• Agreed, he is the worst of the worst.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • No, I'm a glutton for torture.

Votes: 75 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd love to know if I'm alone in feeling tortured when I have to listen to a game on the radio.

Reaction Score
Listen to XM radio one week to calls from around the nation. Joe D is a way, way, way better than average college play by play announcer. Not to mention that he has a color guy working with him who doesn't add any expertise in either hoops or pigskin.

Reaction Score
Is this a real thread/poll??? Do you watch the games on TV? Mike Patrick and god knows what other announcers we get on cbs sports and sny. Mike Patrick and Tim welsh to name two. Joe D and Wayne Norman are awesome. Double thumbs down to this
Wayne Norman is good. Completely disagree on Joe D. We all have a right to our own opinion...that's why I asked, to know if anyone shared my opinion.

You could ask "is this a real thread/poll" or post about a lot of the garbage posted on here. If I'm not aloud to ask, then take it down.

Reaction Score
Listen to XM radio one week to calls from around the nation. Joe D is a way, way, way better than average college play by play announcer. Not to mention that he has a color guy working with him who doesn't add any expertise in either hoops or pigskin.

Joe D is one of the most respected in the college ranks.

Wayne is great also.

UConn's got a great team.

Reaction Score
I hear Joe D's voice, and I immediately think of four national championships. He's made some unforgettable calls throughout the years, of moments that have brought us incredible joy. I have no idea how a Uconn fan could start this thread. (Agree with Leebo, this has got to be a troll.)

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Don't feed the trolls. Ban this idiot.

And I'm not even particularly fond of JoeD... but still, the OP

Reaction Score
I'd love to know if I'm alone in feeling tortured when I have to listen to a game on the radio.
Your not tortured you are a moron. I live in Ga. And get to hear hear all the 'deep south' Sec and ACC announcers. Joe D can more than hold his own. Get some basis before you allow excrement to spew from your mouth.

Reaction Score
Just to clarify: the "alcohol, absinthe, and stupidity" line refers to the OP's poll.

Joe D is a master of his craft.

Reaction Score
I wish each high-profile UConn sports team would have their own announcers. I just think it's hinky how Joe D does all the sports. One sport is fine for him, share the wealth.

Reaction Score
mlz if you are Joe D just say so. Funny question to ask to resolve insecurities. Anyway you are a fine announcer.

Reaction Score
Joe D is as much a part of UCONN as the players and given the opportunity he's gonna do his job until carried feet first out of Gampel. This is the whole conversation about homer announcers who the locals usually love but the opponents mostly hate. Notable is John Sterling radio voice of the Yankees who is a caricature and if you approach it strictly from broadcaster skills, he gets an F. Entertainment and humor value ( pop ups called home runs, Broadway show tune references) an A+. As a Yankee fan Castiglione's voice is fingernails on a blackboard but I'm quite sure it's music to a Sox fan.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
The only thing you can accuse Joe D of being is a homer (and I don't think that that's a bad thing). But, he knows his college hoops, and when I listen to his call, I feel like I'm watching the game on TV. I completely disagree with the OP. Joe D is a talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom