Jeff Jacobs Sits Down w GDL | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs Sits Down w GDL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You read this and there is only one conclusion you can reach. George and Pasqualoni concluded that UConn had almost no talent on the offensive side of the football. So the best thing to do was play defense and play close to the vest on offense and hope for the best. Not that different from how Edsall played it really, with 3 exceptions. they haven't gotten take-aways on defense, they don't have the stud running back and the kicking game has not been as good. But if they in fact believe this, it seems to me that they should just go with younger players, the rest of the way. Play Tebucky. Play Joe Williams more. Play the younger o-linemen, Cruz and the freshman tackle everyone is so high on. See what they can do and give them some experience. Maybe it pays off in next season. This year is a total washout. We maybe get 1 more win. If you look at the recruiting these guys did, it actually does suggest that they felt that way. They brought in a JUCO quarterback, a JUCO tight end, a transfer receiver, and tried to land another in the kid from Clemson. they also took a transfer on the line. I'm not saying they were right or wrong, but I don't think there is any question that's what they thought. FWIW, its consistent with what they have been telling Dez, too, I think.

The play it like Edsall strategy very well might have worked this year if they didn't stop the OL from firing off the line and blocking someone. But when you've lost the confidence of your OL, and taken them away from their game, that strategy becomes dumb.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Aside from anything else... it's interesting that someone, be it Coach P, AD Manuel, or someone else in the athletic department, someone thought it would be good or necessary for GDL to do a sit-down with the local sports opinion curmudgeon. What to read into it, other than this wouldn't have happened under FHCRE, I don't know.

Reaction Score
Keeler publicly stated that he had not been contacted by and had no interest in the UConn job shortly after his agent found out that his not being contacted for an interview was not going to change.

That's different than saying that he had no interest. Which is ridiculous.

C

Chief00

Deleone's interview inspires as much confidence with the fans as he does with the team on Game Day. I don't doubt he works hard but at this point that translates to being more delusional. He has built an alternate reality.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
That's different than saying that he had no interest. Which is ridiculous.
Exactly. He announced that he had no interest in the job as soon as he found out he wasn't being considered.

On that note I have little interest in Jessica Alba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom