Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Evan Daniels tweeted last night that Devonte Graham is close to a decision, could be today. Let's all root for Kansas.

Reaction Score
superjohn said:
The only reason the kid played so much is Kansas had absolutely nothing else at point guard. I've watched the kid his whole career and he's pretty bad, certainly wouldn't be getting any minutes over our guards.

He would be in the rotation at UConn. Your glasses are bluer than most.

Reaction Score
Are we talking about tharpe here ? The guy has very little basketball iq, would take a lot of bad shots and give little effort on the other end. Please don't tell me you watched his career and thought , wow this guys errant decision making fits right in with our guard rotation !

Reaction Score
I don't know what you're talking about. Sure he would have been extremely useful for us on the team where we only had Marcus Williams and Craig Austrie as ballhandlers and other guard thin teams we had but why exactly do you see him getting time here? As of right now we have Boat, Purvis, Samuel, Omar, Cassell and to a lesser extent Hamilton taking up backcourt minutes. You must think pretty highly of Tharpe, what is it about his game that impresses you?

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Are we talking about tharpe here ? The guy has very little basketball iq, would take a lot of bad shots and give little effort on the other end. Please don't tell me you watched his career and thought , wow this guys errant decision making fits right in with our guard rotation !
Okay but I mean his A/TO was a 2.6 this year in the B12, definitely not bad. Although he is tiny; if he's listed at 5'10, he's probably like 5'9

Besides Bazz in 11-12 (mostly thanks to AD alley oops), we haven't had a player earn above a 2.0 A/TO since the HS class of 2005 came through, and most of that was Craig.

Reaction Score

Tharpe probably has a more complete offensive skill set than TSam. But he doesn't even come close in terms of toughness, both mentally and physically. At the end of the day, that is what matters the most and that is why we win ships.

Reaction Score
I don't know what you're talking about. Sure he would have been extremely useful for us on the team where we only had Marcus Williams and Craig Austrie as ballhandlers and other guard thin teams we had but why exactly do you see him getting time here? As of right now we have Boat, Purvis, Samuel, Omar, Cassell and to a lesser extent Hamilton taking up backcourt minutes. You must think pretty highly of Tharpe, what is it about his game that impresses you?

Omar and Hamilton will get backcourt minutes? Really?

Reaction Score

His career stats: 5 pts/3 assts per game on 38% FG and 34% from 3.. even having watched him a lot, I thought his numbers would be better than that. He's just not that good.

Reaction Score
He just received an offer from Louisville, so their site featured an article on him with some quotes from his AAU coach, Vin Pastore and there were some quotes regarding UConn:

“Connecticut has recruited him the hardest and longest, they’re close and they have a national championship,” Pastore said. “I wouldn’t say UConn is the leader but UConn is strong enough not to call Kansas the leader. Shabazz Napier is a Boston kid and so is Jalen. There are a lot of reasons why UConn is a nice fit for him. There’s a lot of reasons why they aren’t.”

There are two main reasons why UConn may not be a fit for Adams — William Jackson and Prince Ali, a pair of 2015 guards already committed to Kevin Ollie’s Huskies.

“UConn has already two commitments in his class, Prince Ali and [William Jackson],” Pastore said. “I think he has to learn more about Kansas. He’s never been there. I think he’s about as good a guard as there is in the country. Having said that he still doesn’t want to go into an overloaded situation.”

Doesn't necessarily sound great.

Reaction Score
I know a lot of people think we in a good spot with Adams and I think he wants to come, but there is a huge log jam at guard. The longer his recruitment continues and the more schools he learns about means trouble for UConn. He is my number one want, but I do not think he comes here.

Reaction Score
I want this kid in a Husky uniform so badly, he needs to realize he will play right away no matter where he goes he's just that good. If Adams wants to be at UConn which it seems is the case, he has to realize he is going to be playing a ton right away, I really see him as our next point guard.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I don't think this is the case at all. These players have to be smart about their futures, and I don't care how good you are, if you you are coming into a system with four or possible five guards, that is not a smart and educated move.
What If you're the best one?

Reaction Score
How is he supposed to know that? Because Ollie tells him that? Because he is ranked higher by a website? Still he will have 4 or 5 more bodies he has to compete with, when he can go to another great program and not have to deal with that. It is easy for everyone here to say hes the best, if he has the killer attitude we want he should see that and commit. It is completely different when it is your future on the line.

Reaction Score
Prince is a definite 2/3 while Turtle is a 1/2 and Jalen looks like he could be THE 1 like Bazz. I love his game too and if he's as good as he looks he will be fine…………..

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Prince is a definite 2/3 while Turtle is a 1/2 and Jalen looks like he could be THE 1 like Bazz. I love his game too and if he's as good as he looks he will be fine…………..
But well still have 2 years of ts, rp, cs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom