Jeff Jacobs: He Needs To Say 'I Am Sorry' So We Can All Move On | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: He Needs To Say 'I Am Sorry' So We Can All Move On

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Let's be clear, he was saying that the worst decision of his life was the decision to sneak away like a thief in the night. Not the decision to leave UConn. And if he had it to do over again, he would have handled it the the exact same way. He had to do it that way or risk getting removed before the game. And there was no way he was going to let that happen. You can tell that coaching a New Year's Day game is the highlight of his professional career. The reason he didn't say sorry is because he's not.

That's what he needed to apologize for - sneaking away - and he did - end of story
NO apology needed for taking another job - that would be stupid and I would think less of the man if he did (Sorry I'm taking a higher paying job with more profile - that's what you want him to say? yeah right )
I don't blame the man to want to coach in a NYD bowl game - and how do you know he didn't get the call right after the game?
Listen, I was pissed too but my father put it in perspective for me - he reached what was likely the pinnacle of his UConn career at that time and went on to something that to him, not me, not you, that was very dear to him at that time. He doesn't live for us he lives for him and his family.
Let it sink in and then leave the subject alone

Reaction Score
That's what he needed to apologize for - sneaking away - and he did - end of story
NO apology needed for taking another job - that would be stupid and I would think less of the man if he did (Sorry I'm taking a higher paying job with more profile - that's what you want him to say? yeah right )
I don't blame the man to want to coach in a NYD bowl game - and how do you know he didn't get the call right after the game?
Listen, I was pissed too but my father put it in perspective for me - he reached what was likely the pinnacle of his UConn career at that time and went on to something that to him, not me, not you, that was very dear to him at that time. He doesn't live for us he lives for him and his family.
Let it sink in and then leave the subject alone
You're absolutely right, he has nothing to apologize for in terms of accepting the MD job, it's his method of leaving the program that was cold and backstabbing. And he genuinely apologized for that today.

Now, whether that MD job was very dear to him and really was his dream job.....not so sure I'd believe that one.

Reaction Score
Let's be clear, he was saying that the worst decision of his life was the decision to sneak away like a thief in the night. Not the decision to leave UConn. And if he had it to do over again, he would have handled it the the exact same way. He had to do it that way or risk getting removed before the game. And there was no way he was going to let that happen. You can tell that coaching a New Year's Day game is the highlight of his professional career. The reason he didn't say sorry is because he's not.

You and Palatine need to get a room. Enough already. We get it. He didn't offer a bj to you to make it all better.

Get over it.

Reaction Score
He did it. He said it. Let's get on with the program already. The man isn't just the head football coach, he IS UConn Football.

Reaction Score
He did it. He said it. Let's get on with the program already. The man isn't just the head football coach, he IS UConn Football.
Agreed. Enough rear view mirror crap. Time to look out the windshield

Reaction Score
Agreed. Enough rear view mirror crap. Time to look out the windshield
Too much bad football has happened the past 6 years. This program was in places it had never been before with Edsall. Without him, it's been forgotten about in the college football world. I remember watching the PITT and ND games on TV. The game in the snow against USF when Teggart made the game winning field goal. Those were the games we lived for. Those were the games that this fan base was excited and jazzed up about. That was when football meant something around here. Without Edsall, this program lost its life and air. I believe with him again, we will see a bounce back.

Reaction Score

In the second video (interview with Kevin Nathan), he says: "I'm sorry that it happened that way."

Randy Edsall Excited to Return as UConn Head Football Coach

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But did he say "I'm sorry Waquoit, who I have no idea how I would have made you so angry, for so long. Please, please forgive me"
No, he didn't. If he did, I would think about. But let's not kid ourselves. He hasn't changed, he's the same guy. Is that good enough now? I do like how he admitted that the passing game is important. But he also said that the UConn job is the only HC job he would have ever considered. Does anyone really believe that? But his eyes got a little moist and that's all it took for you softies.

Reaction Score
No, he didn't. If he did, I would think about. But let's not kid ourselves. He hasn't changed, he's the same guy. Is that good enough now? I do like how he admitted that the passing game is important. But he also said that the UConn job is the only HC job he would have ever considered. Does anyone really believe that? But his eyes got a little moist and that's all it took for you softies.

You know what. Being that you've been around so long and I have actually met you, I would give you some time, but I see you are in this mood for the long haul.

I know it won't mean anything to you but it's time to ignore. I know Palatine even better than you and he's about to go on ignore.

I'm clearing the way for me to enjoy the new ride. I'm not going to spend my time, like when it was Randy 1.0, defending him to no end.

All you haters go for it. When you go on ignore it will be better for the whole board. No back and forth from me.

I suggest others use the ignore button as well.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You know what. Being that you've been around so long and I have actually met you, I would give you some time, but I see you are in this mood for the long haul.
I know it won't mean anything to you but it's time to ignore. I know Palatine even better than you and he's about to go on ignore.
I'm clearing the way for me to enjoy the new ride. I'm not going to spend my time, like when it was Randy 1.0, defending him to no end.
All you haters go for it. When you go on ignore it will be better for the whole board. No back and forth from me.
I suggest others use the ignore button as well.
A couple of days isn't the long haul, art. And like I've said before, I'm sure I'm going to come around. I thought I would be there by now. Today didn't help. Crocodile tears and forgetting the AD's name wasn't a plus for me. I didn't see an older and wiser HCRE, just an older HCRE. But I notice you and your boy Skib are working the board hard today, badmouthing and insulting any who don't share your glee. Believe me, I would much rather be wrong about this than right. You know where I sit, if this works out feel free to come by and remind me you got it right. I won't worry about any late game visits, you'll have already left by then.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Other than Jazz, Randy never showed any emotion other than when we won. Today showed me he has perspective which made him emotional. Seeing more people here that at the Tulane game stunned Benedict and reminded Randy of our good ole days. He isn't one for crocodile tears.

He is our coach now and I for one can't wait for the Holy Cross game to see his influence. If I am an Arkeel, Beals, Hergy, Myers, Bloom etc, I will be so psyched coming out of that tunnel.

Reaction Score
You and Palatine need to get a room. Enough already. We get it. He didn't offer a bj to you to make it all better.

Get over it.

You and Skiblets have given Randy Edsall enough lap dances for 1 night. Enough already. We get it. He gave you and Skiblets the sloppiest bj's you could ask for. All so he could get your support on the BY.

Reaction Score
I have a lot of opinions on this so bare with me.. I have no athletic department experience for the record but enough business experience where I think I can relate in some senses. My thoughts:

Randy left the program & kids included high & dry after BCS: YES, and he has in my mind genuinely accepted and apologized for this. It's never easy leaving a job especially when you're a leader of staff and in this case many young men. however after being mentored by many respectful people, i believe that you need to always take care of yourself and your family. Randy was unhappy with FADJH and saw the chance to seek another opportunity. Many, including myself, were quick to bash him however it happens very often in our day to day lives.

In my current situation we have a new president who started from a foreign subsidiary & has many different views than i, thus i think my best bet is to move on. With doing so i will let many people down including many direct reports; however i must do whats best for me and my family just like RE ended up doing however deliverance of the news will be the key to ensure a successful transition which i hope for. My point after all the rambling is is that you dont always know the whole story and while he messed up he accepts it and has apologized without getting into all the background details with FADJH which had much to do with it. Lets give him a shot.

Happy NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01