Key Tweet Discussion (discuss any tweet posted in Key Tweet Thread) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Key Tweet Discussion (discuss any tweet posted in Key Tweet Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This doesn't sound like a school preparing to leave the AAC.....but preparing to replace some other school leaving with a geographic neighbor...

"The AAC would then likely do what it’s done nine times in recent years: replace its loss by snagging a C-USA school.

Although one official told me UConn has been pushing for the league to add the University of Massachusetts"

http://pilotonline.com/sports/colle...cle_31f93f46-25de-541f-ac5c-2e7c6f566cea.html

Not good. Not good at all.
Ahhh welcome to our board @The Stud ....nice FINALLY having a Univ of Houston troll in the mix. Took you guys long enough!

Reaction Score
Houston's going nowhere in CR, and it makes sense for UConn to support a traditional foe and neighboring school as the Huskies' AAC replacement. No brainer for many, but likely not easy to comprehend for community college types across town from Rice or even upstart CUSA writers in Norfolk.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Houston's going nowhere in CR, and it makes absolute sense for UConn to support a traditional foe and neighboring school as the Huskies' AAC replacement. No brainer for many, but likely not easy to comprehend for community college types across town from Rice or even upstart CUSA writers in Norfolk.

Is it inconceivable though that a UConn program out the door would lobby for UMass as it's replacement? I don't think so. Elevating UMass to a better conference - as long as it's outside of the P5 - only helps our program in developing a more competitive local opponent. We're going to need those if we're travelling 1,000 miles per conference game.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We're suggesting UMass as our northeastern replacement. Why else would we care enough to vouch for them? If Cincy leaves, you don't replace them with UMass. That's if this rumor has any legs.

Reaction Score
Is it inconceivable though that a UConn program out the door would lobby for UMass as it's replacement? I don't think so.
No shiite Sherlock. Exactly, it's quite conceivable as the prior message suggests. ;)

Reaction Score
Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 48m48 minutes ago

Baylor announces home-and-home football series with BYU, with 2021 game in Waco and 2022 meeting in Provo.

Reaction Score
Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 48m48 minutes ago
Baylor announces home-and-home football series with BYU, with 2021 game in Waco and 2022 meeting in Provo.

Could be reading too much into this but I doubt this home/home gets announced at this time if BYU were in.

Here Kitty, Kitty:

McMurphyESPN2:29pm via TweetDeck
Big 12 has only approved BYU as non-league Power 5 opponent for Baylor series & not rest of league so far, Big 12 spokesman said

Reaction Score
Sorry I'm missing something here because @UConn Dan alluded to this meaning we are in.

Why do you guys think this is good news for us?

Again, it could mean absolutely nothing. I just find it curious why they would announce a 2021/22 series at this moment versus in the Fall when all this media attention is off of them regarding expansion, CCG, etc. Then again I'm more of a "glass half full" guy when it comes to CR.

Reaction Score
What's fascinating to me is that they are counting BYU as P5 opponent in 2020-21, but NOT as a P5 opponent for any other school.

BYU plays West Virginia this season in Landover, MD.

How's that work?

Reaction Score
Could be reading too much into this but I doubt this home/home gets announced at this time if BYU were in.
Maybe it is a sign that they are being invited and those days will be scheduled as conference games!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Baylor has had the creampuff OOC schedule in football for years. The is the B12 bone to help Baylor with that schedule. Nothing more.

Reaction Score
What's fascinating to me is that they are counting BYU as P5 opponent in 2020-21, but NOT as a P5 opponent for any other school.

BYU plays West Virginia this season in Landover, MD.

How's that work?

BYU is politically connected and has major pockets all along the East Coast megalopolis. Can't blame them for wanting to play a game in DC and they should draw well based on the numbers that showed-up at the Rent. As for WVU, this is actually a smart move for them. Should the XII fold and the Mountaineers need a new home, with good numbers in the stand and on TV at this game, they can promote themselves as carrying part of the DC market, which is a lot better than the Charleston and Morgantown markets. After all, if Syracuse, which is 250 miles away from Times Square, can claim NYC as their market, WVU can do the same for DC, which is only 210 miles away from Morgantown.

Reaction Score
Listen you bastards.

I specifically posted a key tweet in the key tweet discussion thread, with the intention of forcing Fishy to merge the two threads.

You're now having an active discussion about a key tweet that was posted in the key tweet discussion thread, where it clearly does not belong.

God have mercy on your souls.

Seriously, you'd never see this kind of crap on the message board of a P5 school...

Reaction Score
Maybe it is a sign that they are being invited and those days will be scheduled as conference games!

Jarom Jordan from BYU Sports Nation......
Jarom Jordan‏@jaromjordan

BYU now has 4 of the 5 power 5 saying they count as a P5 equivalent. The Pac 12 doesn't need to say it. They just do it w/o discussion.
10:43 AM - 31 Mar 2016

Reaction Score
This doesn't sound like a school preparing to leave the AAC.....but preparing to replace some other school leaving with a geographic neighbor...

"The AAC would then likely do what it’s done nine times in recent years: replace its loss by snagging a C-USA school.

Although one official told me UConn has been pushing for the league to add the University of Massachusetts"

http://pilotonline.com/sports/colle...cle_31f93f46-25de-541f-ac5c-2e7c6f566cea.html

Not good. Not good at all.
UMass could replace UConn the way any 5th tier Texas school could replace Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom