 2014. Due to academic issues, they were banned from the postseason in 2012-13. But UConn is a modern powerhouse with 10 Elite Eight appearances since 1990. If the Big 12 decides to make a basketball-only decision, UConn should be its first choice.<<

Reaction Score
You guys are so damn sensitive. Whaler points out that UVA isn't a slam dunk win, someone references our history against ACC teams at the Rent, Whaler points out we actually have a losing record in those games and instead of countering with an argument everyone defaults to the classic Boneyard "negativity" debate.

Reminds me of last season when everyone was predicting games and myself and others said it's impossible to give an opinion based on never seeing BS take a snap under center for UConn and some of you threw a tantrum.

Gun to my head, if BS stays healthy, I'm putting us for 7 wins fwiw. The only things I'm really confident on are the Ws vs Maine, Tulane. If someone predicted 5 or 6 wins,I'm not going to have an meltdown.

W - Maine, Navy, UVA, Cuse, UCF, BC, Tulane

L - Houston, Cincinnati, USF, ECU, Temple

We should have a lot more trouble with Virginia and the ACC teams than with Temple and Cincy. East Carolina has also changed coaches.

Reaction Score
Big 12 expansion candidates from a basketball perspective (w/ the requisite tap to nads by Myron)

<<1. Connecticut Huskies
Name the only program with four national championships since 1999. It's not Duke (three national championships in that stretch) or North Carolina (two). The answer is Connecticut. The Huskies won in 1999, 2004, 2011 and 2014. Due to academic issues, they were banned from the postseason in 2012-13. But UConn is a modern powerhouse with 10 Elite Eight appearances since 1990. If the Big 12 decides to make a basketball-only decision, UConn should be its first choice.<<
yeh sure them hyuskies is a fine baskebaw schoo. but 'taint bout baskebaw, it's 'bou FOOTBAW. it's 'bou MERICA FOOTBAW.

errbody know them yankees don' care a lick bou footbaw.

now memphis on the other han'....they know 'bou footbaw. fine footbaw schoo, that memphis

Reaction Score

<<1. Connecticut Huskies

Great that UConn is #1, but for bball, I would take Temple over BYU and Cincy over Memphis. I think Medcalf is wrong on this, but it's interesting to see that Calipari's NC loss made such an impression. Of course, Huggy Bear's NC loss is now forgotten, as are the Oscar Robertson championships.

Reaction Score
The only problem I have with this conversation is how stuff is said, not the content. Maybe I'm sensitive because I live part time in a Buddhist country and how you present something is extremely important. I just don't understand the certainty of opinion either. There never seems to be much wiggle. I'd love to see 8-4 but I'm no more certain of that than 5-7. Gotta see some real play first...

Reaction Score
FWIW UConn's record against "new" ACC teams at the Rent:

Cuse - 4-0
Pitt - 4-1
Louisville - 2-3
BC - 0-1

So if we're going to take some shots at UConn's historical record against ACC teams at The Rent, it's only fair to include everyone in the current ACC.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
We should have a lot more trouble with Virginia and the ACC teams than with Temple and Cincy. East Carolina has also changed coaches.

I don't trust UConn to win on the road just yet and even though Temple losses some players, they always seem to have our number. "Historically speaking", you can pretty much count big road wins by UConn teams on one hand as well, which is why I don't think we'll beat ECU.

Reaction Score
FWIW UConn's record against "new" ACC teams at the Rent:

Cuse - 4-0
Pitt - 4-1
Louisville - 2-3
BC - 0-1

So if we're going to take some shots at UConn's historical record against ACC teams at The Rent, it's only fair to include everyone in the current ACC.

I think there is a win versus Duke, as well?

Reaction Score
I think there is a win versus Duke, as well?

Yeah and UVA. That was laid out above in addition to all the times we've lost to current ACC teams at home. I just think in the interest of fairness, we should be inlcuding our record against current ACC/former Big East schools since, you know, that's who one of them is this fall.

Reaction Score
This will probably cause this post to be moved to the Cesspool but...

Vanquish The Foe@VanquishTheFoe 2 hours ago
Mitt Romney reportedly pushing for BYU to get into the Big 12

Bohls: Romney’s pushing BYU, one AP voter’s pushing Texas

>>1. Bob Bowlsby remains very mum about the process that could lead to Big 12 expansion, but one Big 12 school official said 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney has called power brokers, including Oklahoma State’s T. Boone Pickens, lobbying for support for BYU to join the conference. Romney is a BYU grad. Bowlsby said there are fewer than 20 interested candidates as has been reported, but declined to say if any Power 5 conference schools have expressed interest. He’s almost done going through applicants’ one-hour video presentations and has had “several calls” with Big 12 presidents to update them. Asked how the presidents are feeling about the process, Bowlsby said, “It depends on who you ask. I think there continues to be an open mindedness about it. I think some have developed their positions and probably aren’t sharing it. If it was a clear path, it wouldn’t have taken so long.”<<

Mitt Romney joins BYU's push to join the Big 12

Reaction Score

<<1. Connecticut Huskies
I prefer something like, Name the programs with 4 or more national championships ever! UCLA, Kentucky, Duke, Indiana, North Carolina, Connecticut.

Everyone focuses on past football success but since you can't go back in time to make money, they should be focusing on future potential. UConn has an established track record of making the most of opportunities. UConn Football has that potential and would become a consistent player, no doubt, given the opportunity. Unlike some other programs who have been in BCS/Power conferences for decades and have done nothing.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Syracuse has no defense. They are worse than Temple for sure, probably worse than Cinci. BC has a great D and no offense. ECU is a complete unknown at this point really.

Reaction Score
Syracuse has no defense. They are worse than Temple for sure, probably worse than Cinci. BC has a great D and no offense. ECU is a complete unknown at this point really.

The UConn-BC game may literally be a 7-0 Huskies victory. Both teams are going to have unbelievable defense's this year.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
yeh sure them hyuskies is a fine baskebaw schoo. but 'taint bout baskebaw, it's 'bou FOOTBAW. it's 'bou MERICA FOOTBAW.

errbody know them yankees don' care a lick bou footbaw.

now memphis on the other han'....they know 'bou footbaw. fine footbaw schoo, that memphis
MAYMPHUSS

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom