Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But well still have 2 years of ts, rp, cs....

I'd say 1 year of RP at best, 2 years of CS and TS, after which they are both definitely gone. Leaving 2 guards in WJ and PA heading into their senior year. And let's really be clear. Ollie likes 2 ballhandlers on the floor at all times. Prince Ali will be playing 2/3 with 2 other ball handlers. And when we go bigger at the 3 for an as yet unknown and unnamed SF, Ali sits.

Reaction Score
You mean two years of Samuel from the time Adams gets on campus, right? As in, his junior and senior seasons? Or are you saying you think Samuel is leaving after his junior year?

Reaction Score
You mean two years of Samuel from the time Adams gets on campus, right? As in, his junior and senior seasons? Or are you saying you think Samuel is leaving after his junior year?

From the time Adams would be on campus.

2 years of Samuel, 2 of Cassell, 1 of Purvis.
Also, my belief is that Ali doesn't have the handle to be one of the 2 on the court at all times. He will play the Kromah/Calhoun position.
In other words, I see playing time there after these kids' freshman years. In the first year, things might be a little tight. Especially with Calhoun also in the equation.

caw

Reaction Score
Give the kid time. Honestly any top program is going to have kids he's going to have to compete with.

UL has Rozier, Gill and Snider.

KU has Frankamp, Mason, Selden, Graham and Greene.

Of course neither have any guards in 15. Word is UL wants two and KU one. Either way that's 5-6 guys to compete with (if no one leaves). Same as UConn.

Reaction Score
He just received an offer from Louisville, so their site featured an article on him with some quotes from his AAU coach, Vin Pastore and there were some quotes regarding UConn:

“Connecticut has recruited him the hardest and longest, they’re close and they have a national championship,” Pastore said. “I wouldn’t say UConn is the leader but UConn is strong enough not to call Kansas the leader. Shabazz Napier is a Boston kid and so is Jalen. There are a lot of reasons why UConn is a nice fit for him. There’s a lot of reasons why they aren’t.”

There are two main reasons why UConn may not be a fit for Adams — William Jackson and Prince Ali, a pair of 2015 guards already committed to Kevin Ollie’s Huskies.

“UConn has already two commitments in his class, Prince Ali and [William Jackson],” Pastore said. “I think he has to learn more about Kansas. He’s never been there. I think he’s about as good a guard as there is in the country. Having said that he still doesn’t want to go into an overloaded situation.”

Doesn't necessarily sound great.

There will also be a logjam of guards at Kansas. They have K. Oubre now and then more. Whoever commits first to Uconn should be rewarded and not recruited over. I think KO is happy with what we already got for 2015. Just doing his due diligence in case someone else suddenly withdraws.

Reaction Score
Ok, so let me get this right, in your future you first only have Purvis for a year at best? For starters, I can't even begin to imagine what you mean by "at best", is he going to transfer mid season? On top of that you're being extremely optimistic about Purvis' success. If it's the Ferrari yeah he's probably gone, but what if it's the Rodney Purvis we saw at NCSU? Most likely it will be somewhere in between. And he'll be on a team that is likely to feature as much, if not more, Boat than him. That's not to mention Daniel Hamilton and his offensive upside. I think he stays to have "his season".
Then I'm going to assume CS is Sam Cassell Jr, unless we have another player with the initials CS that I'm missing. Anyways, if I'm not mistaken he has 3 years of eligibility. And until I see him play against this level of competition I'm not ready to say he won't need them all.

And after that you think Terrence Samuel is leaving after his JR year? What leads you to believe he is that good? You think he's better than AJ Price? Shabazz? Boat? I lIke his game and love his heart, happy we have him but he's got a lot of work to do if he wants to get to the league. I'm glad he'll be doing it here and I'll bet he is here all 4 years and has the bonus of that degree at the end to go along with it.
I believe he means 1 year of RP with Jalen on campus, and 2 years os SC and TS with Jalen Adams as well

Reaction Score
He had/has the opportunity to verbal. Didn't. He still is wanted and needed. He needs to decided if he wants to play for the 13-14 national champions. Every top program is going
to recruit depth at all positions. If he thinks Kansas or Ville isn't he and his AAU coach are in a bubble.

I think it was Prince who said something like "we signed early with the national champions" right after we won. Jalen might have waited to long.

I like TSam. But he shouldn't scare any top 20 recruit right now. Yes he got meaningful minutes during the tournament, but not a prime time, ball in hand running the show performer. If he doesn't want to earn minutes is he 10 toes in? Only his committement will tell!

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Logjam didn't concern Govan, going to a crowded front court school.

caw

Reaction Score

Well Govan is their only center who isn't a complete stiff (Hayes). PF is the huge logjam. Dickerson/Mourning/White/Derrickson/Campbell in two classes. Rumor is they are still trying to get Rabb and/or Comache. Just no rhyme or reason. It's like they think they are an NBA team that can trade assets. Just odd recruiting.

At least with guards (bigger ones esp) you have three positions to use minutes. Most bigs can't play the three in college.

Reaction Score
If you really like a school pull the trigger and make a commitment. Don't expect top 5 programs like UConn to hold a roster spot for you and neglect other elite guards just so you're "comfortable"

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Right. Using the same logic adams can say "look at the guards they have produced!"

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Time to move on to the next big man in the class. This happens all the time and is just part of the process.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

unless Govan was more intimidated by Amida Brimah. The announcers were raving about AB's potential during the tourney.....Govan might have noticed.

Reaction Score
I believe he means 1 year of RP with Jalen on campus, and 2 years os SC and TS with Jalen Adams as well

Yeah, I quickly realized my mistake and if you noticed deleted that post. My bad.

Reaction Score
“Connecticut has recruited him the hardest and longest, they’re close and they have a national championship,” Pastore said. “I wouldn’t say UConn is the leader but UConn is strong enough not to call Kansas the leader. Shabazz Napier is a Boston kid and so is Jalen. There are a lot of reasons why UConn is a nice fit for him. There’s a lot of reasons why they aren’t.”

Correction: We have four national championships.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Honestly, the thoughts that come out of some of your heads are just so painful to read.

Did Adams say that he's reticent to come to UConn because of the competition?

If the answer is no, then STFU.

I can deal with losing Govan, but if UConn misses Adams, there'll be a tantrum.

Reaction Score
Honestly, the thoughts that come out of some of your heads are just so painful to read.

Did Adams say that he's reticent to come to UConn because of the competition?

If the answer is no, then STFU.

I can deal with losing Govan, but if UConn misses Adams, there'll be a tantrum.

For those who are new to the Boneyard:

Fishy Tantrum = Lock your doors, there will be many here who get their throats punched in!

Reaction Score
For those who are new to the Boneyard:

Fishy Tantrum = Lock your doors, there will be many here who get their throats punched in!
He's been in a snit for about a month. So Tantrum away say I; if a good tantrum doesn't restore his normally sunny disposition;
then we may be looking at a Fishy Event. Believe me no good will come of that except maybe for Sunshine Cleaning.

Reaction Score
He just received an offer from Louisville, so their site featured an article on him with some quotes from his AAU coach, Vin Pastore and there were some quotes regarding UConn:

There are two main reasons why UConn may not be a fit for Adams — William Jackson and Prince Ali, a pair of 2015 guards already committed to Kevin Ollie’s Huskies.

“UConn has already two commitments in his class, Prince Ali and [William Jackson],” Pastore said. “I think he has to learn more about Kansas. He’s never been there. I think he’s about as good a guard as there is in the country. Having said that he still doesn’t want to go into an overloaded situation.”

Doesn't necessarily sound great.
Love the way somebody else speaks for a kid... smh....

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There will also be a logjam of guards at Kansas. They have K. Oubre now and then more. Whoever commits first to Uconn should be rewarded and not recruited over. I think KO is happy with what we already got for 2015. Just doing his due diligence in case someone else suddenly withdraws.

Screw that. Never sit on your laurels. Collect as much talent as you can and let them hash out minutes on the court. Jesus, no need to pander to anybody.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1) Connecticut plays a very guard dominated offensive system that prepares our backcourt for the next level. If Adams is smart and getting good advice, he'll give that considerable weight in making his decision.

2) After watching our backcourt defense destroy supposed better teams, I think you need some very compelling reason to go elsewhere.

3) Kevin Ollie is a pretty cool guy to play for - young, charismatic, focused and successful.

We'll see what Adams decides.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member