Key Tweet Discussion (discuss any tweet posted in Key Tweet Thread) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Key Tweet Discussion (discuss any tweet posted in Key Tweet Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
@Fishy has our resident Houston Troll @The Stud worn out his welcome already?

The Stud earned my quickest Ignore ever. For the longest time, I ignored Ignore. A couple of dopes forced my hand, I went for it and never looked back. I just checked and I'm now up to 41. I read a few posts now that don't make sense in context, but they are usually just calling someone an idiot. I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
You couldn't let it ride for a few moments? After all, we've been kicked in the 'nads for years. Darn visitor! :rolleyes:

What??? I hate escalators! They are nothing but stupid moving stairs. They always put those stupid things in the middle of a store I'm trying to keep my wife from shopping at! They lead to another level of my wife spending my money! I finally have the courage to express my dislike for escalators, and you go and get all Boneyard xenophobic on me for my beliefs. Now I can no longer express my feelings on modes of transportation here without fear of being ostracized. Who will I be able to express my dislike of unicycles and gondolas to. I has sad.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Maybe it is a sign that they are being invited and those days will be scheduled as conference games!
Why waste the time drafting and signing an agreement, especially when both teams would eventually need to replace the game anyway?

Reaction Score
Why waste the time drafting and signing an agreement, especially when both teams would eventually need to replace the game anyway?
Your point is well taken. I think maybe they just wanted something in writing. I'm probably reading into something that isn't there.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Your point is well taken. I think maybe they just wanted something in writing. I'm probably reading into something that isn't there.
Well let's hope there is something to read into (ie Indiana and Illinois series for us).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The Stud earned my quickest Ignore ever. For the longest time, I ignored Ignore. A couple of dopes forced my hand, I went for it and never looked back. I just checked and I'm now up to 41. I read a few posts now that don't make sense in context, but they are usually just calling someone an idiot. I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

41 ignores? Oy Vey. I think I'm at 5 or 6. But this board does go muchore smoothly with strategically used ignore.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's like tattoos. You get one or two then it just gets out of hand.
My mental image @Waquoit now:
upload_2016-4-2_11-40-26.png

Reaction Score
Swimming in shark-free waters ;)...

FYI on Rodney's OmniPop post. It comes almost a year to the day of his previous post on the subject:

Key Tweet: What do Ann Arbor, Washington, D.C., and West Hartford have in common?

There he referenced Connecticut's fiber initiative: Internet2 and Connecticut Education Network (CEN) Announce 100 Gbit/s Connection for University of Connecticut | Internet2 News

If found a more recent article here on yet another initiative to beef up the backbone: Legislative Committee Backs Study Of Internet Speed, Broadband Access

Courant said:
The latest flash point is state legislation, approved 15-5 Thursday by the General Assembly's commerce committee, calling for a task force to study a plan for data centers and an ultrahigh-speed broadband network for the bioscience, health care and insurance industries and public and private universities and research institutions.

Backers of the legislation, which now heads to the Senate, say it will promote key business, particularly as the state aggressively promotes its bioscience industry. Business lobbyists counter by saying such a plan falsely implies that Connecticut lags in broadband speed and access.

State Comptroller Kevin Lembo called ultrahigh-speed broadband an economic development tool and a "strategy that needs to be pursued."

"If we don't do something, someone else will and they'll eat our lunch," he said.

Reaction Score
Also,
Fred Carstensen, an economics professor at the University of Connecticut, told the committee that the state has invested more than $100 million for a high-quality Internet network as part of the Connecticut Education Network. But the state has failed to develop a "coherent strategy" to use CEN and "trails woefully" in data centers that house computer systems, components and computing power, he said.

Not sure what the expectation is there since there are so many options for "cloud computing" now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you want to understand the internet link between NY and Chicago just read the Michael Lewis book Flash Boys.

It will also show you how Wall Street is screwing you if you'd like to know.

Reaction Score
If you want to understand the internet link between NY and Chicago just read the Michael Lewis book Flash Boys.

Amazing how they make split second trades based on split second information.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Amazing how they make split second trades based on split second information.

They don't make trades so much as they front run orders. Hopefully it gets the same film treatment as The Big Short.

Reaction Score
(Memphis) Must've gotten an SEC invite with that non conference schedule.
Nah, Memphis is just reverting to their original West Tennessee State name and appropriate Sun Belt directional place in the world with N. Texas and S. Alabama games.

Reaction Score

I read something that said the internet wasn't fast enough because of the distance, so now they can use microwaves (not the kind that heats up food).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I read something that said the internet wasn't fast enough because of the distance, so now they can use microwaves (not the kind that heats up food).

That's part of the story....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69