Just heard on WFAN | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Just heard on WFAN

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Ollie will be gone if we miss the NCAA tournament again. It won't happen mid-year, but at the end of the year. AD Dave and the university aren't about to let Ollie have consecutive "one more" years to figure things out no matter how many zeroes the buy-out involves.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I heard the same thing. I checked the Courant Web site and twitter and nothing is being reported. Sounds like the caller (who supposedly was from Storrs, Ct) just wanted to create some fake news and start a little media/social media storm.

OK, what Boneyarder did this?

Fess up, you'll probably get a real lot of likes

Reaction Score
"What it takes to be a UConn fan" = tolerance of mediocrity
Lol yeah. firing Ollie will bring better than mediocrity? Have you spent some time thinking about what a program that fires their head coach looks like? it certainty won't be better than mediocrity. and when the new coach comes in and he has the same amount of time to win a NC and not suck a couple years later. What has it been 6years? Fire him and do it again. Foolish!
By the way we are not Mediocre right now. we suck! It kills me. and I blame Ollie as well. but.... the last thing we should do is fire Ollie!!!!! If anything we need Ollie supported more(maybe the nba will come calling again because he is so highly liked?) Our programs history will hold with a couple of losing seasons because of our NC's and we will be back and better than before. = Patience and support! Find some positives you'll be happier.Low expectations the key to happiness.
Questioned to ponder. If Ollie is here for 2 more years and turns next years team into conference runner up and a sweet 16 team. DO you hate yourself for hating Ollie or still hate Ollie and want him fired?

Reaction Score
Lol yeah. firing Ollie will bring better than mediocrity? Have you spent some time thinking about what a program that fires their head coach looks like? it certainty won't be better than mediocrity. and when the new coach comes in and he has the same amount of time to win a NC and not suck a couple years later. What has it been 6years? Fire him and do it again. Foolish!
By the way we are not Mediocre right now. we suck! It kills me. and I blame Ollie as well. but.... the last thing we should do is fire Ollie!!!!! If anything we need Ollie supported more(maybe the nba will come calling again because he is so highly liked?) Our programs history will hold with a couple of losing seasons because of our NC's and we will be back and better than before. = Patience and support! Find some positives you'll be happier.Low expectations the key to happiness.
Questioned to ponder. If Ollie is here for 2 more years and turns next years team into conference runner up and a sweet 16 team. DO you hate yourself for hating Ollie or still hate Ollie and want him fired?

"Low expectations the key to happiness" gives it away.

Maybe a program like UMass or Central is more your speed.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Yeah who fires a coach? Nobody has ever done that and improved.

The NBA doesn’t generally come looking for coaches who can’t win half their games in the 7th best NCAA conference. The NBA is weird like that.

Reaction Score
Just like Diaco last year, the school can't afford not to make a change. That 10 million is a sunk cost, DB needs to raise money for the next coach who will probably come in making less than Ollie.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Digging in to some of the quotes, hearing Adams say he "kinda notices that trend" about UConn starting out slow and playing to level of competition is horse manure. Be honest with yourself Jalen. Own it and say you are practicing to make it better. Saying you "kinda notice" is really saying you're "kinda pregnant".

Reaction Score
You are double-counting. AD Benedict knew the situation, knew the unhappiness of the players and interviewed all of them, must have known several were considering transferring and why. You can't count the transfers and the decommit as post-retention decision events.

As for this year, what is surprising about it? With Gilbert there was some hope to become an NCAA bubble team, but without him we're a kenpom #100 team at best and can hope to reach .500 and make the NIT. The team is playing to expectations so far. Unevenly, to be sure, but about as expected. How many teams finish above .500 that lack a center, lack a point guard, lack 3 point shooters, have all-freshman forwards, and lack experience playing together?

As you say, the team has to show cohesion, heart, progress, and signs of good coaching. Another post-season of discontent would be unacceptable. But if the team progresses like a normal basketball team and returns like a basketball team, then I think Ollie gets another year.

Bottom line for me: Ollie has shown once before that he can coach a complete roster with good players to the highest success; and he's shown that with his Chillious-led coaching staff he can recruit effectively. Thus there's reason to hope that we'll in time once again have a complete roster with good players, and we may see them then attain high levels of success. But, it's all dependent on player development and building a team. Let's watch and root for him.

Well said and well done!

Remember what Kevin Durant said about KO? Hoping with the right players he can mold them into a winner.
The current team is too much of a work in progress. No identity. Injuries hurt last year but this year too many young kids and lack of playing time together. I want UCONN to do the best they can this year and hope for a major turnaround next year.

Kevin Durant Credits UConn Coach Kevin Ollie for Helping OKC Thunder Be Winners

Ollie will be given another opportunity to bounce back next year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He is also a handpicked alumni national champion coach. If we thought he had a tough act to follow imagine the guy filling kos shoes. Won’t be a lot of suitors chasing down that opportunity especially in this conference. Calhoun has made a new mold in college sports where hockey may be the only other sport similar. If you can build a powerful program why would you leave? And I’m talking about building one. Mark few. Marshall. Bobby Hurley. Danny Hurley? They aren’t coming here to adopt someone else’s kid when they have one of their own. They may move conferences but not from schools. Brad Stevens and billy Donavan are the exceptions but who could say no to Durant and Westbrook at the time, and Brad is a prodigy.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Well said and well done!

Remember what Kevin Durant said about KO? Hoping with the right players he can mold them into a winner.
The current team is too much of a work in progress. No identity. Injuries hurt last year but his year to many young kids and lack of playing time together.
I want UCONN to do the best they can this year and hope for a major turnaround next year.

Kevin Durant Credits UConn Coach Kevin Ollie for Helping OKC Thunder Be Winners

Ollie will be given another opportunity to bounce back next year.
Why? You mean like the opportunity he was given the last 4 years? Sure, what the hell. Maybe he'll have a good year and that'll give in the right to the 4 after that to be in the shitter. We used to have pride in our program, now we only have 'next year'.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He is also a handpicked alumni national champion coach. If we thought he had a tough act to follow imagine the guy filling kos shoes. Won’t be a lot of suitors chasing down that opportunity especially in this conference. Calhoun has made a new mold in college sports where hockey may be the only other sport similar. If you can build a powerful program why would you leave? And I’m talking about building one. Mark few. Marshall. Bobby Hurley. Danny Hurley? They aren’t coming here to adopt someone else’s kid when they have one of their own. They may move conferences but not from schools. Brad Stevens and billy Donavan are the exceptions but who could say no to Durant and Westbrook at the time, and Brad is a prodigy.
Following the guy with two straight losing seasons for the first time in 35 years will actually be a great situation. You never want to follow a coaching genius and the next guy surely doesn't have to worry about that.

Reaction Score
Following the guy with two straight losing seasons for the first time in 35 years will actually be a great situation. You never want to follow a coaching genius and the next guy surely doesn't have to worry about that.
I 've been following this fire Ollie crap for three weeks. We will get an idiot to coach, with all the decommits and transfers, we will be like Memphis USF and Tulsa. For years to come, you'll be all screaming to fire the next guy, After two years of the idiot that follows KO that guy will get fired, then they'll call KO and he'll be like Edsal following Diaco. You heard it here first. Most of you guys don't know what you are wishing for.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I mean this is hardly a surprise.

He's been at the helm while the program has done its best impression of the Hindenburg

I'm not the crazy fan some of you are, but I literally never missed a game of UConn basketball growing up, throughout my time in Storrs, and up until about 2 years ago. Now I just don't give a crap. They're boring. They lose to mid majors and SEC schools not named Kentucky or Florida. They haven't won the AAC regular season crown yet!

Ollie may not be the whole problem but he's a significant part of it. It's time for him to go, in my opinion. His ceiling these days is just leading us to the tournament, forget leading us to a title.

Reaction Score
What a load of nonsense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed69

Top Bottom