Jannah Tucker De-commits from Tennessee | The Boneyard

Jannah Tucker De-commits from Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per Kevin Lynch at Blue Star Basketball, Jannah Tucker, the #8 player from the 2013 class, has withdrawn her verbal from the University of Tennessee. Jannah chose the Lady Vols over Baylor, Duke and UConn during the summer. She will be scheduling visits to additional schools according to her father.

Tucker Withdraws Verbal

HoopGurlz Profile

Reaction Score
Per Kevin Lynch at Blue Star Basketball, Jannah Tucker, the #8 player from the 2013 class, has withdrawn her verbal from the University of Tennessee. Jannah chose the Lady Vols over Baylor, Duke and UConn during the summer. She will be scheduling visits to additional schools according to her father.

And then there were none (as in 2013 commits)...sucks to be a has been!

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
This will be a very good sign or a very bad sign for UT. If too many other top notch recruits have decided to go to Tennessee than maybe Tucker didn't want to keep the commitment and compete for time, or it could be that the transition at UT is not as smooth as everyone wanted it to be.

Reaction Score
I really hope this means they have a large class coming in and she didn't want to compete, like bruin referenced to. It's not like she committed before Davis had decommitted, so maybe she found out Davis and Russell and a few more are going. I may hate the fans but don't want to see the program go down like this.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I bear no animosity towards UTenn but that evil little guy on my shoulder keeps whispering in my ear about the reaction on the private orange board. Pulling hair, gnashing teeth and pointing a finger at Geno as the reason she backed off.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I guess...but it's not the team that generated all of the fan base ill will....it was the fans....

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Goodness, a UConn fan actually willing to pay up to check out their board.
Very Impressive!

Reaction Score
This may be good news for UConn. Do you think Geno may interested in taking a second look at Tucker? Per recruiting sources, it says she chose UT over Duke, UConn, and some other school.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO I think this was a mutual decision perhaps encouraged by the Lady Vols. I believe the Lady Vols have now received indications from other recruits that Tucker is no longer needed to have a strong if not great recruiting class. I also believe Holly wants to limit this class to 4 or 5 recruits and avoid another six pack. I'm hoping that Tucker and Geno will get together to see if there's a mutual fit as she is a talented player.

Reaction Score
IMHO I think this was a mutual decision perhaps encouraged by the Lady Vols. I believe the Lady Vols have now received indications from other recruits that Tucker is no longer needed to have a strong if not great recruiting class. I also believe Holly wants to limit this class to 4 or 5 recruits and avoid another six pack. I'm hoping that Tucker and Geno will get together to see if there's a mutual fit as she is a talented player.

That's my thinking too, though as the #8 player in the class, it's not as if Jannah is chopped liver. However, like you said, if any of the 5 or so recruits that were in Knoxville this past weekend want to go there as a package deal, it would make sense. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but having the #2 player de-commit then the #8 player from the SAME class de-commit is NEVER a good thing/sign.

And NO WAY IN HELL Holly renagged on her FIRST EVER recruit (let alone a Top 10 one at that). Curious to see who gives her a look now (and do not think for a second that UConn will). I am stunned that a HS player who is out with a torn ACL at the moment is de-committing from the greatest WCBB program in history. Something is going on over on Rocky Top and what ever it is isn't good for anyone.

Reaction Score

Come on, think about what you are saying. The LV's are in the midst of a four-year FF dry spell, are working through a coaching transition period, and previously had the #2 ranked 2013 player de-commit. On top of that, there was a shake-up in the Tenn athletic department. The entire LV program is shrouded in uncertainty. The one and only certain thing they had to build around in 2013 is Jannah Tucker. Do you really think a program hard-up for players would suggest to the #8 ranked player that she look elsewhere when, regardless of what other LV recruits may have hinted at, the early signing period is not until next month? I could remotely see this happening AFTER some LOI's had been signed but certainly not before.

I see this more of a sign of some turmoil within the Tenn athletic department and LV WBB program...if anything, it was Tucker's idea to leave given no one else for certain is coming to join her and she doesn't want to spend the next four seasons floundering in mediocrity. Maybe she decided to change her path while she still could?

Reaction Score

Tucker Withdraws Verbal

HoopGurlz Profile
Thanks WNBA for breaking this on the board, WOW that is a big surprise! Interesting that she suffered an ACL injury representing the USA,will miss her Sr season, and now decommits! Is there more to this whole story????

TENN just had a big weekend with recruits! Is it related to this?? I do think that Davis recommits! Her brother is now committed to them and her mother was an AA there not in BB.

Along with Tucker, I had been thinking they get Davis and would get an excellent class. The recruits who visited TN #1Russell<we have discussed her>#2 Davis along with #9 Scaife Elite PG from AR along with #40 Henderson G and #42 Reynolds G from OR!******* Why is
this interesting??? Is turmoil the issue or getting a bunch of recruits?

Reynolds visited with Russell from OR. They are teammates on their Club Team hmmmmmm:rolleyes: Is Russell still going to Louiville for her official visit this weekend?

This story is not over!
Ira

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Like some others here, I'm guessing that there are going to be a few big signees for UT soon and that Tucker reconsidered mostly for that reason. While it's never a good thing to have a recruit decommit, least of all a #8 ranked player, she may have seen the writing on the wall.

Reaction Score
Along with Tucker, I had been thinking they get Davis and would get an excellent class. The recruits who visited TN #1Russell<we have discussed her>#2 Davis along with #9 Scaife Elite PG from AR along with #40 Henderson G and #42 Reynolds G from OR!******* Why is
this interesting???

Reynolds visited with Russell from OR. They are teammates on their Club Team hmmmmmm:rolleyes: Is Russell still going to Louiville for her official visit this weekend?

This story is not over!
Ira

I believe Jordan Reynolds, Emmonie Henderson and Mercedes Russell are all taking their last official visit together at Louisville this weekend.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Now you are being ridiculous.. Who exactly is Tucker now going to have to "compete" with? Henderson?

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
So let me summarize...Either the Vols are about to have the greatest recruiting class in the history of WCBB, or they are about to turn into a Louisiana Tech/ Old Dominion. Thank you for the clarification.

By the way, sometimes a bowl of spaghetti in a Fellini movie is just a bowl of spaghetti.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
The only player that MIGHT impact Tucker's pllaying time would be Davis. I just can't imagine Tucker leaving TN because of Davis.

Big blow for TN no matter who the get.

Reaction Score

BREAKING NEWS: Fan reaction in Knoxville to Jannah Tucker's de-commit.

It appears the LV fan in the video clip is Bekat who recently had this to say on The Summitt:

"Relax, folks. I think even now we are going to be OK. It just looks a little bad right now, but it's more of a perception thing for folks who follow our program and dislike us than what probably is actually going on."

Whateva Bekat...believe what you wanna believe...you probably believe in the Easter Bunny too!

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
The only player that MIGHT impact Tucker's pllaying time would be Davis. I just can't imagine Tucker leaving TN because of Davis.

Big blow for TN no matter who the get.

Not saying this is the case, but Harper and Scaife are top 10 guards as well. I don't know what's going on, but hoping and thinking this turns good somehow.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

I agree with most of your posts, but I think you are offbase on this one. Not a chance the LVs hinted she should look elsewhere. I do think there is potential for merit in the suggestion that she has inside knowledge of some other potential commits, and that may cause her to do some re-thinking, although my guess is that it is something else entirely.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Sit back, watch where she matriculates...the reason for her decommit will be seen in the direction of her footsteps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom