Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMO the guys who shy away from competition have the NBA on their mind more than UConn. Not saying that's necessarily bad.

Reaction Score
Just because Jalen Adams has a better produced mixtape than Turtle Jackson doesn't make him any better. I think Turtle might even be ranked higher but I could be wrong. Regardless, if Jalen Adams doesn't commit because of Turtle Jackson, then that says that Turtle's game is strong enough to deter a player like Jalen. Which means Turtle is pretty damn good. I will be satisfied no matter what.

PS: I have watched Turtle's videos, all which are at least a year old, and he possess all the same skills that Jalen has and in fact looks even quicker. The video production is terrible though. And sadly that makes a huge difference in player perception to the average viewer.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not
What are you talking about?
not every guard we recruit has the heart of boatright. Or is as good, we don't know anything about Adams other then that it sounds like he dosnt want competition

Reaction Score
I know a lot of people think we in a good spot with Adams and I think he wants to come, but there is a huge log jam at guard. The longer his recruitment continues and the more schools he learns about means trouble for UConn. He is my number one want, but I do not think he comes here.
None of those guards are pure PGs with the possible exception of Sam Jr. Still, we have a lot of guards already.

Reaction Score
Not

not every guard we recruit has the heart of boatright. Or is as good, we don't know anything about Adams other then that it sounds like he dosnt want competition

It sounds like he doesn't like competition because somebody else, speaking on his behalf, hinted that he might want to go somewhere where he can play right away? That's quite the stretch.

You do realize that just about every recruit asks these same questions, right? The fact that he'd rather be guaranteed minutes as a freshman isn't an indictment on his mentality or competitive fire.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It sounds like he doesn't like competition because somebody else, speaking on his behalf, hinted that he might want to go somewhere where he can play right away? That's quite the stretch.

You do realize that just about every recruit asks these same questions, right? The fact that he'd rather be guaranteed minutes as a freshman isn't an indictment on his mentality or competitive fire.
That why I said it "sounds like," these words did not come out of his mouth, however his coach would know him very well. I'll be excited if he joins the huskys but I hope he isn't scared of some competition, that's all.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
How is he supposed to know that? Because Ollie tells him that? Because he is ranked higher by a website? Still he will have 4 or 5 more bodies he has to compete with, when he can go to another great program and not have to deal with that. It is easy for everyone here to say hes the best, if he has the killer attitude we want he should see that and commit. It is completely different when it is your future on the line.
Because they all play against each other all summer.

Reaction Score
I don't really ever go nuts about UConn recruits but Jalen needs to be wearing a Husky jersey.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I hate how modern-day interviewers ask a question but continue to lead that question into an answer for the interviewee to pretty much have but one answer. One that the interviewer kind of answered in the question.

"So, who do you see as your biggest competition...is it like, Tyler Goings? Or Brett Washington? Who do you like to see on the other side of the court playing against you? Like, when the game is on the line who do you want to show up? Washington? Or David Kirk? Who is it?" :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I hate how modern-day interviewers ask a question but continue to lead that question into an answer for the interviewee to pretty much have but one answer. One that the interviewer kind of answered in the question.

"So, who do you see as your biggest competition...is it like, Tyler Goings? Or Brett Washington? Who do you like to see on the other side of the court playing against you? Like, when the game is on the line who do you want to show up? Washington? Or David Kirk? Who is it?" :rolleyes:
Joe Bada-bingo does something like this. He'll basically just go on a mini-rant, obviously mainly just expressing his self-admitted idiot opinion, then just finishes it of with "How about that?" or something

Reaction Score
He reminds me of a young Dyson splitting the D and getting to the basket. Has good body control

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I would love to see him vs the nike circuit competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads