Jannah Tucker De-commits from Tennessee | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jannah Tucker De-commits from Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Like some others here, I'm guessing that there are going to be a few big signees for UT soon and that Tucker reconsidered mostly for that reason. While it's never a good thing to have a recruit decommit, least of all a #8 ranked player, she may have seen the writing on the wall.

True, and that writing may be pointing out that it might be years before UTenn competes in a FF, or it may be saying that UTenn is ranked below Middle Tennessee.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Well, the serious turmoil and uncertainty in the TU athletic department might be a factor for any thinking recruit.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Rocky,

Please sit here in the waiting room, or wait here in the sitting room.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If you are the #8 recruit 1) you best not be leaving because there is competition from your own class (you are the competition) and 2) you don't leave because the team is looking like a contender.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Who knows what really goes on in the hearts of ......

I'll say this. It would be irrational on Tennessee's part to discourage Tucker, whether they did or not. Opposing coaches would have a field day turning the fact that they discouraged a top ten player against them. Plus it's irrational to recruit a player in the first place who you don't think will handle well that you are going to bring other top ten players in. The most "rational" scenario for Tennessee backing off would be if Davis had issues with Tucker, but even catering to a highly regarded recruit like Davis is irrational (can you imagine Auriemma doing that for a recruit that has yet to wear the uniform)?

It also would be odd for Tucker to decommit now in apprehensive reaction to the recruits that recently visited. A player does not get to elite status and get selected to USA teams by being afraid of their competition. The most "positive," somewhat rational spin I could see on this is that Tucker has chemistry issues with someone like Davis, and even that's not a very "positive" reflection on Tucker, even if there is nothing "negative" for Tennessee in that particular scenario.

That's a long-winded reiteration of "sometimes a bowl of spaghetti is a bowl of spaghetti."

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
Davis and Tucker are good friends. I don't think the issue would be between them. I'm sure the truth will come out soon.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
True, and that writing may be pointing out that it might be years before UTenn competes in a FF, or it may be saying that UTenn is ranked below Middle Tennessee.

Of course we won't know til it all shakes out, but the idea that it might be some time before UT gets to the FF is not a new idea. I don't see how any new writing that would have popped up this past weekend to that effect. I doubt that in June, when Tucker committed, there was a cabal of top-rated girls that were all promising each other to go to UT, only to let everyone down en masse on a weekend in October by whispering that they were ready to bolt. (DeShields and Co. had already declared to UNC and all the buzz in the weeks afterwards was about Russell maybe going as well.)

So what might have changed *recently* that might have caused this *recent* decommit by Tucker? I dunno, but it seems more likely that the new writing was on who is going to commit to UT, not who is going elsewhere.

Then again I could be completely wrong, and the LVs could get nobody for 2013 ! lol But that's doubtful.

Reaction Score
Tucker is ranked #8 in the country so I don't feel she is afraid of competition with any other recruit. There has to be another reason for her decommiting from Tennessee.

Reaction Score
After reading the story about her... perhaps she just wants to SEE what else is out there... She verbally committed on a visit, while she had no intention to, at the time.

No. 8 Jannah Tucker decides earlier than planned
Jannah Tucker of Randallstown, Md., told ESPN HoopGurlz she verbally committed to Tennessee this weekend while on an unofficial visit to the Knoxville campus. The No. 8 prospect in the ESPN HoopGurlz Super 60 for the 2013 class didn't have a finalized school list but strongly considered Penn State, Villanova, Virginia and West Virginia before deciding on the Lady Vols.

"This really wasn't my intended plan," Tucker said. "I was supposed to make a list and go from there around this time."

Tucker made an unofficial visit this weekend while Tennessee hosted one of its camps and she said got "that feeling" that recruits get when they know they are in the right place.

Have some fun and see a few schools, who knows....she may just be back again....:D

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO there is a package deal in the works involving a player that the Lady Vols desperately want even more then Tucker. The Lady Vols may also want to limit the size of this recruiting class and are unwilling to sign 6 or more players.

Its also possible that Tucker didn't like what she saw last weekend and made an independent decision that her early verbal was a mistake and she needs to look elsewhere. The question is what made her change her mind, was it the coaching staff, facilities(unlikely), educational needs/wants or current or future players. I suspect we won't ever really know what caused her to change her mind.

Reaction Score
Maybe Davis told her where she was going and Tuck [as a freind] said me too!!!

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Don't be surprised if Baylor swoopes in and makes a play for her. I have not inside information, just gut instinct.

Reaction Score
Tucker is ranked #8 in the country so I don't feel she is afraid of competition with any other recruit. There has to be another reason for her decommiting from Tennessee.

Expect the LV spin machine to play the "dirty recruiting" card by declaring that "someone got to her" and is "working behind the scenes to undermine Tenn". Mind you that LV's fans will have no proof of any wrong doing...it's all just sour grapes for another player that got away (i.e. ran as fast as they could) when they finally figured out that Tenneessee without Pat Summitt is just another school who happens to wear orange uniforms.

Reaction Score
Expect LV spin machine to play the "dirty recruiting" card by declaring that someone got to her and is working behind the scenes to undermine Tenn. Mind you that LV's fans will have no proof of any wrong doing...it's all just sour grapes for another player that got (ran) away when they finally figured out that Tenneessee without Pat Summitt is just another school who happens to wear orange uniforms.

So what would that make UConn without Geno. Just another school who happens to wear blue uniforms? And FWIW, Tennessee is more prestigious than UConn, so I wouldn't go shouting your above statements to too many people.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Not saying this is the case, but Harper and Scaife are top 10 guards as well. I don't know what's going on, but hoping and thinking this turns good somehow.

Well, one is a 6' shooting guard and one is a 5'8" point guard.

Hoping is a good thing.

Reaction Score
And FWIW, Tennessee is more prestigious than UConn, so I wouldn't go shouting your above statements to too many people.

Technically, for the time being you may be correct. But anyone in touch with current state of WCB knows its UConn, Baylor then everyone else this year, and that going forward, it's only a matter of time until UConn blows by Tenn and Geno surpasses Pat as the all-time winningest program/coach with the most NC's.

Somebody call 9-1-1 Shawty fire burning on The Summitt!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Maybe we're overthinking this. Jannah Tucker is a kid. Kids change their minds more often than they change their socks.

Ya think????

I particularly love the "package deal" theory, where Tucker was asked to leave because a couple of great players would be coming to TN.

I just can imagine a player rated that highly with her USA experience playing with great players being scared off by competition.

Reaction Score
Per Kevin Lynch at Blue Star Basketball, Jannah Tucker, the #8 player from the 2013 class, has withdrawn her verbal from the University of Tennessee. Jannah chose the Lady Vols over Baylor, Duke and UConn during the summer. She will be scheduling visits to additional schools according to her father.

Per @Kenny Kalina, "Confidential Sources give us leaders for Jannah Tucker on @ InsiderStatus". Things That Make you Go Hmmm!

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Maybe we're overthinking this. Jannah Tucker is a kid. Kids change their minds more often than they change their socks.
Normally, I would agree. But the timing of her decision, just before she is due to sign her LOI, and with so little time left to hook up somewhere else before another LOI has to be signed, tells me this is more than a kid changing her mind. And for the record, I am not buying the "package deal to LV's" speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom