Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 204 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
UConn has a very good following the NYC and Boston. You may know that our home arena in Storrs, CT is Gampel Arena. Well Madison Square Garden in NYC is known as Gampel South. Our fan support there is amazing.

This video is from our Elite 8 against Michigan State at MSG:

It was basically a UConn home game despite the fact that Michigan State travels very well.

You can post any of those great clips anytime! I never tire of watching them. (Here's another of my favorites!)

Reaction Score
UConn has a very good following the NYC and Boston. You may know that our home arena in Storrs, CT is Gampel Arena. Well Madison Square Garden in NYC is known as Gampel South. Our fan support there is amazing.

It was basically a UConn home game despite the fact that Michigan State travels very well. AMTRAK scheduled a special train from Hartford just to handle the crowd going to the game. I think it is fair say we have a decent presence there.

Just got chills watching that. Felt like I was back in the Garden watching it live. Thank you.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't know about anyone else, but the 2 wins over Baylor and 1 over Iowa St would be my favorites. :D
Robert Griffin III: The thing that people think is when you go to these big stadiums and they have 80,000 people or 100,000 people, that these are the toughest stadiums to play at, but really, those aren't. When you have that many people, most of the time, the fans are pretty far away from the field. The toughest places to play are the ones that are jam-packed, are really tight to the field, and sit about 45,000 people. When we played at UConn my freshman year, that was the loudest place I've ever been as a football player. The stands are right next to the field, it was packed, and everyone was yelling. That was probably the coolest place for me to play at aside from Texas, Texas A&M, and Nebraska.

Link

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Wow. I can't believe you just did that...

Nothing mean meant.
2nd Temple in New England is certainly an attraction.
I suppose the "monstrosity" part can be read wrong but that was me being cheeky for some of the early controversy that went along with building such a large place in colonial Farmington.

Even my heathen @ss was impressed by the Temple in SLC when I visited there.

Reaction Score
Robert Griffin III: The thing that people think is when you go to these big stadiums and they have 80,000 people or 100,000 people, that these are the toughest stadiums to play at, but really, those aren't. When you have that many people, most of the time, the fans are pretty far away from the field. The toughest places to play are the ones that are jam-packed, are really tight to the field, and sit about 45,000 people. When we played at UConn my freshman year, that was the loudest place I've ever been as a football player. The stands are right next to the field, it was packed, and everyone was yelling. That was probably the coolest place for me to play at aside from Texas, Texas A&M, and Nebraska.

Link
I hope that quote is used in our presentation.

Reaction Score
Nothing mean meant.
2nd Temple in New England is certainly an attraction.
I suppose the "monstrosity" part can be read wrong but that was me being cheeky for some of the early controversy that went along with building such a large place in colonial Farmington.

Even my heathen @ss was impressed by the Temple in SLC when I visited there.

I wasn't aware that there would be a temple in Hartford, so it's good to know. It looks like a beautiful building to me, but I'll grant that these things can be somewhat subjective. In any case, from a practical sense regarding athletics, having a temple in Hartford can only mean that there is a significant enough population of Mormons in the area to potentially make a meaningful dent in ticket sales or TV eyeballs, granted that all Mormons are not sports fans, much less BYU fans. It doesn't hurt that the founding of our church was in nearby parts of New England either. That could make an enticing travel destination for many of us. I've been to upstate New York and parts of New England a couple of times to tour those areas for that reason, coupled with a Broadway play or something, and I'm sure many would find a football or basketball game a good excuse for a visit of this sort, perhaps.

But let's not get the cart before the horse. We're not even sure to be in yet, so forgive me if I'm hijacking this thread with my anxiety/anticipation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tom Groeschen ‏@TomGroeschen 4h4 hours ago
Tuberville on Big 12 expansion, says #UC has made its pitch: 'If it's meant to be, it'll happen.'

Tom Groeschen
@TomGroeschen
Cincinnati Enquirer sports reporter

CL82

Reaction Score
Tom Groeschen ‏@TomGroeschen 4h4 hours ago
Tuberville on Big 12 expansion, says #UC has made its pitch: 'If it's meant to be, it'll happen.'

Tom Groeschen
@TomGroeschen
Cincinnati Enquirer sports reporter
so BYU and Cinci have gone. Is UConn next up?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
When the hell do we pitch? Who is being pitched to? Ahhhh!
How do we know they actually made a formal pitch/presentation? They could just be referring to campaigning behind the scenes or letting the Big 12 know they're interested.

Reaction Score
Jeff Gravley ‏@jgravleyWRAL 5h5 hours ago Raleigh, NC
NC attorney general @RoyCooperNC pushing for @ECUAthletics to join big 12.

http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/962e9d6f-ffee-40a1-bce3-ef3b14bdf278/CommissionerBowlsbyLtr2.aspx

Roy Cooper ‏@RoyCooperNC 2h2 hours ago
#ECU's inclusion in the Big 12 would mean big things for our university system and eastern NC.

In letters, Cooper and McCrory lobby Big 12 to invite ECU
Read more at In letters, Cooper and McCrory lobby Big 12 to invite ECU :: WRALSportsFan.com

Reaction Score

http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/962e9d6f-ffee-40a1-bce3-ef3b14bdf278/CommissionerBowlsbyLtr2.aspx

#ECU's inclusion in the Big 12 would mean big things for our university system and eastern NC.

Read more at In letters, Cooper and McCrory lobby Big 12 to invite ECU :: WRALSportsFan.com

Cooper is also running for Governor, so take this for what it's worth.

Reaction Score
How do we know they actually made a formal pitch/presentation? They could just be referring to campaigning behind the scenes or letting the Big 12 know they're interested.

The critical moment better not happen when our AD is in the Bahamas.

CL82

Reaction Score
We're drinking pina coladas. ;)
Hmm I might have to write another verse if this goes south.

The Pina Colada Song (UConn version)

I am tired of our conference, I mean it does kind of suck.
But I don't see a way out, without a whole lotta luck.
How did we end up here, when were really hot?
I thought back on how Louisville got the last P5 spot:

Warde had Pina Coladas, while watching girl's basketball.
He did not do any lobbying which is what caused us to fall.
If you like being in a real conference, with teams that you've known for years,
Don't trust the fan of the donuts or you'll end up in tears.

Now I don't blame Suzy, I know it sounds kind of mean.
But I expect that a "rock star" would have known the routine.
Nothing is given, to those who sit back and wait.
And when you think where the blame lies, it's not up for debate...

Warde had Pina Coladas, while watching girl's basketball.
He should have been working, but he was dropping the ball.
So now we're stuck playing Tulsa and likely will be for years.
We trusted the fan of the donuts and we ended in tears.​

Last edited:
Reaction Score

[MEDIA = youtube] 5gUcq6JDqW8 [/ MEDIA]

It was basically a UConn home game despite the fact that Michigan State travels very well. AMTRAK scheduled a special train from Hartford just to handle the crowd going to the game. I think it is fair say we have a decent presence there.

Take it a step further. MSG was, supposedly, St. Johns second home. The St. Johns' athletic department was so upset by the overwhelming number of UConn fans that filled MSG, that they actually changed their ticket plan. To purchase a UConn/St. Johns MSG ticket, one had to purchase a package including two or three horrible St. Johns games all, I believe, at Alumni Hall.

How many "away" teams have that kind of power?

CL82

Reaction Score
This is gonna hurt.
article-2134453-12BDA96C000005DC-649_634x423.jpg

Get ready Nnneeeelson!.

Reaction Score

"Academically, ECU Is an Institution of higher education with nationally recognized undergraduate, graduate, and medical programs. It is a critical component of the crown Jewel of North Carolina, the University of North Carolina higher education system."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom