Jeff Jacobs: He Needs To Say 'I Am Sorry' So We Can All Move On | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: He Needs To Say 'I Am Sorry' So We Can All Move On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I've been debating starting a thread on this subject all day but I'm glad Jacobs brought it up. At the end of the day, the way everything ended NEEDS to be discussed so that it can be put to bed. If Edsall swallows his pride and admits things were handled wrong, the rest will fall into place. We all know his issues with that d'bag Hathoway and the rest of the garbage, but it will not go away until it's addressed. If he doesn't address it, it shows he is the same egotistical tool that left and that's not good at all, especially when the losses start piling up next year. He has NO equity here and he will lose the fanbase quicker than Bobby Red Pants ever could. On the flip side, if he shows some humility he will build a lot of trust and fan equity that will allow him to take the time needed to get us back on track.
You're on the clock Randy!

Reaction Score
I'm so tired of this meme. The dude left for another job. Made bank, and failed miserably. Now he comes back to a job that is a pertfect fit for him and he is a perfect for. Whoever, as a fan needs an apology should find a safe space.

At his age, he isn't going to be looking for his next gig, nor does he need the money.

This is about getting our program back to respectability, not about apologies or 6 year grudges.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm so tired of this meme. The dude left for another job. Made bank, and failed miserably. Now he comes back to a job that is a pertfect fit for him and he is a perfect for. Whoever, as a fan needs an apology should find a safe space.

At his age, he isn't going to be looking for his next gig, nor does he need the money.

This is about getting our program back to respectability, not about apologies or 6 year grudges.

I agree that I can't believe some people aren't over it. He should say it just though just so we don't have to hear about it anymore.

Reaction Score
I agree that I can't believe some people aren't over it. He should say it just though just so we don't have to hear about it anymore.
Guess you're right, but if he doesn't then what? More batching and moaning? Enough already of all the things to be worried about. Edsall is not the politically correct type, he may not say it out of principles.

Reaction Score
Whoever, as a fan needs an apology should find a safe space.

You would have enjoyed the calls w/ Gresh on WTIC this afternoon. I had to change channels and for once it wasn't because of Gresh!

Reaction Score
Apology, stop. The guy took another job. Granted he didn't exit gracefully but Christ he didn't put the school on probation and doesn't have 6 bodies buried at the rent.

Saying "hey hindsight is 20/20 and I shouldn't have left because we were building something here and sometimes you get caught up in it s bit, but I'm happy to be back and look forward to getting to work and getting us back where we belong" make sense but apology, come on.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Guess you're right, but if he doesn't then what? More batching and moaning? Enough already of all the things to be worried about. Edsall is not the politically correct type, he may not say it out of principles.

He will say it and I imagine he means it. He made a mistake, nobody died it was 6 years ago... hopefully people get over it.

Reaction Score
You would have enjoyed the calls w/ Gresh on WTIC this afternoon. I had to change channels and for once it wasn't because of Gresh!
I thought they were off, I would have listened. Bunch of whiny get over it. He annoyed the crap out of me with his yearly dalliance with job openings as well as how he communicates through the media but if we're still mad about any of that, let alone how he left, have we not watched with our own eyes what we have devolved into as a fb program? Come on.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Right because nobody here will run a poll on how sincere his apology is ;). I'm with the crowd that puts his departure down to the nature of the business. I wonder how much of this article is JJ leveraging fan angst over his method of departure to get payback for some of the personal stuff between them.

Reaction Score
Apology, stop. The guy took another job. Granted he didn't exit gracefully but Christ he didn't put the school on probation and doesn't have 6 bodies buried at the rent.

Saying "hey hindsight is 20/20 and I shouldn't have left because we were building something here and sometimes you get caught up in it s bit, but I'm happy to be back and look forward to getting to work and getting us back where we belong" make sense but apology, come on.
It would be great if he said those of you who need an apology can lick my balls!!! Just kidding.

Reaction Score
I care more about him getting UConn Football back on the map than any apology.

Is what he did worse than coaches who get better gigs and bail before their team's bowl game? I never held much of a grudge because at least he stuck around for the game.

Could it have been handled better? Yes. But I don't think Edsall would have left so abruptly if Maryland wasn't putting him on the spot. (Could be wrong about that.)

Look, the guy did a lot of good for the program in his time here, and handled the death of a player about as well as could be expected. Does all that go out the window because of how he left?

I'd be shocked if he apologized at the press conference. But if he does, it should be more for the players on that Fiesta Bowl team than anyone else.

Reaction Score
To me it has nothing to do with how he left, although I lost all respect for him at that point in time. Its about the UCONN powers to be openly stating with this hire that we could care less about being anything in college football other that mediocre. To me that's the whole hire in a nutshell. After the Pasqualoni and Diaco disasters I was hoping to see a commitment to winning college football. All I see here is a comfortable hire to win 50% of the games, but very few against good teams. IMO Randy still plays not to lose, rather than to win.

Reaction Score
To me it has nothing to do with how he left, although I lost all respect for him at that point in time. Its about the UCONN powers to be openly stating with this hire that we could care less about being anything in college football other that mediocre. To me that's the whole hire in a nutshell. After the Pasqualoni and Diaco disasters I was hoping to see a commitment to winning college football. All I see here is a comfortable hire to win 50% of the games, but very few against good teams. IMO Randy still plays not to lose, rather than to win.
We shall see. Diaco was a splashy hire and sucked in every conceivable way. Another hire like that and you start getting yourself into Kansas level ineptitude. We need to steady the ship before it goes completely under. Edsall is hopefully that steady hand.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Why do you care if some people are pissed off about the way Edsall left? They're entitled to their feelings.

Reaction Score
If I had to write that drivel to make a living I would throw garbage instead.

Reaction Score
Why do you care if some people are pissed off about the way Edsall left? They're entitled to their feelings.
With all due respect, why would fans need an apology? The players on the team sure, I understand but the fans? Come on.

Have all the feelings in the world, but why the need for an apology from a man that 99 percent of us, have at best had a 30 second interaction with. He left for what he thought was a better opportunity for he and his family. That requires an apology?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom