Jeff Jacobs: He Needs To Say 'I Am Sorry' So We Can All Move On | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: He Needs To Say 'I Am Sorry' So We Can All Move On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
HCRE doesn't need to apologize. Jeff Jacobs needs to apologize for always being the contrarian willing to paint UConn athletics in a negative light. He reminds me of the kind of person that never forgets the negatives and brings them up years later to fuel his side of an argument.....he reminds me of.....a woman....In other words, get over it and yourself Jeff Jacobs.

He's a poor mans Dan schaughnessy

Reaction Score
Oh, no doubt that if he tried to get a lot more than that, he would not have the job. That's the UCONN part of this that says, "you probably should be a little sorry"...;)
Or a nod to paying for higher quality assistants

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'll take any and all bets that not only will he say he is sorry, somewhere during the speech he will be genuinely overcome with emotion.
Like how he was tearing up when he said, "I'll be at UConn for as long as you will have me"?

I'll bet you a beer at The Rent he doesn't say sorry unprompted. He might say something like "well, yeah" in response to a question, that doesn't count.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Or a nod to paying for higher quality assistants

I think that is a positive byproduct rather than a driving force. I don't think that DB would allow 200k extra for the right OC stop him from making the hire (unlike Hathaway).

Edsall's price tag just makes it easier to say "yes"...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
With all due respect, why would fans need an apology?

Because the biggest game in UConn history was coached by a Maryland man.He put himself over the program and the program has yet to recover. We are giving this guy's career a lifeline after he stuck it to us. He doesn't want to say "sorry", like you he doesn't think he did anything wrong. That why I want him to say it. Show some contrition Randy, whether you mean it or not.

Reaction Score
Because the biggest game in UConn history was coached by a Maryland man.He put himself over the program and the program has yet to recover. We are giving this guy's career a lifeline after he stuck it to us. He doesn't want to say "sorry", like you he doesn't think he did anything wrong. That why I want him to say it. Show some contrition Randy, whether you mean it or not.
Stop. As a fan, he brought us to that point. He left for another job who the cares. We had idiots make two disastrous hires following him. That isn't his fault. And warde Manuel, count your blessings you're at Michigan buddy, cause for a football man you hired the biggest fraud of a fb Coach everm

Reaction Score
HCRE doesn't need to apologize. Jeff Jacobs needs to apologize for always being the contrarian willing to paint UConn athletics in a negative light. He reminds me of the kind of person that never forgets the negatives and brings them up years later to fuel his side of an argument.....he reminds me of.....a woman....In other words, get over it and yourself Jeff Jacobs.

Or he reminds you of...a journalist..

Reaction Score
He is unlikely to say "I apologize for" because in fact he doesn't think he did anything wrong. He was put in a position where he had to handle it the way he did for MD if he wanted the job and he wanted the job. So he did what every departing executive does everywhere, which is worry about what he has to do for the new job first, and then only secondarily worry about the effect it has on those who worked with and for him at the old job.

Thus the press release words like "I regret," which are true because anyone who didn't think he wouldn't have preferred being allowed to tell his kids and then have it publicly announced is just being contrarian.

He is who he is -- he's not going to ask for forgiveness when he doesn't think he did anything wrong. Unfortunate, but not wrong. Our fanbase can get over it or not. Up to each one of us.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Expecting Randy to be smooth isn't any less crazy than Randy being able to dance.

Cue the gif.....

Reaction Score
While I think he will apologize in some form, the only people who DESERVE an apology are the players and I'm thinking he has done that.

I'd hate to be holding on to something, in the grand scheme of things, that is so small and trivial (to us, not the players)

Anger and hate shorten lives. I know...my first time around defending Randy took at least 5 years off my life. :)

Reaction Score
An apology would be nice but I don't really care, he made a business decision. Would be much better if he had been successful at Maryland and chose to come back to UConn because he wanted to and to help our program. Still makes me wonder if UConn would be in this disaster of a situation if he had stayed. I kind of feel like both sides are just settling, but I really hope not.

From what I know about how he left, he may owe those players and the athletic department an apology. That was just awful. If he helps get us into the B1G, build him a statue. :cool:

Reaction Score
I look forward to your report because I'm quite sure that the boneyard will move directly on to current football matters rather than argue pointlessly about a perceived 7-year old slight.

I think you overestimate the Boneyard...... LOL

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
So long as he strikes the color red from his wardrobe, I'm good.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Many coaches before him have left in a worse way than he did. It's how college football works.

Fans still not being over it is as small time as it gets.
Do you even buy FB tickets?

Reaction Score
He shouldn't apologize for anything. A lot of coaches with new jobs don't even stick around for their team's Bowl game (see USF today for example). He coached it through.

If an apology would make anyone feel better at this point I would suggest that person is over-sensitive.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
He should apologize how he sh&t the bet at Maryland. Or at least tell us he will be better here for his second act than at his dream job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom