Jeff Jacobs Sits Down w GDL | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs Sits Down w GDL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yea, especially the part that says Pasqualoni will get a 3rd year no matter what
suicide.gif

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
:eek::oops::rolleyes: where are these cool new smiley faces coming from? i only get the basic ones in my reply :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D

Reaction Score
Mind set speaks for itself. You play/scheme like your offense sucks; it will suck. Maybe recognize LM 100% of time at RB is not the answer; wildcat last year sucked even when SM was able to actually catch the hike without fumbling. Hard to gain zero yards so sometimes wildcat or run on 1st down is going to work. Simply put, if pregame planning on offense/defense initially works other team makes adjustments and Uconn doesn't and that's it -that's bad coaching whether you do it 19 hours a day or not.
If his job was so good in NFL, maybe he can get another chance there next year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hard to believe he isn't popular he may as well just come out and say the players on offense suck.

Certainly seems like the Courant is hearing from legitimate sources P is back. If he brings this clown back - may as well check back in 2014. They will be lucky to win 3 next year.

Reaction Score
Miami hired a new head coach last year, chances are DeLeone would have been out of that job anyway, my guess is he is also making more money as UCONN's offensive coordinator then he was as Miami's TE's coach.

If he truly is doing the 18 hours a day thing it may be part of the problem and needs to stop. How can you be a creative and effective play caller when you are zombied out from lack of sleep, it may also be effecting his ability to communicate with the players.

The results being produced by this offense are horrendous, If he truly cares about this school and P he will step down at season's end and hopefully spend more time with his family and get some sleep.

Reaction Score
This part was just odd . . .

"I haven't read a newspaper since I've been here. I never will. I have been in these situations long enough to know that everyone is going to have an opinion and most of them will not help you get ready for practice that day. Or maybe give you an opinion to slant your ideas of who you are and what you have to do. I will never do that. I get asked a lot of questions. I'm not stupid. From that I know what's being written. It doesn't bother me."

I am not bothered by what is written in the newspapers. Except that . . . ALSO . . . I am terrified to read one because I might be exposed to something that causes me to fundamentally question the very fiber of my being. You know, who am I and why am I here?

Paul made the mistake of leaving a newspaper lying around at Syracuse one time. . .

9210175-small.jpg

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
What a nightmare. We can't take three years of these clowns. OK?

Reaction Score
I still believe if they lose out, at the very least, GDL is gone. Hopefully PP as well.

I also think if GDL is still here next year we see a few offensive players transfer.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
"Our best chance to win is to play great defense...do a tremendous job in the kicking game and have our offense be complementary to that."

My ghost posted this because I shot myself as soon as I read that. The first shot didn't get me, but as I struggled to get up off the floor, I caught a second glance at that paragragh and immediately shot myself again.

Sure, George is wallpapering his house with plays, but we never knew he was plastering it with diabolical punts.

I am running out of bullets.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Stepping outside of wanting to shoot myself, that really is a very good read.

Jacobs was fair and DeLeone was open.

I do still want to shoot myself, and I kinda want to shoot DeLeone before he muddles up the offense for even one more day, but now I want to give him a really big head start. He got me with the 'my school' stuff - at the end of the day, he's still a Husky.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Meh, still don't see it, I guess it's confirmation bias.

18 hours a day seem wasted if he can't use some of them to connect with the linemen, find what makes them tick, and what can be done to get them into his system.

Maybe he really is a great TE coach, and one on one with a good player like Griffen he can have impact. With a group of guys like the line, he doesn't seem to get his setup ingrained. That is killing us.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I honestly think he's more likeable after that read. He's someone who cares about his job and spends every waking moment dedicated to it. He's as frustrated as we are. He cares about UConn.

... he still should be fired, but hey, that's life.

F

fortebleedsblue

Two things... Defense isn't the only thing that wins games anymore.... Look to the big 12.

"Last year we had the leading rusher in the Big East and a wildcat package I thought was tremendously effective. I felt like we could build on both."

He lost me at that statement. No one has ever liked the wildcat.. Not even Rutgers fans. I thought stats dont matter to him just wins.... So the fact that he says a 5-7 record last year was tremendously successful is insulting to Uconn fans who saw their team go to a BCS.

Reaction Score
Deleone is out too friggin lunch. He is still on that getting behind the chains bull , even though we might be the worst running team in the country. News flash bro, we haven't been in too many second and sixes with what you're running and the wildcat outside of one series against UMD this year has been an utter disaster.

You're trying to win, but your not. Go sit on a 14 point first quarter lead again you dope.

Reaction Score
Yup. Sometimes your best isn't good enough.

The real shame in it is that he has produced effective offense for us multiple times, he just inexplicably abandons what's working every time.

Reaction Score
The sad thing is he said he's there at 5AM and leaves at Midnight...And we get THIS offense every week?!?
All those hours sure lead to a lot of creativity. There is another handoff on first down to McCombs for a two yard loss, way to stay ahead of the chains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom