Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 202 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Just for kicks the entire state if Ct is half the size of greater Houston
Take your Storrs blinders off .
The UConn Campus encompasses the entire state.
Kansas can sell that their first bball coach was the man who created basketball. We can sell that we are close to the location where basketball was invented and the dribbling was invented in New Britain. Kansas is directly related to the development of the sport of basketball, our school is not. That makes Kansas truly a historical program.
Not only was BB created in Springfield but Volleyball slso
But most importantly football was created in Ct by Ct native
Not only did he re-invent the game of Rugby to American tastes but through a series of Saturday Evening Posts articles created the football myth that quickly made it a national sport . Not a small part of that promotion was he term All-American ( you might have heard the term)
Football is our sport
It was so popular in the state when Yale was a major player they had to construct Yale Bowl to seat 70,000 largely local people 100 years ago.
It's an amazing structure,unimposing from the outside, but dug many stories into the ground.
Big time college football deserted the great fans in Ct that UConn could revive.

Reaction Score
Just for kicks the entire state if Ct is half the size of greater Houston
Take your Storrs blinders off .
The UConn Campus encompasses the entire state.

Not only was BB created in Springfield but Volleyball slso
But most importantly football was created in Ct by Ct native
Not only did he re-invent the game of Rugby to American tastes but through a series of Saturday Evening Posts articles created the football myth that quickly made it a national sport . Not a small part of that promotion was he term All-American ( you might have heard the term)
Football is our sport
It was so popular in the state when Yale was a major player they had to construct Yale Bowl to seat 70,000 largely local people 100 years ago.
It's an amazing structure,unimposing from the outside, but dug many stories into the ground.
Big time college football deserted the great fans in Ct that UConn could revive.
Volleyball was created in Holyoke.

Reaction Score
Agree 100%. As of right now Kansas is higher in basketball hierarchy based on historical performance over UConn

How far for heaven's sake do you guys want to go back? My god, the 40s and early 50s? Ancient history.

Reaction Score
Beverly Davenport ‏@UCPrezDav 24h24 hours ago
Cincinnati-Dayton, w/in 600 miles of 54% of US population; a Top 20 TV market; Westchester explodes along I-75
CoQmvPrXYAEcWYs.jpg

Beverly Davenport
@UCPrezDav
Interim President University of Cincinnati

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Embarrassing....

Cincinnati is a hub airport. It's not a deciding factor but it isn't nothing to people worried about travel time.

BDL has daily nonstops to Dallas and Houston and I think Pittsburgh from B12land . Obviously this doesn't matter for FB Charter flights, but it does for olympic sports.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You take this place too seriously. It was funny, as I'm sure it was meant to be.

TBH, I found it a bit creepy. Didn't feel like getting pulled into the thread.

Reaction Score
Mike DiMauro@BCgenius 42 mins ago
COLUMN: If @Big12Conference wants more money, UConn's selection should be inevitable
Since it's all about the money, UConn is the answer
Very good article from DiMauro. It seems like he may be the only CT print journalist that is beating the drum in support of CR/B-12 and UConn. Doyle just comes out with an arrangement of stuff we have already discussed here a few days prior and Jacobs then comes here..reads our discussions and puts his own spin on them by adding doom and gloom.

Reaction Score
Not so much anymore. Delta has cut most of the flights from there. I remember back in the early 2000s flying 767s between Cincy and BDL. Now they may fly little regional jets.

Cincinnati is a hub airport. It's not a deciding factor but it isn't nothing to people worried about travel time.

BDL has daily nonstops to Dallas and Houston and I think Pittsburgh from B12land . Obviously this doesn't matter for FB Charter flights, but it does for olympic sports.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kansas can sell that their first bball coach was the man who created basketball. We can sell that we are close to the location where basketball was invented and the dribbling was invented in New Britain. Kansas is directly related to the development of the sport of basketball, our school is not. That makes Kansas truly a historical program.

Then consider Wilt Chamberlain. Despite never winning a title, he was almost certainly the best college player of all time. I spent three years in law school across the street from Allen Field House. For all the talk of road trips around here, I strongly suggest that if we get in, any UConn fan must put a road game at AFH on the top of their list. Lawrence is loads of fun anyway, lots of bars and live music, but there's no better college basketball venue.

Reaction Score
Not so much anymore. Delta has cut most of the flights from there. I remember back in the early 2000s flying 767s between Cincy and BDL. Now they may fly little regional jets.

Non-stop cities, if anyone actually cares:

route-map-large.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If it makes you feel better, I feel pretty confident that no one will make a similar assertion about Secretary Clinton.

And if she tried it would be pretty ineffective.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Do people really do a lot of stuff at road games? Other than mixing in other sporting events I don't think I've ever done anything but go to the game and some bars.
I did a ton of stuff on the Michigan trip.

Reaction Score

I meant it was embarrassing that the Interim President of Cincy is continuing to put stuff out there to show how great a candidate they are. Cincy, of all schools, seems to be the unanimous choice. Enough already.

Reaction Score
I meant it was embarrassing that the Interim President of Cincy is continuing to put stuff out there to show how great a candidate they are. Cincy, of all schools, seems to be the unanimous choice. Enough already.
Maybe there are no unanimous choices. There are no perfect candidates. Cincinnati is the midget brother to Ohio State in that state. There is only one school that will deliver it's entire state and some surrounding areas, but we have our warts also.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom