Jannah Tucker De-commits from Tennessee | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jannah Tucker De-commits from Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
There have been problems at Tenn for a long time. Ive mentioned it. This is one more. We will find out as I dont think this one will be covered up. Why is JT leaving? I dont know...yet. Youve all mentioned great reasons why but we dont know. Its most likely a combination of alot of things. LOL I gotta wonder is shes looking at UConn. WOW would that blow to top off Rocky Top. We need to sit and wait and it will leak out sooner then later.

Reaction Score
You guys are forgetting who they had visiting this past weekend - #1 Russell, #2-3 Davis, #8-10 Scaife, and then 2 lower rated recruits... I think it's one of things.
  1. She feels Tennessee isn't going to land any of the top kids and didn't want to be part of such a weak class
This one makes sense to me. Tucker stated that she was committing because (in part) that she was interested in rebuilding the program. Perhaps she felt her early commitment would encourage other top players to follow suit. If all of last week's visitors had bad things to say after their visit, and will be going elsewhere, there would be little chance of rebuilding on the horizon. Add to that TN being picked 4th in their conference, not being coached by Pat, management's gutting of the women's programs, the law suits, and finally the 44-13 football loss to Alabama. Could cause a recruit to be a mite discouraged about her future.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Should be interesting to see which universities pursue her or if she is the one doing the pursuing. I am guessing that if she decommitted from Tennessee that she already has a very short list of who she has signed with.

How far into the process was UCONN on her list? UCONN if, if not soured on her, would certainly have room for her, especially if she is looking to play on the perimeter.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This one makes sense to me. Tucker stated that she was committing because (in part) that she was interested in rebuilding the program. Perhaps she felt her early commitment would encourage other top players to follow suit. If all of last week's visitors had bad things to say after their visit, and will be going elsewhere, there would be little chance of rebuilding on the horizon. Add to that TN being picked 4th in their conference, not being coached by Pat, management's gutting of the women's programs, the law suits, and finally the 44-13 football loss to Alabama. Could cause a recruit to be a mite discouraged about her future.

I truly don't see how a group of young, impressionable girls would go to Tennessee and get a really bad impression. It is still a top-notch program and has a lot to offer to a player. The fanbase is incredibly devoted and the facilities are great. Unless Holly really bombed I just can't imagine these girls clustering together and ragging on the program.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Should be interesting to see which universities pursue her or if she is the one doing the pursuing. I am guessing that if she decommitted from Tennessee that she already has a very short list of who she has signed with.

How far into the process was UCONN on her list? UCONN if, if not soured on her, would certainly have room for her, especially if she is looking to play on the perimeter.
I thought she and UCONN parted ways just before she made her final list. on the surface, her most likely destintion seems like it would be Penn State or West Virginia (villanova and UVA made her final 4, but i'm not sure sure if UVA is doing much recruiting wise)...

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
Just change it to say that said player was texting with one of the players on said visit.

Curious...but what is your take on this?

Any other Tennessee fans care to chime in? Would love to hear your theories.
I don't have any theories on why Tucker changed her mind. Of course I don't think it is a good thing. It is never a positive in my eyes that a talented recruit decommits. I hope she finds a good fit and is happy. I am glad that TN still has a chance at several other talented recruits. I'm happy that the signing period is almost here and we will know one way or the other.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
All I know for sure is that if UConn had verbals from the 2nd and 8th ranked players in the 2013 class and they both decommitted, this place would be a nuthouse. I can only imagine what The Summitt looks like.

I suppose the good possiblity of getting Russell and Davis helps.

Reaction Score
I truly don't see how a group of young, impressionable girls would go to Tennessee and get a really bad impression. It is still a top-notch program and has a lot to offer to a player. The fanbase is incredibly devoted and the facilities are great. Unless Holly really bombed I just can't imagine these girls clustering together and ragging on the program.
I'm not saying TN doesn't have all the things you mentioned. It's hard to determine what's cool to kids at any given moment and the bigger the group, the more likely it is that they will gravitate toward the same attitudes. How many kids would be sporting tattoos if their friends didn't approve of them. How did the UNC cluster commit happen, and why didn't it happen at TN or some other school?

I think the theory is as likely as any, but if too many people disagree, I'll be changing my opinion.:)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
WOW!!!!

Just logged on and shocked honestly. Cant believe the Vols had another person decommit. Thats #2 and #8 ( I agree with the post that said the BY would go bonkers).

Not sure why this happened but I am sure there is more to the story. Gut says she opts for Maryland! She is a Maryland kid and Frese can turn on the charm! And she has been known to lure away committed players (Harper).

Like any good story, this will come out eventually. I just hope Tucker is happy. Sorry guys but I just dont see her at UCONN.

How many days before the season starts???

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
This obsession with a team that is no longer a rival to UConn in any way mystifies me.

We don't play them (their choice), they are not in our conference (and no chance of Geno going to the SEC), Pat is fading from the scene, their ranking for the foreseeable future will be well below UConn (and others), and we seldom go head-to-head on recruits. So what's the justification for this big thread?

Jannah Tucker changed her mind.

Amazing.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
This obsession with a team that is no longer a rival to UConn in any way mystifies me.

We don't play them (their choice), they are not in our conference (and no chance of Geno going to the SEC), Pat is fading from the scene, their ranking for the foreseeable future will be well below UConn (and others), and we seldom go head-to-head on recruits. So what's the justification for this big thread?

Jannah Tucker changed her mind.

Amazing.

C'mon, Kibitzer...you can't deny these good folks their indulgence in Rocky-top schadenfreude. That would be un-husky-like. By the way, you look great on television...especially rooting for a republican...(just kidding)...

Reaction Score
... So what's the justification for this big thread? Jannah Tucker changed her mind. Amazing.

C'mon - *8 recruits don't decommit every day. #99 might, and few would care - it's a big deal with Tucker.

Besides, it keeps alive the possibility of a unique trifecta for UConn wbb - Tuck in the 2012 class, Tucker in the 2013 class, and Tuckest in the 2014 class!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
C'mon, Kibitzer...you can't deny these good folks their indulgence in Rocky-top schadenfreude. That would be un-husky-like. By the way, you look great on television...especially rooting for a republican...(just kidding)...

I'll send you an email about this tv stuff. And the 89 posts about a teenager who changed her mind

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
C'mon - *8 recruits don't decommit every day. #99 might, and few would care - it's a big deal with Tucker.

Besides, it keeps alive the possibility of a unique trifecta for UConn wbb - Tuck in the 2012 class, Tucker in the 2013 class, and Tuckest in the 2014 class!
MoJannah Tuckest is a superlative player.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
T...they are not in our conference (and no chance of Geno going to the SEC)...
Veering off-topic, Geno has less than zero to say about which conference UConn may or may not go to. If the SEC offered UConn a say out of the disaster that's become the Big East, there would be dancing in the streets of Storrs.

Reaction Score
Maybe we're overthinking this. Jannah Tucker is a kid. Kids change their minds more often than they change their socks.

Maybe an EDD type of reason?

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Veering off-topic, Geno has less than zero to say about which conference UConn may or may not go to. If the SEC offered UConn a say out of the disaster that's become the Big East, there would be dancing in the streets of Storrs.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
. So what's the justification for this big thread?

Amazing.

I think I see the flaw in your logic. It is rare that a big thread is justified on the Boneyard. They just are.

Reaction Score
I think I see the flaw in your logic. It is rare that a big thread is justified on the Boneyard. They just are.
What's even rarer is that a 4-page thread (so far) is considered a big thread.

Kibitzer, j'accuse you of exaggeration, or, at the least, impatience. Ya really gotta wait till it hits 10 pages before you can fairly judge it to be a big thread.

Reaction Score
This may be good news for UConn. Do you think Geno may interested in taking a second look at Tucker? Per recruiting sources, it says she chose UT over Duke, UConn, and some other school.
Help my feeble memory - did Tucker ever make it to Storrs, or did she quit shopping before it went that far?

Reaction Score
Who knows what really goes on in the hearts of ... [recruits] ... "sometimes a bowl of spaghetti is a bowl of spaghetti."

So I infer from your post that, after all the pasta sauce is cleared away, Geno really was behind this whole thing!

geno-pasta.jpg

Reaction Score
Help my feeble memory - did Tucker ever make it to Storrs, or did she quit shopping before it went that far?
Tucker never made it to visit Storrs. At the time she verballed to TN the Horde bloggers were indicating Uconn had some interest in her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom