Key Tweet Discussion (discuss any tweet posted in Key Tweet Thread) | The Boneyard

Key Tweet Discussion (discuss any tweet posted in Key Tweet Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
  1. Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 4m4 minutes ago
    With Schulz leaving as chair of Big 12 board of directors, he could be replaced by K-State interim pres or next pres in line: David Boren.

4 retweets5 likes

2. Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 7m7 minutes ago
    Bob Bowlsby also said the departure of K-State pres Kirk Schulz to Wash St shouldn't delay Big 12 decision-making process this summer.

4 retweets1 like

3. Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 10m10 minutes ago
    Big 12's Bob Bowlsby says early research from league data study shows football conf title game and 13th data point improves playoff chances.

Not like this is a surprise...

Reaction Score
  1. Mike Finger ‏@mikefinger 14m14 minutes ago
    Mike Finger Retweeted Chuck Carlton

"Early research?" Like they're analyzing DNA strands or something?

Mike Finger added,

Chuck Carlton @ChuckCarltonDMN
    Big 12's Bob Bowlsby says early research from league data study shows football conf title game and 13th data point improves playoff chances.
    0 retweets6 likes
Chuck CarltonVerified account‏@ChuckCarltonDMN
@mikefinger Actually that part is pretty final, Bowlsby said. Probably bad phrasing my part. Work on schedule models, league number ongoing.

This is an interesting development

Reaction Score
Since this is the thread to comment on Key Tweets and responses to Key Tweets, Billybud should realize that the two best years for the Big East in terms of credits were 2009 and 2011.

Guess what, Louisville did not exceed UConn in making runs in those years.

UConn made the final four in those years. Louisville did not.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This thread is basically inception.

images

Reaction Score
Key Tweet, key discussion, non-key tweet, non-key discussion. WTF is this world coming to? I am really really confused. I do not know where to post now.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Key Tweet, key discussion, non-key tweet, non-key discussion. what is this world coming to? I am really really confused. I do not know where to post now.
No worries I'm planning on starting a thread called

"Key Tweet, Non-Key Tweet, or non-key tweet discussion - what to read/where to post."

It will be a read only thread, with key questions. Non-key questions will need to go in the

"Non-key questions - discussion" thread.

If you aren't sure if your "Key Tweet, Non-Key Tweet, or non-key tweet discussion - what to read/where to post" question is key or non-key, just PM Fishy. I'm sure he'd be glad to help.

Reaction Score
  1. Mike Finger ‏@mikefinger 14m14 minutes ago
    Mike Finger Retweeted Chuck Carlton

"Early research?" Like they're analyzing DNA strands or something?

Mike Finger added,

Chuck Carlton @ChuckCarltonDMN
    0 retweets6 likes
Chuck CarltonVerified account‏@ChuckCarltonDMN
@mikefinger Actually that part is pretty final, Bowlsby said. Probably bad phrasing my part. Work on schedule models, league number ongoing.

This is an interesting development

Ha! I like Mike Finger. The San Antonio Express college football writers have always been solid. Chuck Carlton is the least offensive member of the Dallas Morning News sports staff but the DMN has always been pretty bad, just not as quite as bad as the Austin American Statesman staff.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Right now, I really do.

I need a time machine so I can go back to 1998 and smother this thing in its crib.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I need a time machine so I can go back to 1998 and smother this thing in its crib.

If you're going back that far, can't you just find and smother Hathaway? He should be on campus somewhere. Think of the ripple effect if he never gets hired as AD. These tweet threads may not even exist.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If you're going back that far, can't you just find and smother Hathaway? He should be on campus somewhere. Think of the ripple effect if he never gets hired as AD. These tweet threads may not even exist.

I can see Fishy raving about D1 football, conference networks and AAU status...and getting the full Bruce Willis treatment in 12 Monkeys...drooling in an asylum somewhere. Maybe he'll luck out with Madeline Stowe as a Psychiatrist, who knows?

Reaction Score
This doesn't sound like a school preparing to leave the AAC.....but preparing to replace some other school leaving with a geographic neighbor...

"The AAC would then likely do what it’s done nine times in recent years: replace its loss by snagging a C-USA school.

Although one official told me UConn has been pushing for the league to add the University of Massachusetts"

http://pilotonline.com/sports/colle...cle_31f93f46-25de-541f-ac5c-2e7c6f566cea.html

Not good. Not good at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul