January Recruiting Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

January Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geno said he has 2 Top 5 recruits for next years class at the presser. We know one. Any idea who the other is?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Geno said he has 2 Top 5 recruits for next years class at the presser. We know one. Any idea who the other is?

He did? For 2024? I guess he's talking about Shade and Arnold.

Unless he was including Brady. Maybe Brady and Shade.

Reaction Score
i just watched it. He said we have one of the top two or three classes next year and 2 of the top 5 recruits the year after that. It sure sounded like somebody besides Zeibell.

Rest of the Top 5 ahead of Allie is Jaloni Cambridge, Joyce Edwards, Justice Carlton and Sarah Strong.

I think he may have misspoken, I’d be shocked if he didn’t.

Reaction Score
Rest of the Top 5 ahead of Allie is Jaloni Cambridge, Joyce Edwards, Justice Carlton and Sarah Strong.

I think he may have misspoken, I’d be shocked if he didn’t.
Why?

Reaction Score
He did? For 2024? I guess he's talking about Shade and Arnold.

Unless he was including Brady. Maybe Brady and Shade.
Shade and Arnold are 2023s! He definitely was not taking about them! Hopefully, either Strong, Carlson, or Cambridge, though I’m a little unsure of why we would take another pg, with Arnold, and possibly Paige and Nika still on the team! Truthfully, I’m completely gobsmacked with this comment! Let’s hope it wasn’t a misstatement on Geno’s part.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
That was after mentioning this year’s class! “This year”! He then refers to two top five players in next year’s class. Seems pretty clear he’s speaking of 2024.

I don't think it's clear though I might be leaning towards your interpretation.

If he is referring to 2024, there would seem to be a limited number of possibilities to who the second player is. And assuming he's using ESPN's list, it would have to be Cambridge, Strong, Carlton, or Edwards. Strong and Carlton had large lists at last check and there has been no talk of Edwards with regards to UCONN. Cambridge has an offer but was just hanging out with Staley in Columbia.

Reaction Score

If he is referring to 2024, there would seem to be a limited number of possibilities to who the second player is. And assuming he's using ESPN's list, it would have to be Cambridge, Strong, Carlton, or Edwards. Strong and Carlton had large lists at last check and there has been no talk of Edwards with regards to UCONN. Cambridge has an offer but was just hanging out with Staley in Columbia.
It was pretty clear to me. Next year is 2024 which would mean he's got a silent commit from either Strong or Carlton IMO. And only one of them has been on campus for an unofficial last spring as far as I know. ;) But I'm surprised that he could get either one out of their home state if in fact he does. That UConn lure is strong.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
It was pretty clear to me. Next year is 2024 which would mean he's got a silent commit from either Strong or Carlton IMO. And only one of them has been on campus for an unofficial last spring as far as I know. ;) But I'm surprised that he could get either one out of their home state if in fact he does. That UConn lure is strong.
”Sarah” strong? sorry

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Strong was just talking about going to local campuses and "maybe" UConn's. Did not sound like someone who was a commit at this point.

Carlton had a 20-school list as of five months ago. We've heard nothing about a visit from her either.

Reaction Score
Why?

Jaloni is still taking unofficial visits (just visited SC a few days ago), Joyce’s recruitment has been dead silent outside of a SC visit, Justice has 21 teams in her Final list and Sarah just recently mentioned NC State and UNC, with UConn and LSU as “maybe’s” in terms of visits.

I do admit, it doesn’t sound like he misspoke at all after watching the video, curious to see how the rest of the ‘24 recruiting class turns out.

Reaction Score
Strong was just talking about going to local campuses and "maybe" UConn's. Did not sound like someone who was a commit at this point.

Carlton had a 20-school list as of five months ago. We've heard nothing about a visit from her either.
I don't have a subscription so I can't post a link but in Daniel Connolly's April 26, 2022 column in the UConn WBB Weekly he mentions Strong's unofficial visit to UConn. Hamilton Neill also mentions it in his video from last February that I link to below. It's at the 2:39 point. Plus there was a photo of her at a game while there, don't know if it was in that article or separate. So if there is a future visit, it would be a second or followup.

Reaction Score

I'd agree, best 'guesses',,,,
Cambridge and Edwards headed to SC, and Carlton going to Texas or Baylor.
I'm thinking the 2nd one he sees is Sarah Strong, with both parents being former players.
In the top 5 at least a year ago was Kendall Dudley out of DC, UCONN has a strong past with players coached by their parents, and her mom is her coach.
As Geno said recently, you want exposure, you come to UCONN, who's on TV more than any other team!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I don't have a subscription so I can't post a link but in Daniel Connolly's April 26, 2022 column in the UConn WBB Weekly he mentions Strong's unofficial visit to UConn. Hamilton Neill also mentions it in his video from last February that I link to below. It's at the 2:39 point. Plus there was a photo of her at a game while there, don't know if it was in that article or separate. So if there is a future visit, it would be a second or followup.

Yeah, she's been on campus before, that time with four AAU teammates.

Reaction Score

Strong had a huge game in front of Geno, so maybe she was telling him she wants to start as a freshman! lolololololol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom