January Recruiting Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

January Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jaloni is still taking unofficial visits (just visited SC a few days ago), Joyce’s recruitment has been dead silent outside of a SC visit, Justice has 21 teams in her Final list and Sarah just recently mentioned NC State and UNC, with UConn and LSU as “maybe’s” in terms of visits.

I do admit, it doesn’t sound like he misspoke at all after watching the video, curious to see how the rest of the ‘24 recruiting class turns out.
Geno doesn't seem ever to misspeak, but he loves to hang things out there that he knows and we all don't!

Reaction Score
He might not be referring to Hoopgurlz. Blue Star has a different group of top 10. I find his preferences don't always match with Hoopgurlz and run closer to other rankings like Blue Star.

Reaction Score
Prospects for instance has Koval and Tac in the top 10 which have been talked about....

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
He might not be referring to Hoopgurlz. Blue Star has a different group of top 10. I find his preferences don't always match with Hoopgurlz and run closer to other rankings like Blue Star.

But he said two top-5 recruits. That takes Blue Star, Hoopseen/ASGR, and Prospects Nation out for 2024 since none have Ziebell in their top-5. Also, ESPN is clearly the most well known and followed of the recruiting sites.

Reaction Score
Maybe he is just referring to the Geno ratings, as those are widely regarded as the best. He has 2 of his top 5 lined up. Ziebell and a 6 foot 8 inch post from Freedonia, makes 70% of her shots including 60% from 3, and 95% of free throws, averages 18 rebounds per game in only 10 minutes and is completely under everyone else's radar. And 12 assists.

Reaction Score
Who knows how long we’ll be speculating. I guess the good/exciting news is that there’s a second recruit alongside Allie.

Reaction Score
1674088771118.jpeg

About to checkout Kennedy Smith.

Reaction Score
That was after mentioning this year’s class! “This year”! He then refers to two top five players in next year’s class. Seems pretty clear he’s speaking of 2024.

Could be a Euro that he considers one of the 5 best of that class. (JJ)?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Could it be a commitment but for the year after Ziebell?

He said "two of the top five players in the country for next year." Unless he misspoke, that would be one class.

He's done sort of a similar thing before when he did a video chat about a week before Ayanna Patterson committed. He said UConn already had two commits in that class (22-23). That second commit turned out to be Ayanna of course. If that pattern repeats I guess there could be a public announcement soon. It just seems like none of the possible recruits would have already picked a school, but then we were surprised by Ziebell's sudden announcement.

Reaction Score
He said "two of the top five players in the country for next year." Unless he misspoke, that would be one class.

He's done sort of a similar thing before when he did a video chat about a week before Ayanna Patterson committed. He said UConn already had two commits in that class (22-23). That second commit turned out to be Ayanna of course. If that pattern repeats I guess there could be a public announcement soon. It just seems like none of the possible recruits would have already picked a school, but then we were surprised by Ziebell's sudden announcement.
I agree with you. He uses his words carefully with those things so he's got something up his sleeves... It's now just a matter of time while the kid tells the other coaches and gets her party planner and videographer ready for her school gym announcement.....

Reaction Score

Think it's likely you are correct, and we should look for that second announcement pretty soon. If true that would be a very good early start to the 2024 class, getting two top recruits before most contenders have signed anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom